PvP Filthy Tricks

It is a Friday afternoon, I've tons of work to do and I'm bored.
So I'd like to know what are some of the dirtiest PvP tactics you've seen?

To be clear: These are legal tactics - I'm looking for that moment where a standard straight up fight when to OH [redacted]! because of an unexpected use of equipment or a quirky tactic.

I occasionally go to a CG in "cargo" ship like an Anaconda or T10, with nothing but bio-waste and Torpedoes loaded. I wait to be interdicted, then unload on them. I don't really care about restock or rebuy costs; I'm just there to troll pirates and waste their time while actual truckers are running goods.

I occasionally go to a CG in "cargo" ship like an Anaconda or T10, with nothing but bio-waste and Torpedoes loaded. I wait to be interdicted, then unload on them. I don't really care about restock or rebuy costs; I'm just there to troll pirates and waste their time while actual truckers are running goods.
I don't know much about the game (still new), can you tell me why bio-waste would be particularly insulting?
I could actually see myself doing this for fun.

I don't know much about the game (still new), can you tell me why bio-waste would be particularly insulting?
I could actually see myself doing this for fun.
In a CG(Community Goal), pilots are delivering a specific item such as gold, as part of the community mission. Pirates interdict and demand some of the cargo, so they can turn it in for rewards. I carry bio-waste, a.k.a. poop, instead. When they demand my cargo, I give it to them. Then, I start launching the torpedoes to destroy the pirate.

In a CG(Community Goal), pilots are delivering a specific item such as gold, as part of the community mission. Pirates interdict and demand some of the cargo, so they can turn it in for rewards. I carry bio-waste, a.k.a. poop, instead. When they demand my cargo, I give it to them. Then, I start launching the torpedoes to destroy the pirate.
So when they scan your ship they can see you have cargo but don't know what you're hauling?

Ahhh, you assume the average PVP pirate has a manifest scanner. In my experience, they don't...Plus, they can't scan you until after they interdict you.
I didn't even know there was a manifest scanner.
(I'm surprised at how many factors there are in this game)

This is very, very funny to me.
I'll be adding this to the list of fun things to do.

That only works on really inexperienced pirates, who don’t check subtargeting. Anyone who knows what they are doing will not get hit by a slow moving torpedo fired from a slow moving ship known to carry those things.

Now you would indeed be ‘taking up’ time by being bait with bad cargo, but honestly piracy in Elite isn’t about the income anyway*. The CG pay for pirates was nerfed to the ground with the changes to commodity market lockout and black markets not accepting surrendered goods. They will just blow you up and count that as a fun win anyway, killing ‘defense ships’ in a combat-handicapped pirate build is its own reward.

*Except pirating Core miners, that actually does have worthwhile pay.

It is a Friday afternoon, I've tons of work to do and I'm bored.
So I'd like to know what are some of the dirtiest PvP tactics you've seen?

To be clear: These are legal tactics - I'm looking for that moment where a standard straight up fight when to OH [redacted]! because of an unexpected use of equipment or a quirky tactic.

Calling the cops.

Honestly, I expect hard counters to my builds to appear if I stick around an area long enough, so those aren't much of a surprise.

In the FDL? Someone's dragging out a phasing build.
In the FAS? Missile spam inbound (if it isn't already present)

I also keep tabs on all the builds present in the area so I know what I may be up against, or if I just wanna see what someone's up to.

Ramming. Ramming is the only thing that sometimes catches me off guard, especially the 'ghost' variety. Instances where you appear to be far enough away, but get hit anyway. Occasional Lag/framerate issues don't help.

Ramming. Ramming is the only thing that sometimes catches me off guard, especially the 'ghost' variety. Instances where you appear to be far enough away, but get hit anyway. Occasional Lag/framerate issues don't help.
I did ram a ship as my shields were at 100% and his were down completely.
Firing right into the belly and blam.
I dunno if that is good to do or not.

I did ram a ship as my shields were at 100% and his were down completely.
Firing right into the belly and blam.
I dunno if that is good to do or not.

You know what they say! "A good plan violently executed right now is better than a perfect plan next week."

Good way to blast Anacondas (NPC or other wise). Shields drop, ram them right on the spine, drop plasma straight into the power plant.

Top Bottom