General / Off-Topic FIFA World Cup

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Yet again I'm doing my best to avoid getting excited about England's prospects in the World Cup.

Every year I say I'm not going to raise my hopes....

Potentially if we get through the group stages we could face either Germany or Brazil in the quarterfinals... and that's where we'll most likely be heading home.

Sir.Tj

Volunteer Moderator
I'm still smarting from England losing to West Germany in the semi-final in 1970. Too much history to overcome.

Doesn't stop me dreaming though ;)

I'm still sulking after Waddles Pen miss

[video=youtube;YheRaZraHps]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YheRaZraHps[/video]

Probably still hasn't landed yet...

And as for Southgates miss.........

Allez les bleus !

:D

Gardiens (3) : Hugo Lloris (Tottenham/ANG), Steve Mandanda (OM), Alphonse Areola (PSG).

Défénseurs (8) : Djibril Sidibé (Monaco), Benjamin Pavard (Stuttgart/ALL), Samuel Umtiti (FC Barcelone), Raphaël Varane (Real Madrid), Presnel Kimpembe (PSG), Adil Rami (OM), Benjamin Mendy (Man. City/ANG), Lucas Hernandez (Atlético de Madrid/ESP).

Milieux (5) : Paul Pogba (Man. United/ANG), Corentin Tolisso (Bayern Munich/ALL), Blaise Matuidi (Juventus Turin/ITA), Ngolo Kanté (Chelsea/ANG), Steven Nzonzi (Séville FC/ESP)

Attaquants (7) : Antoine Griezmann (Atlético de Madrid/ESP), Olivier Giroud (Chelsea/ANG), Kylian Mbappé (PSG), Ousmane Dembélé (FC Barcelone/ESP), Florian Thauvin (OM), Nabil Fekir (Lyon), Thomas Lemar (Monaco).

:D :D ;)

Five men play to the UK :)

Last edited:

Sir.Tj

Volunteer Moderator
Lol Poor Zieman... Follow Scotland, they'll be the team to watch.

England players have taken a break from training to visit an orphanage outside Repino.
"It's just heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope," said Dimitry, age 7

I saw the picture that goes with this text, and it goes to show just how out of touch with football Iam, even more so as I now live in Sweden and dont have people at work or family talking about jumpers for goal posts. I couldnt name one of the players in the picture.

I was never really into football but in England you cant really get away from it. If it wasnt for posts like this or the odd one popping up on my FB, I wouldnt even know there was a world cup going on, and tbh I dont even know where its taking place Im guessing Russia.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;ehTsWUs7yZI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehTsWUs7yZI[/video]

It will be interesting to see how Spain go after the (shock) sacking of their coach, as they had been looking very good. And someone needs to do a spoof version of Putin 'welcome to Russia' clip; you know along the lines of "And we all know Russia will win this year, so don't upset that result or you might find my tanks on your lawn" etc. ;)

Top Bottom