COMPLETED CG Fight for the Epsilon Fornacis Empire Group against the Neo-Marlinists (Combat)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
So I'm already top 10% (was only going for top 75% but whatever) for the Empire and tried to switch sides, but unfortunately I'm at 'hostile' status with the NMLA. Anyone have ideas on how I can change rep with them? I completed a CZ with them and all it did was lower my rep with the Empire side. They are also only present at one location, which is entirely hostile to me atm.

the high pay x4-x10 the displayed

I thought the combat bonus is 4x? where the x10 part comes from

but unfortunately I'm at 'hostile' status with the NMLA

Well, now you know that it is better to avoid to actually finish a CZ.
Wake out of it before it finishes, turn 180 and get back in.
Rinse and repeat - you only need to get combat bonds for the CG, you dont need reputation increase/decrease

I thought the combat bonus is 4x? where the x10 part comes from

Well, now you know that it is better to avoid to actually finish a CZ.
Wake out of it before it finishes, turn 180 and get back in.
Rinse and repeat - you only need to get combat bonds for the CG, you dont need reputation increase/decrease
Sure I can do that but I can't even get close to their megaship to turn them in as they immediately open up on me (because I'm hostile)...

edit- I have done a couple of CZs now and it seems my rep slowly increases with them, but unfortunately at the cost of a major hit to rep for the Empire.

edit 2 - seems that they are present and have available missions at Payne-Scott station. Strange maybe I misread INARA?

Last edited:
If they are in system they will have missions available at all stations as have a presence there, donation missions easiest way but low rep increase usually but all adds up. They might have a presence in another system as well and you can do missions there as well. Can sort BBS by Rep to see at a glance which is best for ease. If they are in control somewhere can BH at NB or Res Sites, if not KWS may add bounties for them, if they own installations may get the defend the installation missions against their enemies, if local Anarchy space will need KWS.

Yes you gain rep with side fighting for and lose rep with faction fighting against, this is normal, it will take time is all.

Megaship doesnt have missions anyway I dont think, just the station and any ground bases. BBS board on Megaship just has the factions with zero mission available last time I checked.

Ironically your best hope is if the NMLA accidentally blow up a station they are in and can do multiple passenger runs, lets hope they set the timers wrong on the next load :) This wont happen so is a no go, just funny if it did. (maybe thats what happened at Lave Station)

It is a balancing act if finish the CZ, can swop every couple and it will balance out or run missions in between to keep neutral at Megaship to hand in CBs.

< 20 billion to tier 2... woot...

Current Progress:
Global Progress: 101,611,048,951 credits earned (Target: 300B Cr)
Contributors: 9,759
Reward Tier: 1/5
Global Reward: None listed

So I'm already top 10% (was only going for top 75% but whatever) for the Empire and tried to switch sides, but unfortunately I'm at 'hostile' status with the NMLA. Anyone have ideas on how I can change rep with them? I completed a CZ with them and all it did was lower my rep with the Empire side. They are also only present at one location, which is entirely hostile to me atm.

Keep fighting for the NMLA until you get back to at least Neutral. Do this trick to avoid getting rep hits on the opposing faction. Then you can pick up missions from them at Payne-Scott City (yeah, the megaship from the Empire instead of their own megaship, cause screw logic).

Most are massacre missions to kill Empire ships, so ignore those, but there are a few courier jobs, strategic data transfers, data terminal hacks and small cargo missions that give good reputation (4+). It's what I did to balance out reps with both factions to avoid getting hostile with either one.

Hope this helps. o7

Sure I can do that but I can't even get close to their megaship to turn them in as they immediately open up on me (because I'm hostile)...

edit- I have done a couple of CZs now and it seems my rep slowly increases with them, but unfortunately at the cost of a major hit to rep for the Empire.

edit 2 - seems that they are present and have available missions at Payne-Scott station. Strange maybe I misread INARA?
I did the opposite, first the NMLA and then the Empire. So this is what I did.

1) I went to Wachman Installation which is controlled by Tenchu Independents so I wasn't attacked.
2) I took a couple of courier missions for Epsilon Fornais and went for the bigger reputation reward
3) This was not enough to move me out of the hostile zone (because of my reputation all rewards were very low), so I did a massacre mission (just 2 million for 24 NMLA ships destroyed).
4) Finishing that mission moved me out of the "Hostile" zone so I was able to visit Payne-Scott city. I gave my combat bonds there.

And that was, I hope this will help.

Tier 2

Current Progress:
Global Progress: 122,371,466,582 credits earned (Target: 300B Cr)
Contributors: 10,796
Reward Tier: 2/5
Global Reward: None listed

We should not be getting complacent. If the NMLA groups don't think they can take the Empire aligned groups in a fair fight they might get creative. It is possible some pro-NMLA groups are holding their bonds until just before the cg ends.

Tier 2 on Tuesday? Does FD have a new policy of letting CGs fail in principle?
I mean, letting one end on Saturday is not good either, but this here is a bit ... ridiculous, considering that we even had a free Monday in many countries and still didn't manage to reach a better tier. And it doesn't seem that the other CG has "stolen" too many contributors from this one ...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom