Ships Federal corvette to make money

I heard to make money to do Massacre missions.
What is the best loadout (with and without engineering) to use?

For killing the NPC's I'd go bi weave shields with boosters, a large beam and the rest multicannons. That would be the same for both engineered and un-engineered

Maybe a fighter bay too

For the engineering, I would go Overcharged autoloader on the multicannons with one corrosive high cap. Maybe a long range heally beam if your hunting in a wing. Reinforced fast charge on the shields.

I use a Krait mk2 for most types of combat, this one is for pirate threat zones (engineered Anacondas) so it'd be fine for pretty much everything else https://s.orbis.zone/cl-l

If you just want to make money from combat I'd recommend going to a HighRES and letting the system security ships do the heavy lifting, so an ammo less build like this would probably be more suitable https://s.orbis.zone/cl-r

Expect NPCs to chaff a lot. So fit two small feedback rails. Fixed large beam is fine, two medium incendiary, one huge corrosive and autoloader MCs each and you're fine.

I use a Krait mk2 for most types of combat, this one is for pirate threat zones (engineered Anacondas) so it'd be fine for pretty much everything else https://s.orbis.zone/cl-l

If you just want to make money from combat I'd recommend going to a HighRES and letting the system security ships do the heavy lifting, so an ammo less build like this would probably be more suitable https://s.orbis.zone/cl-r
Money from combat ?! REAL money is not just rushing blind, like a mad bull, in CZ.s....

Real money you do by getting assassination missions stacked ( 10-15 at once, targeting the same faction, in the same system) - and REAL money is when you kill them, get the credits from the missions (100-150 millions for 1-2 hours of combat) AND the credits from system authority - supposing you use also a wanted scanner when you fire your weapons. So, at the end of process, you will get some 150-200 millions or more. That I call real money from combat.

Expect NPCs to chaff a lot. So fit two small feedback rails. Fixed large beam is fine, two medium incendiary, one huge corrosive and autoloader MCs each and you're fine.
You can spray the chaffing guys with MC.s, or much better, with frags - chaff won't help them much :p

Do i have to engeneer all stuff or can i battle without?
Can you give me a build (Federal Corvette)?
Against some opinions expressed here, the difference between a stock Vette and an engineered one is HUGE. Not just in terms of survivability, but also in terms of firepower and agility, all those translated, later, in much bigger amounts of credits earned.... or saved :p

Last edited:
Before I started using Kraits for almost everything I did try several Vette builds

The frag turrets only fire when they're within range and ironically the spread is effective even when the target is chaffing

1 - The PP - stripped down won't make difference too much, is a huge ship - go for armored or OC - you will need every drop of juice for those huge hard points....
Engine - go for Dirty & Drag drivers, so you can dance circles around Annies ; And the PD I advise you to modd him for WEAPONS... make a HUGE difference in battle !
2 - Instead of hull reinf. packs, go for GSRB - the Vette enjoy a great shield multiplication, like the Annie, and you can easily get in the 5-7k range - so you will NEVER loose shields battling NPCs ; Then, what is the point of reinforcing the hull ?! And adding the extra weight ? ....
3 - instead of FSD interdictor ( kind of useless , since all small/medium ships are faster than you...) - I suggest taking an AFMU , so you can repair some scratches in the field, without the need to doc somewhere for repairs.
4 - ditch BOTH of SCBs - you wont need ANY of them at grade 7 battling NPCs ! - put, instead, a cargo bay in those slots for your limpets who will harvest materials from your victims, and on the other put a class 7 Collector - so you will have a cloud of limpets after you harvesting when you kill NPC after NPC.Also, this will give you some extra flexibility, for short cargo runs as a heavy armed transport, for those missions where you will be ambushed 5-7-9 times by Annies NPC. ( last weekm I got a mission to transport 96 tons of gold and I got not 3 not 5 but yes NINE ( 9 !! ) Condas Pirates dropping on me, one after one.... A FUN FEST OF KILLING - got more credits from bounties than from mission, lol ! )
5 - Add, in one of the class 5 internals, a SCB, engineered with Boss Cell, so you won't need to use any heatsink in your Utility slots - instead fill those slots with SB , one Wanted scanner, buffed for fast scan (2 seconds/scan) , a Point Def. turret, a Chaff - and all others SB. The SCB will rarely be used, I tell you this, if you do NOT make any dumb mistakes, you never need a SCB.... but have one class 4 or 5 with you, just in case, more for moral effect :p
6 - weapons wise - get 2 Beams grade 5 efficient with TV in those class IV HP.s, so you can cook fast any medium//small NPC, and all the rest go MCs ; But do not ruin the perfectly placed class IV hard points with mixed weapons....

7 - Add a class V hangar and get a good NPC pilot ( you can train one from scratch, like I did, to save many millions of credits later, or you can just "rent" an elite one, before you go fighting.... Anyway, it will be like another class IV long range weapon for you, and will bring you a serious buff, both in attack and defense.
When you get all this - will be no NPC who can stand your firepower , in a 1 vs 1 , and usually you can take on 2 wings of normal
NPC s at once, without any problems.

Last edited:

Krait, Chally, etc - all medium / small ships - are for FUN combat; big whales like Vette and Annie - are for EFFICIENT combat ( credits, materials, time involved) . Not so much fun, but a lot more credits in the same time period and incomparable bigger materials harvest.

Krait, Chally, etc - all medium / small ships - are for FUN combat; big whales like Vette and Annie - are for EFFICIENT combat ( credits, materials, time involved) . Not so much fun, but a lot more credits in the same time period and incomparable bigger materials harvest.
Agreed the Vette is more efficient but if it ain't fun I'm probably not going to bother, so I've engineered about a dozen Krait mk2's with wildly different loadouts, currently using 1 large efficient + 2 medium TV beams and 2 Pacifier frag cannons (incendiary rounds) it rips shields and hull to shreds! :)

As a side note - A lot of the really lucrative systems for massacre stacking need a smaller ship because of the outposts lacking large pads.

So be aware you might need to switch to small ship to get 10-20 stacked missions going from backwater system to system that is near your massacre systen.

But swapping back to Corvette ain't too big of a hassle.

I'm a big fan of Plasma Slug PA's and rails on corvette, especially with over 64t of fuel.
7c bi weaves with g5 thermal resist and fast charge are my go to PvE shield generator. 5.1 mj/s recharge.

I prefer fixed on Corvette, but I've seen plenty of PvE vette's with gimballed do fine.

As a side note - A lot of the really lucrative systems for massacre stacking need a smaller ship because of the outposts lacking large pads.

So be aware you might need to switch to small ship to get 10-20 stacked missions going from backwater system to system that is near your massacre systen.

But swapping back to Corvette ain't too big of a hassle.

I'm a big fan of Plasma Slug PA's and rails on corvette, especially with over 64t of fuel.
7c bi weaves with g5 thermal resist and fast charge are my go to PvE shield generator. 5.1 mj/s recharge.

I prefer fixed on Corvette, but I've seen plenty of PvE vette's with gimballed do fine.
Vette is so darn effective, will do well with almost any weapons.... I use a gimballed beams on mine because of the nasty Eagles, or other small & agile NPC ships - Usually I take mainly on wings of NPCs ( one or 2 wings at once ) because is far more effective like that for my class 7 limpets... but when I go with a Cheffy or Challenger, I will take mainly individual targets... You can take on wings, but you push the ship at limits, sometime... but with the Vette.... you simply do not care how many, how big they are :p

Tks to all!
I have never done massacre missions. Can you give me hint to get some systems to can use for massacre missions?

Top Bottom