ANNOUNCEMENT Festive Countdown 2019

There have been some glow in the dark schemes so I expect that setting is so you can see how they look with the lights out.
Possible, but clicking it doesn't return any results? Maybe they haven't added that flag to the paintjobs yet?

Is there any word on how long the limited-availability paintjobs will be available?

They are being added each day at the moment, with the old ones still being available. I'd prefer to wait until they are all listed before deciding which ones are most worth my Arx, but don't want to completely miss them!

I'm fairly sure in past years, the end date was in the announcement or on the store pages - but I can't see anything about it this time around.

Is there any word on how long the limited-availability paintjobs will be available?

They are being added each day at the moment, with the old ones still being available. I'd prefer to wait until they are all listed before deciding which ones are most worth my Arx, but don't want to completely miss them!

I'm fairly sure in past years, the end date was in the announcement or on the store pages - but I can't see anything about it this time around.
According to the OP, the paint jobs will be available between 13th December - 25th December.

According to the OP, the paint jobs will be available between 13th December - 25th December.

I don't see that. It says that the free Arx are being issued every day from 13-25 December, and that they are making "elusive Paint Jobs" available each day - but nothing about when they will no longer be available for purchase.

I don't see that. It says that the free Arx are being issued every day from 13-25 December, and that they are making "elusive Paint Jobs" available each day - but nothing about when they will no longer be available for purchase.
As is tradition, for the Elite Dangerous Festive Countdown, we'll also be making a selection of elusive Paint Jobs available during this period.
I wonder what that means.

Tell you what I'd do mate. First wait until the end of the period and calculate the total amount of free Arx given to you. Then work out what that equates to in cash terms. Then multiply that by 3 million, which is the number of Elite accounts sold. That will give you a figure for the potential revenue FDev have foregone due to the giveaway.

Nerd that I am, I decided to give it a go

Assuming every one of those three million players logs in every day:

1576676467725.png

Extrapolating from the current rate of increase, we could expect around 450 ARX on Christmas Day, for an accumulated total of around 3500. Could be more if the ARX per day rises more steeply but let's assume 3500 ARX is a reasonable.

Assuming the quoted value for 100 ARX as eight cents, that's eighty-four million dollars, or sixty-four million quid!!

Of course, we don;t get three million players per day, nowhere near, so let's knock a few zeros off and call it three thousand. Sixty-four thousand pounds then. Also, not everybody wold have actually parted with any cash, and will just take advantage of free stuffs, and we have no way of calculating that figure, so let's just half it and round it down to thirty grand. Not a bad Christmas present.

3500 ARX is £2.80, by the way, again taking that 8 cents figure as gospel.

Feel free to rip my maths apart, but remember it's just a bit of fun :), and remember, you should never assume, because of what it makes out of U and me ;)

$84 million you say. I'm willing to give you a trillion zimms coins for that.

Made up currencies are great. :D

Nerd that I am, I decided to give it a go

Assuming every one of those three million players logs in every day:

View attachment 155981

Extrapolating from the current rate of increase, we could expect around 450 ARX on Christmas Day, for an accumulated total of around 3500. Could be more if the ARX per day rises more steeply but let's assume 3500 ARX is a reasonable.

Assuming the quoted value for 100 ARX as eight cents, that's eighty-four million dollars, or sixty-four million quid!!

Of course, we don;t get three million players per day, nowhere near, so let's knock a few zeros off and call it three thousand. Sixty-four thousand pounds then. Also, not everybody wold have actually parted with any cash, and will just take advantage of free stuffs, and we have no way of calculating that figure, so let's just half it and round it down to thirty grand. Not a bad Christmas present.

3500 ARX is £2.80, by the way, again taking that 8 cents figure as gospel.

Feel free to rip my maths apart, but remember it's just a bit of fun :), and remember, you should never assume, because of what it makes out of U and me ;)

Nice work. As you pointed out, obviously not every registered account will be signing in during the period and even if they did, that's not to say those players would all have bought the free Arx had it not been gifted but even so, I think anybody could agree that we're looking at non-trivial numbers for a company which is ultimately responsible to its shareholders.

It certainly illustrates pretty clearly that what might seem trivial at our end of the equation is far from trivial at FDev's end of it.

Stephen Benedetti

Community Manager

Hey @harakan,

The festive cosmetics and the limited Paint Jobs will be available until 6 January.

Hauler, Mamba and Beluga Liner (@Rick6549 😉) have all received the shiny treatment today.

Also the Asp Ex, Alli Chieftain, Sidey, Krait MKII and Cobra MKIII have all had various Festive paint jobs added along with a “Festive” filter (not to be confused with “Festive Countdown”) to check them all out.

I personally picked up the Iridescent Dawn for the Type-10, Mamba and Cobra MKIV today, really like the look of it. Oh and the Santa bobble on his little Cobra MKIII sleigh haha couldn’t resist.
Anyone with Beluga festive paints here? I'm tempted to go on a longer explo trip and decided to use the Beluga. Now the chrome, iridescent scorch and golden PJs are tempting me...

Anyone with Beluga festive paints here? I'm tempted to go on a longer explo trip and decided to use the Beluga. Now the chrome, iridescent scorch and golden PJs are tempting me...
I bought the Golden paint job for my Beluga Pyrite a couple years back, and if any ship deserves the gold treatment its gotta be the Beluga Liner!
Elite Dangerous Core

Alli Chieftain, Adder and Keelback are the newest ships to have paint jobs added.

@fdev ... since arx came up, I'm not able to buy anything... no credit card, no PayPal... before that, it was pretty easy for me under steam to buy things... but even in steam I cannot buy arx....
And, why it is nearly impossible to buy a second account... without the need to install the game twice?

I think Orca, Type 7 and Viper MK III added today in case it helps
Small correction; it’s the Dolphin, T7 and Viper MKIII today. Orca was added previously 🙂

That’s nearly every ship now!

I happened to receive an email about this one which is great. Hopefully get an email each day going forward to make it easier to see which new ones are added.

Top Bottom