Ships Finding Engineer materials?

Hey guys,

I KNOW this questions has been asked a brillion times, but where do I find a database to locate the materials I need?

I have eddb.io and INARA, but the best I can find is the location of materials brokers--notably, not the ones that have what I need.

Can someone straighten me out?

Thanks for your heroic patience.

Hey guys,

I KNOW this questions has been asked a brillion times, but where do I find a database to locate the materials I need?

I have eddb.io and INARA, but the best I can find is the location of materials brokers--notably, not the ones that have what I need.

Good luck Commander! o7

Is the forum search still borked?

Some hints:

Hyades Sector DR-V C2-23 Body A5 co-ord 44.818; -31.389 (Dav's Hope)

Koli Discii C 6 A 28.577 7.219 crashed anaconda

HIP 16613 1 A -11.0093 -95.6755 crashed anaconda

HIP 12099 system on planet 1B -54.3803, -50.3575. Jameson crashed cobra

Hey guys,

I'm going out on a limb but I picked up on a few words: "...--notably, not the ones that have what I need...". Material traders atm, are only for trading one mat for another; you can't buy mats there. I sure wish we could. The trade or exchange rates are not that great, but I don't think a lot of thought has gone into trader factors (i.e., give me 6 x's for 1 y ... ). Imho, the exchange rates need a good balance pass.

but to answer question INARA has that info. GL HF

My advice is NOT to go out looking for specific materials. You will drive yourself mad with the ENDLESS GRIND..!

Just hoover them up as you go about your business, and trade as necessary to get your engineer requirements.

Thanks so much Ceekay!

There is a surfeit of database-type info, but it can be a bit overwhelming. I'm engineering my ships at last!

The other, seemingly obvious thing is that there are resource traders and it doesn't matter which one (besides data v mechanical) you go to. Was able to trade for some of the stuff I needed and started collecting.

It's very cool (though many would not agree) that farming resources encourages you to experiment with other roles to find what you need.

Thanks again.

Top Bottom