Federal Vote of No Confidence

The Federal constitution says, its president is elected for an eight year term, with a vote of no confidence after four years. If the vote is won, nothing happens, but should the sitting president lose it, the vice president will be given the opportunity to form a government, while the incumbent president is removed from office.

As we know from historic sources (Gellan/Smith in 2866), the president following the one who lost the vote, will serve an eight year term himself with a vote of no confidence.

In 3301, Halsey disappeared and eventually was removed from office, with Hudson being the new president. Four years later i.e. in 3305 he should face a vote of no confidence. We have January 3306 as of the writing of this post.

This raises a question: Do we have a constitutional crisis in the Federation, did I (and everybody I spoke to) miss the corresponding Galnet articles, or did FDev forget to implement that storyline/not bother to?

I really like to have an explanation for this...

Typical of the opposition who have no arguments to call for the removal of the greatest president.

#Witchhunt #Sad #Hudson3306
Nobodies calling for his removal they just want him to ensure that there are no legal loopholes by which he could be attacked during the next four years. After he has won the vote he can then get back to whatever it is he does to pass the time.

I think it might have come up in a livestream recently. I believe they said he won the vote*

*I didn't watch the livestream but saw someone comment about it in a discord.

However the background story is in need of some CPR at the minute so he was unlikely to lose the vote anyway.

When the Alliance presidential election Galnet articles started popping up I hoped it was going to lead into an interesting series of CGs.

As in: Pilots get to pick a political campaign and support it through X, Y, and Z. Whoever wins would become a new PowerPlay figure for the Alliance to sit alongside PM Edmund Mahon.

Federal and Imperial players could have tried to undermine voting efforts or install a candidate that would further their interests. :D

That ship has sailed unfortunately, but it could be cool as hell to do that as a new Hudson/Winters IG.

Yeah there are so many possibilities to get the players engaged in the lore. Even if it is just a simple CG (support Hudson/Winters). Even if they "forgot" to do it they could go "oh the Thargoids interfered and that election is postponed to a later date" in a galnet article.

Sadly we are dealing with a company that (allegedly) employs 100 persons in one project and not a single one of them thinks of such an ingame event. Can't be that hard to set up a reminder in a google calendar?

Those who have power are loathe to relinquish their control, once gained, abuse follows to ensure that they can lord it over their population.

The other powers need to rise in union to overthrow Hudson but they're too worried about their own crowned heads.

The New Galnet News only publishes stories that have an in game effect.

If Hudson won the vote of confidence there would be no in game effect.
If Hudson lost the vote of confidence there would be an in game effect.
No Galnet News story has been published on the vote of confidence
Thus there has been no in game effect from the vote of confidence for The New Galnet to report on.
Therefore Hudson won the vote of confidence

I assume he won it by a comfortable margin and it was just a formality, so didn't make the summary of the summary of the summary of the news that gets as far as Galnet (or got as far as Galnet in June 3305).

After all, while the last four years haven't been great for the Federation, the Winters-led opposition has completely failed to put forward a convincing alternative, and indeed has led to such a blurring of the boundaries between the two parties that most news sources no longer bother to report the party affiliation of members of the Federal Congress.

Mahon must be coming to the end of his 6-year term as Prime Minister fairly soon as well, but since apparently no Alliance PM has made it that far before without resigning in one scandal or another I expect he'll be reappointed just for the novelty value.

Well, since there's nothing in Galnet to go by, any number of things could have happened. As others have said, Hudson could've won the vote (most likely). Or in light of the Thargoids he could've pushed through emergency powers to give him more years as a "wartime president".

hud.jpg

PrezForce One reports all is well.

We haven't had a Kumo day for a while either. Is Archon even still alive?

Are any of the Powerplay leaders alive? Frontier don't seem to care about them. Even in the Galnet days, their existence often had no real repercussions to the galaxy anyway.

The narrative in the game is basically dead. And that's 😥.

Top Bottom