PvP Filthy Tricks

You know what they say! "A good plan violently executed right now is better than a perfect plan next week."

Good way to blast Anacondas (NPC or other wise). Shields drop, ram them right on the spine, drop plasma straight into the power plant.
I'm pretty sure nobody but you actually says that.

I like to fight NPC Anacondas.
Nice payout and even I cannot miss those things.
They turn like garbage barges.

It is a Friday afternoon, I've tons of work to do and I'm bored.
So I'd like to know what are some of the dirtiest PvP tactics you've seen?

To be clear: These are legal tactics - I'm looking for that moment where a standard straight up fight when to OH [redacted]! because of an unexpected use of equipment or a quirky tactic.

Here's a filthy trick you'll enjoy profusely. Bring a friend to a prearranged duel. If asked you say the friend is there to "watch". There are lots and lots of possibilities with this arrangement, but one way it can go is at the end of the duel your opponent is shieldless and down to less than 25% hull. Then your friend can step in and finish off the poor slob while you blurt over comms: "RUN RUN GET OUT!" You get bonus points and extra kicks and giggles if the stupid idiot brought a big ship to this arrangement with a big rebuy. Oh the fun you'll have with this one :D

Here's a filthy trick you'll enjoy profusely. Bring a friend to a prearranged duel. If asked you say the friend is there to "watch". There are lots and lots of possibilities with this arrangement, but one way it can go is at the end of the duel your opponent is shieldless and down to less than 25% hull. Then your friend can step in and finish off the poor slob while you blurt over comms: "RUN RUN GET OUT!" You get bonus points and extra kicks and giggles if the stupid idiot brought a big ship to this arrangement with a big rebuy. Oh the fun you'll have with this one :D

I only have two problems:
1: It isn't likely that upon my death my opponent would have only 25% hull remaining.
2: Even if through some cosmic miracle that happened, my buddy wouldn't be able to take out that other 25%.

Do you have any good ones for scrubs?
The only thing I've come up with is "harassing PvP players on the forum and collecting moderation points like they're credits"

I only have two problems:
1: It isn't likely that upon my death my opponent would have only 25% hull remaining.
2: Even if through some cosmic miracle that happened, my buddy wouldn't be able to take out that other 25%.

You'll get there sooner than you think. Be creative. Invite more friends. i.e. "watchers", preferably with capabilities to prevent escape when opportunity is ripe. Being invited to a duel has several benefits you can exploit. 1. crimes will most certainly be turned off by default. 2. Your victim will trust you and stay around longer then they normally would. Exploit this trust.

You'll get there sooner than you think. Be creative. Invite more friends. i.e. "watchers", preferably with capabilities to prevent escape when opportunity is ripe. Being invited to a duel has several benefits you can exploit. 1. crimes will most certainly be turned off by default. 2. Your victim will trust you and stay around longer then they normally would. Exploit this trust.
A friend and I are heading off to Deciat tonight.
I might ask him to give open a try so we can tangle ever so briefly with PKs. :D

Edited to Add: I'm reading the Engineers thread and I'm now realizing getting banned from that thread was a mercy killing.

A friend and I are heading off to Deciat tonight.
I might ask him to give open a try so we can tangle ever so briefly with PKs. :D

Any luck with the "watcher" gambit? You can take this one step further, call it the "Forrest Gump" gambit. After you and your friends successfully send the dupe to the rebuy screen and while he's staring at those options, send him a message over comms that it was all a mistake (blah blah blah) whatever it takes to get him to show up with you and your friends in another instance. Believe it or not some players will actually fall for this and show up to be destroyed by this dirty trick all over again. It never ceases to amaze me. I get a nice chuckle just thinking about it :)

Any luck with the "watcher" gambit? You can take this one step further, call it the "Forrest Gump" gambit. After you and your friends successfully send the dupe to the rebuy screen and while he's staring at those options, send him a message over comms that it was all a mistake (blah blah blah) whatever it takes to get him to show up with you and your friends in another instance. Believe it or not some players will actually fall for this and show up to be destroyed by this dirty trick all over again. It never ceases to amaze me. I get a nice chuckle just thinking about it :)
I didn't know it would take 2 nights to get to Deciat. :(
I'm not ready for any dirty tricks yet - although I have decided you're the most dangerous person on this forum.

I occasionally go to a CG in "cargo" ship like an Anaconda or T10, with nothing but bio-waste and Torpedoes loaded. I wait to be interdicted, then unload on them. I don't really care about restock or rebuy costs; I'm just there to troll pirates and waste their time while actual truckers are running goods.

Usually you have 5 seconds with weapons deployed before turning into space dust. Your torpedoes would work only against rookie pirates.
Ah, that tasty cargo...

On comms, Zarek Null talked an unarmed Orca into parking itself at the center of one of the Thargoid boss ships claiming he had a secret weapon and they could be the first to kill a thargoid, but he needed the Orca there to use his secret weapon.

Then he aggro'ed the thargoid and claimed on comms to be performing a human sacrifice to cement the alliance between Thargoids and The New Dominion.

On comms, Zarek Null talked an unarmed Orca into parking itself at the center of one of the Thargoid boss ships claiming he had a secret weapon and they could be the first to kill a thargoid, but he needed the Orca there to use his secret weapon.

Then he aggro'ed the thargoid and claimed on comms to be performing a human sacrifice to cement the alliance between Thargoids and The New Dominion.

Very dirty! Was the Orca CMDR a ZO initiate or some random guy minding his own business?

I did this a while back, faking a retreat with cascade mines.

Fight a bit, appear like your efforts are futile.

Start boosting away engage FSD. Let your opponent hear the Frame Shift Drive notification. Engage silent running.

While in silent running, abort FSD and deploy hard points. Remain in silent running until enenmy begins to close in and lines up for their attack.

Once they’re within 1.5km, disengage silent running and allow them to shoot you, for target fixation. Then fire off mines.

Source: https://youtu.be/-0XVWZEjB5w

It is a Friday afternoon, I've tons of work to do and I'm bored.
So I'd like to know what are some of the dirtiest PvP tactics you've seen?

To be clear: These are legal tactics - I'm looking for that moment where a standard straight up fight when to OH [redacted]! because of an unexpected use of equipment or a quirky tactic.
Pretending to be a noob, and then wreaking havoc on the forums.
And probably taking names while re-equipping that Mamba 'Gankfest'.

Wargfoot?

You don't fool me Potter!

I did this a while back, faking a retreat with cascade mines.

Fight a bit, appear like your efforts are futile.

Start boosting away engage FSD. Let your opponent hear the Frame Shift Drive notification. Engage silent running.

While in silent running, abort FSD and deploy hard points. Remain in silent running until enenmy begins to close in and lines up for their attack.

Once they’re within 1.5km, disengage silent running and allow them to shoot you, for target fixation. Then fire off mines.

Source: https://youtu.be/-0XVWZEjB5w
That's an old version of ED. Do you still play?

Top Bottom