The title. What is this? Accounts that have been banned? Deleted accounts? Players that want privacy?

Would it be possible to remove these, assuming the accounts are not more? It might give players a chance to get their names out there sooner than later. I know it's not that far from the bubble you can get your name on stuff, I did out near Merope somewhere.

It's just frustrating to keep finding asterisks as names on stuff. I find a lot more while going out towards Benard's Loop.

So, hopefully someone can shed some light on what the asterisks are actually about?

Attachments

• f994f7d4-7e03-4513-bc0d-9c54a0555471.PNG
    f994f7d4-7e03-4513-bc0d-9c54a0555471.PNG
    554.6 KB · Views: 303
The title. What is this? Accounts that have been banned? Deleted accounts? Players that want privacy?

Would it be possible to remove these, assuming the accounts are not more? It might give players a chance to get their names out there sooner than later. I know it's not that far from the bubble you can get your name on stuff, I did out near Merope somewhere.

It's just frustrating to keep finding asterisks as names on stuff. I find a lot more while going out towards Benard's Loop.

So, hopefully someone can shed some light on what the asterisks are actually about?
i believe the asterisks mean the CMNDR's name was flagged by FDEV's "community standards" filter.

Some first discovery tags turned into asterix the day after we got the update wich gave us the fss and probes etc. This hapened to my tags and those of my friends. In seemingly random systems.
I presume it is some kind of bug.

This has been happening for at least 2 years. Has happened to so many of the systems I found. I remember hearing it was something to do with xbox commanders info getting lost in transition somehow. Don't know if that's correct or not but it's not a new thing.

Maybe the name is written in Russian that our Xbox can't display.

I have a couple of Russian clients that came up as that as their CMDR name

I spoke to support and they said it's because the names were caught by the profanity filter (not related to the comms profanity filter).
I wanted to scan a system and two players I know had scanned half of the planets. I scanned the rest. When I handed in the data, every planet had our names asterisked out (that's when I contacted support). So it's nothing to do with profanity. The system was like that for weeks, if not months.
Recently I checked again and all of our names are back as they should be.

tl;dr I have no idea what's going on. I hope that helps

On the same theme sort of, is there a way of gaining access to all of the planets discovered by me as a Cmdr. A list if you like. Or is it just a case of having to write them all down along with their positions when you visit them. Just wondering. Thanks for any information.

Last edited:
Top Bottom