Dinosaurs Buildings & Attractions General Gameplay feeders releasing living fishes directly into lakes

Yes I think that is a great idea that would make JWE more enjoyable for some people and to see fish swim in a swamp with a Suchomimus watching it would be so cool

Main problem I could really see with this is the potential for the fish to swim above the water, like how Homalocephale & Compsognathus can't detect water depth (I guess maybe they could be close to the land surface under the water, but that would suit a flatter, bottom feeding fish, like a catfish, rather than the fish we have).

I get the feeling that this might be unlikely for the game, though seems quite possible for a sequel.

Main problem I could really see with this is the potential for the fish to swim above the water, like how Homalocephale & Compsognathus can't detect water depth
Yeah, I thinking the same thing... if they haven't even programmed the dinosaurs to recognize they're standing in water, would fish even work?

Main problem I could really see with this is the potential for the fish to swim above the water, like how Homalocephale & Compsognathus can't detect water depth (I guess maybe they could be close to the land surface under the water, but that would suit a flatter, bottom feeding fish, like a catfish, rather than the fish we have).

I get the feeling that this might be unlikely for the game, though seems quite possible for a sequel.
well actually I think water is still taken into account by the game as a limit of something, it's just that the AI of the dinosaurs don't care. I take as an example the fact that, for drinking, the AIs of dinosaurs are always placed at the edge of the water, and never in the middle. Another example is the fact that buildings react to water when we want to place them. It is impossible to place a building (except a fence or a fish fedder) in the water.
So it would be enough to program the AIs of the fish to never cross this limit, in the same way that the AIs of dinosaurs, goats or visitors are programmed so as not to pass through the fences.

Yeah, I thinking the same thing... if they haven't even programmed the dinosaurs to recognize they're standing in water, would fish even work?

Well actually I think water is still taken into account by the game as a limit of something, it's just that the AI of the dinosaurs don't care. I take as an example the fact that, for drinking, the AIs of dinosaurs are always placed at the edge of the water, and never in the middle. Another example is the fact that buildings react to water when we want to place them. It is impossible to place a building (except a fence or a fish fedder) in the water.
So it would be enough to program the AIs of the fish to never cross this limit, in the same way that the AIs of dinosaurs, goats or visitors are programmed so as not to pass through the fences.

Top Bottom