COMPLETED CG Fight for the Federation with the LTT 1935 Confederacy (Combat)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I'm joining the CG late. The rank promotion offered as prize is towards our combat rank (Harmless, ..., Deadly, Elite) or our Federal Navy rank (... Rear-Adm, Vice-Adm, Admiral)?
Thanks!!

Well, it's been a good CG. Off to re-park on ShinDez, until next time.

Contributed with only 9,9 mil cr, but did enjoy this thread. Congrats to those who will take step(s) up in Fed rank!
On tech side, Corvette's 7A Prismatics with two pips in (G5 thermal, supported by a bunch of various boosters) proved to be more than enough for duration of any CZ battle. Most ships went down with only 2x huge beams, while the rest of MCs provided that finishing touch when needed.
Cheers to my NPC Elite copilot, who did great teamwork.

I wouldn't call a CG which final result is this lopsided a 'good CG'. On the contrary, I would say that it clearly shows that something is seriously flawed within the current system, at least when you consider that CGs are meant to be competitive and fun for all involved until the very end. This one, as usual, was basically decided after just a few hours, turning it into a chore for those fighting for the Empire trying to keep the difference in contributions as low as humanly possible. :cautious:

I wouldn't call a CG which final result is this lopsided a 'good CG'. On the contrary, I would say that it clearly shows that something is seriously flawed within the current system, at least when you consider that CGs are meant to be competitive and fun for all involved until the very end. This one, as usual, was basically decided after just a few hours, turning it into a chore for those fighting for the Empire trying to keep the difference in contributions as low as humanly possible. :cautious:
You're absolutely right about the bias, but I was referring to good as I had good fights (no matter who I fight for) and good chats.
Next time we might be in opposite roles and then you'll be happy with some cool module, while I'll be left with nothing after CG.
Hope it will again be good because of good people here.
o7

You're absolutely right about the bias, but I was referring to good as I had good fights (no matter who I fight for) and good chats.
Next time we might be in opposite roles and then you'll be happy with some cool module, while I'll be left with nothing after CG.
Hope it will again be good because of good people here.
o7
Yeah, at least on that I can agree... haven't seen a system chat this active with RP in ages. Now, if FDevs would find a way to make this actually competitive again I might call it a good CG as a total package ;)

Oh come on....

One side has double the amount of participants and on average each of them contributes twice as much the the other side and when they win, the system is "seriously flawed"? If the CG's outcome would come down to a coin flip even under those circumstances, that would hardly be more fair. Where does it say it has to be undecided until the last second?

Oh come on....

One side has double the amount of participants and on average each of them contributes twice as much the the other side and when they win, the system is "seriously flawed"? If the CG's outcome would come down to a coin flip even under those circumstances, that would hardly be more fair. Where does it say it has to be undecided until the last second?
Because players who are always on the losing end of CGs will eventually don't give a damn anymore with future CGs, resulting in near zero participation on the Imperial side. And then you can stop doing CGs entirely as it makes them pointless.

You are keep spreading misconception. Community Goals are to determine what ideas the community support. And clearly the Empire ( or should I say the Imperial witch hunt) have fewer supporters than anti-Empire coalition. A competitive game is where individual or small group performance is measured and rewarded based on skill in equal environment - some games call this ranked battles. In E: D such environment wold be something of the CQC type of a game with constrains of used ships.

And lets see the average bonds per player:
Fed: 5,990,960 mil per commander
Imp: 3,584,433 mil per commander

It is clear which supporters work harder.

So, my advice is to try and find more Imperial support instead of whining how Imps are outnumbered because no one wants to play with them.
...And perhaps spend more time in CZ instead in the forums. ;)

You are keep spreading misconception. Community Goals are to determine what ideas the community support. And clearly the Empire ( or should I say the Imperial witch hunt) have fewer supporters than anti-Empire coalition. A competitive game is where individual or small group performance is measured and rewarded based on skill in equal environment - some games call this ranked battles. In E: D such environment wold be something of the CQC type of a game with constrains of used ships.

And lets see the average bonds per player:
Fed: 5,990,960 mil per commander
Imp: 3,584,433 mil per commander

It is clear which supporters work harder.

So, my advice is to try and find more Imperial support instead of whining how Imps are outnumbered because no one wants to play with them.
...And perhaps spend more time in CZ instead in the forums. ;)
I would argue that Imperial players contributed less per commander because of the CG being lobsided. Most of them propably only played for a day or two, saw the futility of their efforts and then stopped, maybe only putting in some additional effort for their ranking inside these contributions.

Like I said, players who end up losing all the time ultimately stop caring at all.

I would argue that Imperial players contributed less per commander because of the CG being lobsided. Most of them propably only played for a day or two, saw the futility of their efforts and then stopped, maybe only putting in some additional effort for their ranking inside these contributions.

Like I said, players who end up losing all the time ultimately stop caring at all.
This is precisely why you can't call a community goal competition. If you can't equal the numbers competition cannot occur. Even if you change the requirement to decide outcome based on the side's individual performance vs the total performance it will still be flawed - 1 player who made 10mil will beat 9k that made 6mil average each.

That is why I said you spread misconception - the community goal is to decide if the community support the idea that the imperial witch hunt justify seizing a Federation system. It is not if the Empire win or loose.

And for switching sides... I already gave my opinion several time - players should not be allowed to pick both sides or switch. The choice should be limited in time and final.

This is precisely why you can't call a community goal competition. If you can't equal the numbers competition cannot occur. Even if you change the requirement to decide outcome based on the side's individual performance vs the total performance it will still be flawed - 1 player who made 10mil will beat 9k that made 6mil average each.

That is why I said you spread misconception - the community goal is to decide if the community support the idea that the imperial witch hunt justify seizing a Federation system. It is not if the Empire win or loose.

And for switching sides... I already gave my opinion several time - players should not be allowed to pick both sides or switch. The choice should be limited in time and final.

Of course it may also be that the community prefer one reward to the other rather than a RP or ethical choice. It is in all probability a huge variation of motivators.

I do agree that for a CG where there are opposing forces you should only be able to select one, not both or switch.

Not in the mood for the distractions of open right now, but would like to wing with other commanders in PG, Mobius etc for the remainder of this CG. Anyone interested?

Yeah, most people are “flawed” by not wanting to support an invading dictatorial slaveholding government.

Yeah, most people are “flawed” by not wanting to support an invading dictatorial slaveholding government.
An invading dictatorial government... sounds quite like the Federation. At least when you consider that when the Republic of Achenar decided to be independent from the Federation the latter decided to send out an expeditionary force with orders to "convince" them to stay.

I agree that most of the people who pay attention and are not lied to do, however people who are indoctrinated from youth in an evil atmosphere most often do not think it evil at all. You can find any number of examples in real life today! In fact, pick them out of todays news. Nuf said.

sigh Guys, seriously... read up on Elite's lore...

Galnet said:
The Birth of an Empire

12 JUL 3301

The Birth of an Empire

Continuing GalNet’s series about the defining moments in human history, famed historian Sima Kalhana talks about how the Empire came to be.

-

The Empire has become such a dominant presence in human culture that it is easy to forget that for almost a century the heart of what was to become the Empire was just a single system. The Achenar system was first colonised in the middle of the 23rd century. It was founded by an expedition led by Marlin Duval, a wealthy woman who had grown disillusioned by the ever increasing rigidity of the Earth governments and stifling social conformity.

Marlin Duval vowed to get as far from Earth as she could, and after a long and treacherous journey across what was then unexplored space, most of the convoy eventually reached the Achenar system.

The system of Achenar was chosen for the outdoor world orbiting one of its gas giants, already capable of supporting human life, now known as Capitol. There was already life on the planet and though Duval didn’t know it at the time, one of the few known sentient species watched their landings.

Back then, life was known to be plentiful throughout the galaxy, though it wasn’t appreciated how rare sentient life was. Before long the species was made extinct by the settlers, mainly through imported bateria. Much later, this extinction would later be used as a pretext for Federal intervention in the system.

Under Marlin Duval the population lived under idealistic democratic rule with elected Senators representing the people. This changed dramatically after she died in a speeder crash. Her brother, Henson Duval, then assumed control and established the now familiar line of imperial succession. Some claim that he killed his sister to claim power, but this was never proved.

For many years succession was restricted to the male line, and it was claimed various means were used to restrict royal births to only male children. This practice was later abandoned, and recent events at the heart of the Empire indicate that male succession may soon be broken.

In 2324 Federal forces attempted to invade Achenar, with the pretext of causing the alien extinction, but also because of Achenar’s refusal to join the Federation. It was the conclusion of this war which resulted in the birth of the second of humanity’s great power blocs, and cemented Henson’s position as a powerful leader of his people.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom