ARTEMIS DUKE
ODDPOTATO
PSYKOKOW
EID LEWEISE
ASTACED
DUKIE
EYEZ

Edit...

Wed at 19:00 Galactic Mean Time (7pm GMT) is the usual time the club meets, so we'll all meet up on Wednesday at the Old Worlds(see our latest posts for our current location), for a bit of fun, but be aware that there might be a bit of death involved so make sure you collect all your cartographic data and bounties before you join in.

This is for PC only I'm afraid. If you turn up in the XBox universe and you're the only one there... you might have to beat yourself up.

Also remember to set your "Report crimes against me" to "off"
Winging up is also a good way to ensure no crimes are committed.

The Private Group is the A-R-C so you need to sent a friend request to Commander A-R-C and ask by a posting on this thread to gain entry to that group.

Voice channel is called ARC
https://discord.gg/zQKa4NX
We're using Discord as it's web-based so it doesn't involve any installation
If you don't have a mic, or prefer typing that's fine. But we do need you to listen; ideally through discord, or through the game's comms. It makes coordinating things a lot easier.

I had a lot of fun fighting in the Beta. It was great to just fight without thinking about the consequences of death (which I did a lot), but I don't see why this shouldn't be possible in the main game when stock Sidewinders are passed out free. I'd like to establish a fighting club that takes advantage of this.

This is a club whose primary goal is to allow the newcomers of the game to gain confidence in fighting, but it welcomes all skill levels, all factions, and all professions. There is no commitment required, but if you don't attend for several weeks you may find that your name has been removed from the ladder.

The rules of Fighter Club:-

(1) No reference shall be made to the movie "Fight Club" as it's a crass and obvious joke to make, although I can heartily recommend the movie. Talk about Fighter Club as much as you want

(2) There will be a list of commanders that is in order of wins

(3) To join the list you must challenge a commander to a duel. If you beat them you go above them on the list, otherwise you join at the bottom.

(4) Anyone can challenge anyone above them on the list, apart from anyone they have just played

(5) If the challenged commander does not accept the duel within three weeks his name is removed from the list

(6) The fight is won either by one contestant yelling surrender, or by the destruction of their ship

(7) The time and place to meet up is Wed 18:00 Galactic Mean Time (7pm BST) at in the A-R-C Group (see our latest posts for our current location) in the PC universe, but duels for the ladder can take place any time or place or universe the duellists agree.

(8) The duals are in stock Sidewinders by default, but can take place in any ships or choice of weapons agreed by both parties

(9) The adjudicators and keepers of the list are members of the Alliance Rapid-Reaction Corps, for the small number just now I, Frank, will look after the list They do not need to be present at every duel but the loser of the duel must be the one to private message an adjudicator to alter the list accordingly.

The default method of duelling..

stand roughly back to back with your opponent selected to ensure they are pointing the right way

somebody counts down three.. two.. one.. fight!
fighting continues until someone yells "surrender" or blows up

Last edited:
Here's a quick reminder about Fighter Club

Wed 2nd Nov will be the first outing of this club, so bring your Stock Sidewinder to Cleve Hub that Wednesday 7:00 for a bit of fun, but be aware that there might be a bit of death involved so make sure you collect all your cartographic data and bounties before you join in.

Also remember to set your "Report crimes against me" to "off"

I like the idea! Is there a plan to randomly test a percentage of duellists to ensure their steeds are in fact, stock?

We will sort out the rules between us. I don't want to complicate things by having them too officious.

The rule is that the two duellist agree to choice of weapons, and time and place. They can scan each other to check for the agreed load out. The loser of the duel PMs me to make the change to the ladder. If there's any disagreement then either me or Dayrth will referee a re-match. The default choice of weapons is stock Sidewinders, and the default time and place is Cleve Hub at Wednesday 7:00.

To get your name on the list you must first meet either me, Frank, or Dayrth just to confirm any PMs I receive about the results of a duel are from the correct people.

It will be hard to avoid us at the moment. The Fighter Club Ladder is currently:-

DAYRTH
FRANK

If you want to get to the heady heights of the top of the ladder then you should challenge Dayrth. If you don't mind starting somewhere in the middle of the ladder, then I'm sure a feeble old miner shouldn't be too hard to beat.

We'll keep the challenges as posts on this thread at the moment.

I suck at PvP, I am happy to start at the bottom :D

You get to punch an old man in the face then. We do have to determine the suckiest. Does the default sound okay to you..
stock Sidewinders, Cleve Hub on Wednesday 7:00? If you want to meet up earlier than that, I'm usually over at the Old Worlds.. Lave, Leesti, Zaonce. Friend me in the game. my commander name is Frank.

Please everyone, feel free to challenge Dayrth. I'd hate for him to miss all the fun.

Last edited:
Quick Question, if it is a community event what's to stop some noobwit turning up with a wing of Corvettes to wipe out all the Sidewinders?

A wing of four Sideys can make the life a living hell for a Corvette. Ten or fifteen Sideys? Well, I'd pay to see that.

Remind me.I know i've seen it somewhere,but can't remember where.Or do i need to reset?

Functions. Right hand panel.

Last edited:
Quick Question, if it is a community event what's to stop some noobwit turning up with a wing of Corvettes to wipe out all the Sidewinders?

A wing of four Sideys can make the life a living hell for a Corvette. Ten or fifteen Sideys? Well, I'd pay to see that.

Although the default time and place is Cleve Hub Wednesday evening, the duels could take place any time or place. There may never be that many people there at that time. Of course it is a fighting club and we are in very cheap or free stock Sidewinders so if any troublemakers turn up in an inappropriate ship then why not have a go at them? You may not last long against them, but you might learn something about avoiding fire and working in a wing.

I've had a go at fighting an Anaconda in a wing of three stock Sidewinders before. It did not end well for us. The problem is that the free lasers that come fitted as standard don't really do a lot of damage.

We'll meet up in the station itself. If things outside the station are too.. chaotic.. we can move the duels into private groups.

Remind me.I know i've seen it somewhere,but can't remember where.Or do i need to reset?

It's in your right hand panel and its on the functions tab near the orbit lines control.

"You get to punch an old man in the face then. We do have to determine the suckiest. Does the default sound okay to you..
stock Sidewinders, Cleve Hub on Wednesday 7:00? If you want to meet up earlier than that, I'm usually over at the Old Worlds.. Lave, Leesti, Zaonce. Friend me in the game. my commander name is Frank."

I am happy to do the stock sidey as challenged, but I am away from my cockpit all next week, do you fancy the following Wednesday Frank? What Time zone are you in mate?

My group has done fight nights in the past, so I will highlight this to the team and see if a few others want to come join in.

Last edited:
Cmdr Frank, this is excellent!

Wednesdays in November are a challenge for me, but I will be a regular visitor from December onwards!

Very much looking forward to finding my place on the ladder and hopefully getting into some of the duels to record them!

o7

It's in your right hand panel and its on the functions tab near the orbit lines control.

"You get to punch an old man in the face then. We do have to determine the suckiest. Does the default sound okay to you..
stock Sidewinders, Cleve Hub on Wednesday 7:00? If you want to meet up earlier than that, I'm usually over at the Old Worlds.. Lave, Leesti, Zaonce. Friend me in the game. my commander name is Frank."

I am happy to do the stock sidey as challenged, but I am away from my cockpit all next week, do you fancy the following Wednesday Frank? What Time zone are you in mate?

My group has done fight nights in the past, so I will highlight this to the team and see if a few others want to come join in.

That's excellent news. Once you've established a position on the ladder there's no real reason for any of the adjudicators to be present. The loser of a duel is unlikely to lie about his defeat, and if they wanted to lie like this then there's nothing to stop them throwing a fight when the adjudicators are watching anyway. You can carry out your duel whilst I'm happily sleeping.

I live up in Scotland, so I'm on GMT at the moment. Any weekday between 6:00 to 11:00 GMT is fine for me if a different time is more suitable to you... Otherwise I'll see you Wed 16th Nov at 7:00 GMT

Cmdr Frank, this is excellent!

Wednesdays in November are a challenge for me, but I will be a regular visitor from December onwards!

Very much looking forward to finding my place on the ladder and hopefully getting into some of the duels to record them!

o7

November will be over in a flash. I'll leave Wednesday as the default day, but you can still join the ladder by asking for a Duel between all the people who are currently on the ladder (me and Dayrth) for a time outside the default.

If there's enough dissent on this thread about Wednesday, I'll set up a polling thread about which day of the week Fighter Club should be held.

Last edited:
That is fortuitous, I am GMT as well Frank. Now when we say stock, we do mean exactly as they come off the line, fixed weps and the like don't we? :D looking forward to it for the giggle at getting my butt handed to me :D

Yep! Stock Sidewinder just the way the Good Lord Braben passes it to you. You can change to livery if you want but nothing else.

Sweet, see you there buddy ;) Don't be alarmed if you are sitting outside Cleve Hub and I appear in my Warvette.

Think I might have to copyright "Warvette"!

Last edited:
Don't forget about Fighter Club tomorrow bring yer stock Sidewinders to Cleve Hub on Wednesday 7:00 and challenge anyone on the ladder

The Fighter Club Ladder is currently:-

DAYRTH
FRANK

Just checking that is Seven AM. As if it is there is a chance I can make after all!

Sorry 19:00 hrs - 7pm GMT. I'll make it clear on the OP.

On saying that, there is no need to be at that certain time and place for a duel. It can take place anytime and anyplace the duelists agree. I'm happy to meet up anywhere in the bubble between 6pm and 11pm any weekday.

Last edited:
Oddpotato, I think we might have had some sort of internets problem. You disappeared from Cleave Hub and I couldn't message you.

If you still fancy getting onto the list then just comms me if you see that I'm flying.

After another week of Fighter Club, the list is very much the same...

DAYRTH
FRANK

Top Bottom