Feedback on new mining mechanics...

I was a little disappointed when the new mining mechanics were introduced but that's only because I first attempted it in a wing and got caught by that darn bug where the charges for core mining would not work. That turned me off for awhile but I have done a few small mining runs solo which I found to be quite fun. I think that's fixed now but I haven't had a chance to try it again.

I always thought the mining laser was a bit boring so the new hardpoints were a pretty refreshing change. The most fun I had with the new mechanics was when I loaded up my Beluga for mining with all of the available tools; Lasers, abrasion blasters, displacement missiles and charges. I then went to a LTD hotspot and spent some time using all of the tools together since LTD's can spawn at all levels of mining. It was just great to have that kind of variety while mining. I think mining is much better nowadays since you have a decent number of options regarding how you do it. And yes, popping a core is both visually and audibly orgasmic so that that helps.

Top Bottom