COMPLETED CG Fight for the Neo-Marlinist Order of Mudhrid against the Empire (Combat)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
Summary
System: Mudhrid
Station: Steel Majesty (Megaship, large pads available, 864 Ls from main star, 107.65 Ly from Sol)
Objective: Hand in Combat Bonds after fighting for Neo-Marlinist Order of Mudhrid in Conflict Zones
Time limit: 8th April 3307 @ 06:00 UTC

Description
Conflict has erupted between the Epsilon Fornacis Empire Group and the Neo-Marlinist Order of Mudhrid.
An investigation by ACT in the Mudhrid system confirmed that the Order of Mudhrid provided logistical support for the NMLA’s starport attacks. Their agents infiltrated other local factions to transport enzyme bombs to their targets.
The faction has now renamed itself the Neo-Marlinist Order of Mudhrid. Landgrave Arastin Delacroix, its leader, has declared a revolution against the Imperial Family. From his flagship, the Steel Majesty, he announced:
The corrupt Duvals will never give up their power, so we must take it from them. All those who seek to change the established order – join us!
The Epsilon Fornacis Empire Group responded by engaging their forces in battle. Senator Denton Patreus has ordered them to “take revenge for the ‘Nine Martyrs’ atrocities.”
Landgrave Delacroix has stated that all pilots willing to support the revolution by handing in Combat Bonds at the Steel Majesty in the Mudhrid system will be rewarded.
If Tier 1 is reached, the top 10% of participants will receive a uniquely augmented class 2 rating B increased caustic damage and capacity enzyme missile rack.
Should the Neo-Marlinist Order of Mudhrid be victorious the top 75% of participants will receive the module.
The module will be placed in storage at the Steel Majesty in the Mudhrid system by Friday the 9th of April 3307.
The two factions have set out seven-day campaigns, which will end early on Thursday the 8th of April 3307. If the final target is met earlier than planned, the initiatives will end immediately.
To be eligible for rewards, you must sign up as an active participant before handing in Combat Bonds at the Steel Majesty in the Mudhrid system.
Please note that if you have any crew members, a proportion of your combat bonds will be automatically assigned to them. These combat bonds will not count towards your personal contribution total, and your crew will receive the reward for these combat bonds when they are handed in. The proportion of combat bonds assigned to your crew will depend on their rank.
Be aware that faction-state changes and other disruptive events can negatively impact markets and station services, and could prevent the initiative from running smoothly.
Notes:
  • Steel Majesty is in orbit around planet 1 A
  • Megaship services: Commodities Market, Outfitting, Repair, Restock, Refuel
  • Nearest Shipyards:
    • Payne-Scott City in system (5,612Ls)
    • Pimi Ring in LTT 1582 (1,007Ls, 8.41Ly)
    • Joseph Delambre Vision & Gaester City in Mandh (16Ls & 199Ls, 9.61Ly)
  • Tiers look to be set at 60B Cr intervals
Latest status
Last updated: 8 April 06:00 UTC - Finished.
Current Progress:
Current Participation Rewards:
Global Progress: 28,676,385,707 credits earned (Target: 300B Cr)
Contributors: 2,474
Reward Tier: 0/5
Reward: No rewards, Tier 1 not met.
Top 10 CMDRs: ?? CR
Top 10%: ?? CR
Top 25%: ?? CR
Top 50%: ?? CR
Top 75%: ?? CR
Top 100%: ?? CR

CG threshold tracking
Inara (https://inara.cz/galaxy-communitygoals/) tracks overall progress, your contributions and estimates tier boundaries.
Journal data (used to track progress) can be submitted via various third party tools or by direct journal imports on Inara. For more details see https://inara.cz/inara-api/.

New &/or have questions about the Community Goals? Check out the Community Goal Guide ... click here

Last edited by a moderator:
hoooo mai!
not only is it a caustic missile rack its an engineered one! I want 2!
Sorry empire... I know I am supporting murderers but I like caustic weapons

mea! mankind is overrated and commonly found...
engineered enzyme missile racks? now that is more rare and worth fighting for!
Point is ...there is no point to war at all. If you collect all that money from weapons sold and build a ship, you could launch it to Andromeda Galaxy and spread humans there, not saying 0.04% of our Galaxy is visited. And they start kills? Nah ... must be dead & forgotten with such ideas.

hoooo mai!
not only is it a caustic missile rack its an engineered one! I want 2!
Sorry empire... I know I am supporting murderers but I like caustic weapons
oh so it might actually be what enzyme missiles needed to be in order to be worth using in the first place? Considering they do next to no regular damage, the caustic is only useful against unshielded opponents, and it doesn't stack so there's no point in hitting a target with more than one of them which makes the ammo supply last a pretty long time already?

I mean, it's worth having over a regular rack but I'm still not convinced it's worth having over literally any other weapon

(if it applied the caustic effect through shields I'd be all over it, mind)

Point is ...there is no point to war at all. If you collect all that money from weapons sold and build a ship, you could launch it to Andromeda Galaxy and spread humans there, not saying 0.04% of our Galaxy is visited. And they start kills? Nah ... must be dead & forgotten with such ideas.
no?
the point in this war is very much a unique item called an enzyme rack that is engineered.

oh so it might actually be what enzyme missiles needed to be in order to be worth using in the first place? Considering they do next to no regular damage, the caustic is only useful against unshielded opponents, and it doesn't stack so there's no point in hitting a target with more than one of them which makes the ammo supply last a pretty long time already?

I mean, it's worth having over a regular rack but I'm still not convinced it's worth having over literally any other weapon

(if it applied the caustic effect through shields I'd be all over it, mind)
even though I like the enzyme missile rack I have to agree with you :/
but who knows. as long as I am in the top 10% and we reach rank 1 is all I care.

Arnt caustic missile useless?
They do 1.5 damage for 60s. So 95 damage every min.. even if they do ''increased caustic damage'' it would need to be 10x more for them to be actualy good for any thing. What am i missing here? Why would anyone want this trash?

Kinda skews the CG towards the empire too considering they are offering a meta weapon that has a usefull combo of effects. Long range cascade is ubiquitous, and extened mag is eliminating the small ammo making them EVEN better and totaly worth getting in comparison to this missle rack no uses unless the caustic damage buff is REALY significant. But we wont know untill the CG ends and the empire would have won by then any way lol

Weighted in favour of the Imps again. All gankers, griefers and PVP obviously want the Railgun to give a gank advantage. Even I want it for PVE.

And as this one is actually against the NMLA and not against the innocent and peaceful Marlinists, who have disowned The Order (NMLA) as terrorists once again its a no-brainer whos's gonna win.

Hmm ...to get these combat bonds ,we need to enter the weapons fire event/ares in the Mudhrid system? (have never done those before since I'm normally a trader).. Going to see if I can survive in a T10 (it's ..similar to the T9 I've flown for a very long time) ... How do I know what ships to shoot?

*NEVERMIND I found the low intensity conflict zones

Last edited:
If Tier 1 is reached, the top 10% of participants will receive a uniquely augmented class 2 rating B increased caustic damage and capacity enzyme missile rack. Should the Neo-Marlinist Order of Mudhrid be victorious the top 75% of participants will receive the module.
Most intriguing... So does that mean that Engineering for Tech Broker weapons is on the horizon?

NMLA are not attacking general population, they target high ranking persons visiting x stations. They killed admirals and corrupt politicians who are literal slavers in one form or another. NMLA had to strike when targets were most vulnerable, that happens to be stations - with are flying metal bunkers, for game play reasons. Do you believe Federal vice-president is casually surrounded by 10.000 innocent civilians?

Moreover, the Elite universe is a dystopia. Every piece of world lore in game is about oppressing and conspiring against interests of common folk of the galaxy.
Did you forget Dav's Hope, where corporation killed mining colony just so they don't have to pay for relocation and wages. This is just an example of every day life in Elite universe.
What about plague-worlds? Planet with dissent population that was quarantined and now military conducts bio experiments on population.
What about onion-head? What about brainwashing entire populations? Alliance/Empire/Federation caused genocide of indigenous lifeforms and aliens?
You forgot about the Club and INRA?

NMLA message was: We did strike powerful people, we showed you these dictators are vulnerable. Rise up against the machine. Free yourself from the chains.

I wil simply fight for both sides - independently from political and historical and humanistic opinions - because this story will go further independently
from our efforts and decisions. It's not important how many ships we will destroy, from which faction. Fdev will decide what's next, or they already
have done it. We are just manipulated soldiers.

I will fight for the NMLA but only because it is one of those few opportunities that we have to screw the Empire, and ironically enough, I just advanced my Imperial rank by working with them. But from a "role play POV" it is hard to sympathize with them, they bombed the three powers killing hundredths of thousands, even to both the Feds and the Alliance that provided asistence for Marlinist refugees and in the most iconic systems and loved systems (Sol). From a "real-life POV" it would be harder as many countries have suffered real-life terrorist attacks. And the module is not something spectacular and well below the railgun.

There are so few commanders with the NMLA that I already got into the top 10, but I have my doubts that we will even reach tier 1 to get the missile rack. I guess this is one of those times that the option to fight with them was enabled just to give a choice placebo, but the story is already written just as MVBanks said.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom