Newcomer / Intro Federation Rank grinding tips

Hi all

I was hoping for some guidance as to where to start grinding Federation Rank with the end goal of reaching Rear Admiral and acquiring the Federal Corvette. I understand this will be a long and rather painful grind.

From what I've gathered so far:
  • I want to identify a federation system which is in boom which spawn boom data delivery and donation missions (I have a decent amount of coin) which are the fastest to rank up.
  • Ideally the above system would also have a destination also in boom, the golden route being two systems that are in boom sending missions to each other.

I've located Ceos/Sothis based on previous post, is this a good spot for grinding or are there more efficient route. Note, by efficient I mean by time, not by value/profit.

If not does anyone have a good location currently they would be willing to share that would be good for Federation Rank grinding?

Thank you kindly in advance

Yes that worked for me. You also get lots of rare materials there. Also contribute some money to factions.

Another idea is to get on EDDB and look for systems with more then a few Fed factions and load up on missions from everybody. There's some out there with 5-6 factions.

Thank you all for your answers. Appreciate it very much.

Another idea is to get on EDDB and look for systems with more then a few Fed factions and load up on missions from everybody. There's some out there with 5-6 factions.

I didn't know you could search by faction so thanks for this info as well :)

Yes, ranking up in a Superpower (either Federation or Empire) takes quite a while. You just have to do a ton of missions and/or donations for factions aligned with your Superpower (in this case, Federation).

Currently, my favored method is doing bulk passenger missions (not sightseeing ones, just the "transport X number of passengers to Y"). I've been doing them out of Rhea, simply because it's full of Federation aligned factions. Donation missions also spawn there, although not consistently. There are also data and cargo missions if you don't like passengers, or don't have a suitable ship for them.

It's more efficient to do bulk passenger missions in a large ship, though, so if you only have a smaller ship, stick to the data and cargo deliveries, and donation missions if you can afford them.

I've done the Empire grind twice, now, and the Federation one 1.5 times (I'm still working on the second account :) ). I've never found it to be super fun, or super annoying. It just takes time. And if you want the ship, you gotta do the work.

Good luck!

Thank you all for your answers. Appreciate it very much.

I didn't know you could search by faction so thanks for this info as well :)

On EDDB under system select the allegiance (Feds) and whatever system you're currently in or near where you want to be. It will bring up a list of near by systems. Then look for how many landing areas the system has. The more it has the better your odds are at finding multiple Fed aligned factions.

Thank you all for your comments/help.

Would you recommend running a Python (i.e hit both M/L stations) or is it just more efficient to stick to a Tradeconda and flip mission board to run between the main stations?

Found one chaps!

Traffic report is empty so just me here at the mo...

Bumbur -> Ross 310

Bumbur has two outposts that are BOTH under 15ls from the star and 6ls from each other. 3fed factions all sending data and a little cargo over to Morey Port (197ls) in Ross 310.

One of the best I’ve ever found in terms or distance.

Do both outposts and then head over to Ross 310, they should have some stuff to bring back with you.

Last edited:
Hi all

I was hoping for some guidance as to where to start grinding Federation Rank with the end goal of reaching Rear Admiral and acquiring the Federal Corvette. I understand this will be a long and rather painful grind.

From what I've gathered so far:
  • I want to identify a federation system which is in boom which spawn boom data delivery and donation missions (I have a decent amount of coin) which are the fastest to rank up.
  • Ideally the above system would also have a destination also in boom, the golden route being two systems that are in boom sending missions to each other.

I've located Ceos/Sothis based on previous post, is this a good spot for grinding or are there more efficient route. Note, by efficient I mean by time, not by value/profit.

If not does anyone have a good location currently they would be willing to share that would be good for Federation Rank grinding?

Thank you kindly in advance

I've found a nice cluster of systems around Lawd 17, including LP21-112 and Brontes. They have all different types of mission, including a lot of boom data delivery ones, especially to Brontes. LP21-112 has three docks and they all give a number of data delivery missions. It's a bit of a trek to Brontes as the delivery point is about 11k Ls from the system arrival point, but it's great for getting the ranking up.

What about empire?
I have tons of explorer data so can Ally quickly. Am aimlessley doing missions around faction capitals atm.

Word of advice for Sothis and CEOS. Be sure to rank up with Sirius Corp there and get to allied status. If you run passengers from CEOS you'll pick up rank and modular terminals. It's probably the most painless way to get Marco Qwent unlocked as you're effectively doing 3 grinds at the same time.

Last edited:
Just an update on Bumbur...

Had a pretty good time here the last few hours. The missions sometimes dry up a little but the very short travel times make up for it so if you just keep moving you’re good. The lowest number of missions I’ve carried is 8 but there’s also a nearby surface port to consider to thicken out the transactions.

Since I posted at 10:45 I’ve gone from ‘None’ to ‘Chief Petty Officer’ so that’s the Assault Ship ready to go. Considering hanging about and getting a Gunship, never had one before...

Thank you all for your comments/help.

Would you recommend running a Python (i.e hit both M/L stations) or is it just more efficient to stick to a Tradeconda and flip mission board to run between the main stations?

used a Python, good cargo capacity for some missions as well as the data ones....

I spent nearly so many credits while ranking in the Empire to get the Cutter... But have made it back.

Similar with the Feds
I

Thanksfortips, already allied with sirius, I noticed on eddb, some empire systems have 20 or so ports, might be a good place to try.
I now have to figure out if there are any permit locked systems I can access, I think I got all possible ones from data allying.

Top Bottom