COMPLETED CG Fight For Epsilon Fornacis Empire Group (Combat)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Anyone supporting the NMLA in this community goal is officially a traitor to the galaxy 😋
But seriously, I was surprised that more people didn't go for the module reward but it's good to see CMDRs wanting to stick it to those NMLA.

Surely it is up to the community who they should support, not Fdev. Why else would they be called Community Goals. If one side is clearly the bad guy, that's on Fdev for bad writing.
FDev are hardly forcing anyone to support the NMLA - there isn't a single game activity that requires the enzyme missiles they are offering. NMLA are merely offering an interesting novelty in exchange for being a bit ethically flexible. No different really than any mission giver who offers some tasty engineering goods in exchange for massacring a few civilians.

More broadly though, it's a bit odd to imagine that good and evil should always be evenly balanced. That's seldom true either in life or most stories. More commonly it's harder to do good, and more lucrative to do bad, and that's why we bother to celebrate the heroes when they prevail over the baddies.

Surely it is up to the community who they should support, not Fdev. Why else would they be called Community Goals. If one side is clearly the bad guy, that's on Fdev for bad writing.
And it still is up to the community who they support ... within the usual constraints that Frontier decide what CGs exist at all and if there even is another side. It could have been a "crush the NMLA" bounty-hunting CG with no opposing side, after all.

In story terms, the stakes are rather different for each side, as well - if (when) the NMLA lose here, they might be wiped out entirely. There's no point in them saving resources for the next fight because there might not be one, so why not bribe a few mercenaries with their spare missile launchers. Meanwhile the Empire would rather not lose but it wouldn't be fatal to them by a very long way, so they can risk being cheap and relying on their loyalists.

(There's also a fairly big difference between "bad writing" and "the community overwhelmingly picks one side". The setting is one where there are conspiracies and propaganda and people trying to hide their true intentions: taking advantage of the community's fairly obvious "defensive" tendencies should be expected by now.)

And it still is up to the community who they support ... within the usual constraints that Frontier decide what CGs exist at all and if there even is another side. It could have been a "crush the NMLA" bounty-hunting CG with no opposing side, after all.

In story terms, the stakes are rather different for each side, as well - if (when) the NMLA lose here, they might be wiped out entirely. There's no point in them saving resources for the next fight because there might not be one, so why not bribe a few mercenaries with their spare missile launchers. Meanwhile the Empire would rather not lose but it wouldn't be fatal to them by a very long way, so they can risk being cheap and relying on their loyalists.

(There's also a fairly big difference between "bad writing" and "the community overwhelmingly picks one side". The setting is one where there are conspiracies and propaganda and people trying to hide their true intentions: taking advantage of the community's fairly obvious "defensive" tendencies should be expected by now.)
I just want Denton to actually win something, because he then gets his Senator mojo back and make him more influential with the inevitable Duval face off.

Denton will drop a Majestic or two on the Sacrosanct, real close for boarding action, which promptly explodes in a caustic cloud, taking the Majestics with it and create a nice scenic PoI for taking screenshots.
Most likely followed with a message from Theta 7 "I was never really there"

OK who pinching all the cutter kills, Another run and not 1 cutter on the other side to kill...
Wing Kill missions have been vanishing as well on mission boards at the station boo...

They're back,,,
FFNjc-vWUAAiX6M

Finally, but they are too random...​

For some reason, in all three space CZs I've done for this CG, I've managed to aggro my own side and turn the whole CZ red. This even happened on the last one, where I was being super-extra-careful not to fire anywhere near green ships.

I assume it's just a combination of bad luck and incompetence, but I just wanted to check nobody's aware of any targetting bugs that FDev might have snuck in recently? I've done several combat CGs in the past, and I think I've only aggroed my own side once in over 50 CZs 🤔

For some reason, in all three space CZs I've done for this CG, I've managed to aggro my own side and turn the whole CZ red. This even happened on the last one, where I was being super-extra-careful not to fire anywhere near green ships.

I assume it's just a combination of bad luck and incompetence, but I just wanted to check nobody's aware of any targetting bugs that FDev might have snuck in recently? I've done several combat CGs in the past, and I think I've only aggroed my own side once in over 50 CZs 🤔
I've had this, I'll target a red and the second i start firing they all turn red
I've even seen npc's on the same side fighting each other

Just because they're red doesn't mean they're on the enemy side
This. Even if a target is red, it's a very good idea to let the scan resolve and show you the faction of the ship you're targeting before going hot. I think the biggest issue is bugs that cause NPCs to start fighting each other; this can cause folks on your side to become marked as hostile, but doesn't give you license to shoot them.

This. Even if a target is red, it's a very good idea to let the scan resolve and show you the faction of the ship you're targeting before going hot. I think the biggest issue is bugs that cause NPCs to start fighting each other; this can cause folks on your side to become marked as hostile, but doesn't give you license to shoot them.
Ahh, gotcha. That clears up forbiddenlake's slightly gnomic reply, but thanks to you both :)

PSA
Tier 5 is reached at 80 billion so this would have been end day... Now the last climb remains up to 160 billion...
Inara guessing that will still take over 2 days but that does not take into account post sunday player drop...

I m trying to do combat zones with a Corvette for this CG and as soon as i launch the fighter (elite pilot) the whole combat zone turns hostile! Anyone else had that happen? When playing without launching the fighter no problems..!

PSA
Tier 5 is reached at 80 billion so this would have been end day... Now the last climb remains up to 160 billion...
Inara guessing that will still take over 2 days but that does not take into account post sunday player drop...
It took 2 weekdays (with only half of Thursday) and Saturday to reach the 80 billion mark. So Sunday and two more weekdays should see it complete by Tuesday.

I m trying to do combat zones with a Corvette for this CG and as soon as i launch the fighter (elite pilot) the whole combat zone turns hostile! Anyone else had that happen? When playing without launching the fighter no problems..!
Ai is crap they will shoot there own side to get a kill, they will not hold fire if friendly fire would be the result they will still shoot any way trying to get a kill... If theres an allied ship behind the target and they spay fire and miss the target but hit allied, they don't care..
Sustained damage to your own side ships results in termination of your alliance in the zone and you are declared hostile...

Spray weapons like pulse lasers, multi cannons, and frags can do the same when in human use, if every shot does not hit the target it can hit an allied ship...

Last edited:
I use an SLF with elite pilot, and prior to this CG I haven't had any problems with aggroing my own side. The SLF is using beams, which certainly minimises the risk of friendly fire.

I think my issues with painting the town red were down to allied ships being shown as hostile, as suggested earlier in this thread. I tried again, making sure to wait for positive ID on the target's faction, and even holding fire when other red targets were crossing my line of fire, and managed to complete a CZ without upsetting anyone except the NMLA :)

I've just been to the High Intensity CZ and was repeatedly affected by what seems to be very similar to a Thargoid Shutdown Field. I managed to escape but something very odd is happening, I don't recall there being any such weapons being available to pilots - human or NPC.

Edit: I have just been informed that dropping Thargoid sensors and honking the discovery scanner creates this effect. Very clever - I assume this is the work of a human player. Looks like I will be a sad git for a bit and stick to Solo.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom