PvP Federal Corvette Build Advice

For a PvE Corvette, I might build something like this:

Notes:
  • The weapon fit is really according to taste. The one I've given is similar to my PvE Battleconda (I don't have a Corvette so can't talk about weapon convergence).
  • You should know that the efficient beams your build runs suffer badly from damage fall-off at ranges over 600m. At 1000m range you are already losing nearly 20% of your damage. I'd suggest trying the G1 long range mod instead if you can afford the power/distributor draw - even the G1 range mod eliminates the damage falloff completely.
  • I find the gimballed MC/efficient PAs setup a lot of fun to fight with. The MCs provide constant damage, while the slow-firing fixed weapons are satisfying to line up.
  • A fast-charge bi-weave is preferred to a prismatic in PvE because you should be beating most AIs by a fair margin and the faster charge rate vastly reduces the amount of time spent waiting for shields to charge. It's also much more power-efficient.
  • If you really want a prismatic shield, try the lo-draw mod. 20% less power draw in exchange for a tiny drop in shield capacity is a very good deal. Changing multi-weave to lo-draw saves a whole 2MW of power which you can use for more shield from other sources.
  • SCBs dump a lot of heat into your ship, hence the heat sinks. They are your panic button for tough fights. If you have the tools (eg. Voiceattack), create a macro to fire an SCB and a heat sink at the same time, followed ~1s later by a second SCB. They also go up to 7A so you don't have to get irritated by wrong-sized modules ;)
EDIT: This is my PvE Anaconda - it's named Got Buns, Hun?

Last edited:
"I designate [my Corvette] as a multi role Combat Vessel able to do anything I need it to; including landing and exploring on planets, haul minor amounts of cargo, and mainly fight while still able to have a respectable jump range.

Nope, nope, nope. Ships in Elite Dangerous are not "do anything all at once" ships and if you try to build that variety of capability into your ship(s) you are going to be re-buying a lot of ships.

Ships in Elite Dangerous are not pocket knives with a bunch of built-in blades that can all be snapped out as needed, ships in Elite Dangerous are single-bladed knives, knives with a single, interchangeable blade that can be changed out for another blade as needed for different jobs: a spoon one day, a chopper the next, and so on. You fit your ship for combat one day, then refit for trading, then refit again for exploration.

There is some overlap, for instance: if a ship is A-rated and fitted for combat then only minor refitting is necessary to make that ship fit for bounty hunting, or for piracy and most ships carry some defensive armor and armament however, there is no such thing as a cargo hauling, combat-ready, mining, trading exploration ship with awesome jump-range. Trying to build that much variety of capability into your ship(s) all at one time will introduce compromises in the ship's outfit that will negatively impact the ship's ability to perform any single job at its peak performance.

A Corvette is never going to get above around 35 LY anyway, even if you strip it, i.e.: no weapons, no shields, no cargo racks, no SRV, etc. etc. and if you do not believe me then go to the Coriolis Shipyard, experiment with Corvette builds and see what you can get.

I suggest you start by A-rating your Corvette and adding a GFSDB, fitting it for combat (the role for which it is designed) and then refit as necessary to perform different roles. o7

Last edited:
Nope, nope, nope. Ships in Elite Dangerous are not "do anything all at once" ships and if you try to build that variety of capability into your ship(s) you are going to be re-buying a lot of ships.
I don’t know the reason, but for some reason there are restrictions on the part of quite useful modules in the game and this does not fully reveal the full power of large ships.

Why are HRP and MRP only 5 classes? Why even the Guardian shield booster is also only 5th grade?

And as a result, some kind of cheap FDL can simply defeat a ship many times higher than it cost.

I don’t know the reason, but for some reason there are restrictions on the part of quite useful modules in the game and this does not fully reveal the full power of large ships.

Why are HRP and MRP only 5 classes? Why even the Guardian shield booster is also only 5th grade?

And as a result, some kind of cheap FDL can simply defeat a ship many times higher than it cost.
Because balance. And reasons.

(hint: FD can't balance 💩 in this game 😂)

Because balance. And reasons.

(hint: FD can't balance 💩 in this game 😂)
I don’t think that the Elite should have a balance on ships, this is not a session game where everything is on an equal footing.

I don’t really understand how it is possible to balance a ship for equipping which spent 10 times less money and time than on another?

The hilarious thing is that smaller HRPs have a much better HP to mass ratio than larger ones. It's like resistance-augged boosters, you get the same resistance benefit for E-rated as A-rated at 1/5th the mass and a smaller fraction of the power draw. Sure, you're only getting a 4% boost instead of 20%, but overall the cost/benefit ratio is better and they're great on power-starved builds.

Give me a ship with 16 C1 slots and I'll show you what "hulltank" means :D

The hilarious thing is that smaller HRPs have a much better HP to mass ratio than larger ones. It's like resistance-augged boosters, you get the same resistance benefit for E-rated as A-rated at 1/5th the mass and a smaller fraction of the power draw. Sure, you're only getting a 4% boost instead of 20%, but overall the cost/benefit ratio is better and they're great on power-starved builds.

Give me a ship with 16 C1 slots and I'll show you what "hulltank" means :D
I’m not sure that there is the same deception as with shields, but I think that I think the resistance of the case after 50 will also tend to 0.

SCBs dump a lot of heat into your ship, hence the heat sinks. They are your panic button for tough fights. If you have the tools (eg. Voiceattack), create a macro to fire an SCB and a heat sink at the same time, followed ~1s later by a second SCB.
By the way, with such use, I think it is more profitable to use the B cell since 6 is divided by 3.

I don’t think that the Elite should have a balance on ships, this is not a session game where everything is on an equal footing.

I don’t really understand how it is possible to balance a ship for equipping which spent 10 times less money and time than on another?

Exactly. My G5 Corvette should pound a wing of FDLs into the pavement all day long.

"I designate [my Corvette] as a multi role Combat Vessel able to do anything I need it to; including landing and exploring on planets, haul minor amounts of cargo, and mainly fight while still able to have a respectable jump range.

Ships in Elite Dangerous are not pocket knives with a bunch of built-in blades that can all be snapped out as needed, ships in Elite Dangerous are single-bladed knives, knives with a single, interchangeable blade that can be changed out for another blade as needed for different jobs: a spoon one day, a chopper the next, and so on. You fit your ship for combat one day, then refit for trading, then refit again for exploration.

There is some overlap, for instance: if a ship is A-rated and fitted for combat then only minor refitting is necessary to make that ship fit for bounty hunting, or for piracy and most ships carry some defensive armor and armament however, there is no such thing as a cargo hauling, combat-ready, mining, trading exploration ship with awesome jump-range. Trying to build that much variety of capability into your ship(s) all at one time will introduce compromises in the ship's outfit that will negatively impact the ship's ability to perform any single job at its peak performance.

A Corvette is never going to get above around 35 LY anyway, even if you strip it, i.e.: no weapons, no shields, no cargo racks, no SRV, etc. etc. and if you do not believe me then go to the Coriolis Shipyard, experiment with Corvette builds and see what you can get.

I suggest you start by A-rating your Corvette and adding a GFSDB, fitting it for combat (the role for which it is designed) and then refit as necessary to perform different roles. o7
Say that again, this time while flying a Python. Your nose will pop the canopy it'll grow so long

Why?
A wing of designated strike craft flown correctly should always be more than a match for a single heavy multirole craft.

The Corvette is described a Superheavy Fighter and "one of the most powerful combat ships on the market".
So either the the marketing department is lying or the ship just doesn't live up to the hype. I think it's both.
X.

this would be maxed out shield as you would build it in PvP
megajoules are more important cause Plasma are bypassing resistences at 60%
1595328225300.png

7.5 k total raw shield and much better thermal defense cause the buffed mj
1595328286318.png

here is the full build

in PvP you would fly 2 cells though but OP asked for a multirole ship.

Last edited:
Top Bottom