Newcomer / Intro Felicity Farseer?

Hi all

I have just received a message from one Felicity Farseer and she says she has put a marker in my galaxy map so I can find her. Anything for a laugh so I thought I'd go look her up. But there is no marker that I can see. How do we find that marker, please? Cheers all

Hi all

I have just received a message from one Felicity Farseer and she says she has put a marker in my galaxy map so I can find her. Anything for a laugh so I thought I'd go look her up. But there is no marker that I can see. How do we find that marker, please? Cheers all
Easiest way is right panel, engineers, then select dear Felicity and show on map.
She'll be wanting some meta alloys up front and can give you better FSD and Thrusters

Hi all

Right ship UI panel under engineers, "view on galaxy map".

You'll want to get a meta alloy before you go.
I'd suggest acquiring enough mats to upgrade your FSD to G5 as well.

Buy the largest A rated FSD available for your ship first, naturally.

Look up the blueprints and other info here:
https://inara.cz/galaxy-blueprints/

ninja'd!

Last edited:

Deleted member 38366

D
That's Felicity Farseer in the Galaxy Map :

ELITE-Engineers1.jpg

With proper Galaxy Map Display Settings, all unlocked Engineers should show up. This is how the SOL Bubble looks as an example, with plenty of Engineers unlocked :

ELITE-Engineers2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one. Thanks all

Couple of jargon-related questions: What do you mean by "acquiring enough mats to upgrade your FSD to G5 as well", please? I am a noob and non comprendo da lingo.

Just one meta alloy?

And Ah, I see, I have 'unlocked' Felicity. Well, that's a first for me ;)

This is all really interesting stuff - thanks everyone! Mucho apprecio.

Nice one. Thanks all

Couple of jargon-related questions: What do you mean by "acquiring enough mats to upgrade your FSD to G5 as well", please? I am a noob and non comprendo da lingo.

Just one meta alloy?

And Ah, I see, I have 'unlocked' Felicity. Well, that's a first for me ;)

This is all really interesting stuff - thanks everyone! Mucho apprecio.

Mats are materials the engineers use for upgrades... You gather them in your SRV on planets, from mining asteroids and from exchange at Material Brokers. Some missions offer them too.

Foundher. , she's miles away - I'm in LH463 or somewhere. It's gonna take ages to get there - lots of silly little jumps. How do you upgrade the hyperdrive on these Cobra MkIII's? ;)

Foundher. , she's miles away - I'm in LH463 or somewhere. It's gonna take ages to get there - lots of silly little jumps. How do you upgrade the hyperdrive on these Cobra MkIII's? ;)
If you already have an A grade one, then um... You talk to the good Ms Farseer...

Haha yeah gotcha... mine's a 4E and there's a bewildering number of lesser drives available where I am, I suppose I need to find a higher tech system. Current max jump range is just over 9Ly which is moderate I think... seems to be lots of dead-end jump routes and it's difficult to get any distance without having to do lots of micro-jumps - is this normal? Where does it explain what all the different figures mean like the tonnage of the drive 275/293/401 or whatever...I have no clue as to what all that stuff means althoug Iam sure it's going to be useful when I've sussed it all out :)

Haha yeah gotcha... mine's a 4E and there's a bewildering number of lesser drives available where I am, I suppose I need to find a higher tech system. Current max jump range is just over 9Ly which is moderate I think... seems to be lots of dead-end jump routes and it's difficult to get any distance without having to do lots of micro-jumps - is this normal? Where does it explain what all the different figures mean like the tonnage of the drive 275/293/401 or whatever...I have no clue as to what all that stuff means althoug Iam sure it's going to be useful when I've sussed it all out :)

Quick primer then..
The number 1-7 are the size... Bigger ships need bigger modules. They can often use smaller, but they're usually less good.
The letter is quality ish...
  • E = Basic Factory Default aka rubbish
  • D = Lightweight - good for explorers etc
  • C = Standard/Average
  • B = Armoured Heavy Unit - great for tanks
  • A = The Best! In most cases, you'll want this.

Oh excellent thank you so much. Yes, that would explain the 4E drive - I haven't upgraded it since buying the ship so that makes perfect sense.

Thanks agaiin.

Oh excellent thank you so much. Yes, that would explain the 4E drive - I haven't upgraded it since buying the ship so that makes perfect sense.

Thanks agaiin.

In the end its not *quite* that simple, but it'll do for now. There are lots of engineering tricks that can change stuff up, and some things just don't have weight anyway... And then there are things that range A-H and size 0... But you'll discover those and learn how to compare the stats on modules. In the end it depends on what you want to do with the ship being worked on.

Last edited:
Confirmed 4A FSDs at Ray Gateway in Diaguandri right now.

FYI OP, all Li Yong Rui stations have a 15% discount on ships and modules.
That brings the 4A FSD down to ~Cr 1.4mil.

Buy all of your ships/modules here and at other LYR stations to save cash and slightly lower your rebuy costs too.

Last edited:

Thanks agaiin.

The only reason to have E rated Core Modules in your ship is to sell it, the reason for this is ships and their contents are sold at a loss but if you sell modules separately you get the full price you paid for them (note don't sell modules you have engineered just store them) so fitting undersize E rated modules will lose you less money.

If you don't have the cash to change the modules in a new ship to D rated or better then you really can't afford to buy, well run, that ship. To be honest there are some modules you can get away with for a short while but the FSD is not one of them. Just changing the Cobra's FSD to a 4A will get you jumping 20 light years or so.

The first thing I do when I get a new ship is get an A rated FSD. Then I get D-rated internal modules on everything else that I can to get the weight down. This will maximize the jump range on an unengineered ship. It will be worthless in most combat situations, but will get around the galaxy much quicker.

Well, I have arrived at Felicity's facility and, as you said, she wants meta-alloys.

I have an SRV and have done some rudimentary planetside trundling in it.

But how do I find meta-alloys? I have found vanadium, selenium, copper, all kinds of mats in my travels, but it's all been a bit random what I find. Is there any way of narrowing it down some, so at least I am looking for the needle in the correct haystack? ;)

Cheers all

Last edited:
Top Bottom