First contact today!

...or it was just random...

It wouldn't be just random, I made an awful lot of jumps between the bubble and Maia before getting the fragments and unlocking Palin, and nothing.

I understand the whole random thing, but the same as the "two is coincidence, three is premeditated" thing, there were just far too many trips before that single change.

It could of course, on the flip side, be an enormous fluke that it tripped on that single trip where those two things happened. Winning the lottery type chance but hey... someone wins nearly every week right :D

My Mom was wrong afterall: I am not special...

I have unlocked Palin eons ago and I don't give a shi..ny unknown fragment anymore. Obviously the experience wasn't meant for me; by nature it could not have been injected into the game as routine event. Makes me appreciate the benefits of social media for a change and especially thank all the lucky CMDRs who had shared their [alien] encounters.

I'm lying and actually really, truly hate your guts..:)

So I had given up after nearly two weeks of trying in vain to elicit an encounter with the Unknown Vessel, but at least I have finally cracked the precondition of the underlying algorithm triggering these Hyperdictions.

They can trigger anywhere I am NOT, at any given time.

giphy.gif

Yep just got one a about 15 mins ago in the Aries Dark Region going to Maia for my thruster upgrades in my Python with only about 34t of Exhaust Manifolds and that was it.

I haven't seen these things like this since the 80's...

Last edited:
Finally, finally got my interdiction. Had been trying for ages, gave up a few times. Decided to go ripe barnacle hunting and it was on the jump into a known ripe barnacle site that it happened.

Given this, and the way it played out, I couldn't help feeling the flowership was telling me to stay away from the barnacles. I can't shake the feeling that any ships near ripe barnacles are soon going to be toast, and if you've mined them you could be on their hitlist.

I'm probably wrong - it was 4.00 in the morning [wacky]

Top Bottom