Newcomer / Intro First game if Elite in 25 years.

You had better edit that as naming and shaming on the forum is not allowed and will bring you grief.
I think 'naming and shaming' doesn't apply here... it's when you say anything wrong about others. Here nothing wrong, just a normal day in game. A personal point of view doesn't matter, just the facts. And the facts are crystal clear. Peace☮!

I think 'naming and shaming' doesn't apply here... it's when you say anything wrong about others. Here nothing wrong, just a normal day in game. A personal point of view doesn't matter, just the facts. And the facts are crystal clear. Peace☮!

Well it is up to you if you want to leave the info there. I can tell you though that people have been sanctioned in the past for posting the in-game names of people that destroyed them - particularly in the terms you used (ganked).

what sucks the most?

Well the moment when you're noob and fly a tiny ship and you are ganked without a warning by experienced anaconda... or few anacondas.
Then all you can do is to wait for this screen where you pay insurance for the ship.
And start over from the station you just left few minutes ago...
ED is great as a single player experience, but terrible as an open MMO.
Hope your experiences will be better ;).

I better hail the brave roars:coffee: , cmdr tinvanno and tesladriver the proud killers of the noobs, I salute you...
View attachment 150033

Whining mode off.

Noobs don't fly into Shinra in nonengineered ships. Period. You need to know that Shinra is MOST DANGEROUS system to visit. You want to test your ship and perhaps test your combat skill agaist galaxy's more experienced pilots? Be my guest otherwise fly into Jameson in solo mode. And by the way if you had at least SOME dirty drive thrusters tuning and some basic knowledge on how to submit & evade interdiction you would easily escape and thumb your nose at fat pig Anaconda flying log of a ship.

Further reading. Personally it took me 8-10 rebuy screens to fully test these tactics in open and later on succeed in almost every ship, even in T9. Actually it is not that hard and I found it pretty fun to submit and escape, then it comes to the point THEY don't even bother checking you out because they know you're about to waste their time they would normally spend on someone else. Then it comes to the point where you can use own skills and advantages against them and start breaking their "fun activity" :D

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/33ycpb Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/33ycpb/the_real_open_traders_guide_to_surviving/

what sucks the most?

Well the moment when you're noob and fly a tiny ship and you are ganked without a warning by experienced anaconda... or few anacondas.
Then all you can do is to wait for this screen where you pay insurance for the ship.
And start over from the station you just left few minutes ago...
ED is great as a single player experience, but terrible as an open MMO.
Hope your experiences will be better ;).

I better hail the brave roars:coffee: , cmdr tinvanno and tesladriver the proud killers of the noobs, I salute you...

Whining mode off.
well, just happened to me as well... larger ship, probably engineered wiping a poor noob Asp Explorer (me). Congrats, this proves you are a great fighter :D :D I really can't see where is the fun in stealing candies from a kid...

Noobs don't fly into Shinra in nonengineered ships. Period.
Thanks mate but you can already stop sending me those links, they don't help ;). If just they could help the game mechanics which looks like based on a complete lack of balance between best and worse players. We have highly balanced ships, modules and weapons, I see how much time they put on inventing those connections... but the mutual behaviours between human players, implemented inside computer data, are still in early beta. As a result toxic actions and grief and many people disapointed switching to Solo, eventually quitting. Because of loneliness, boredom, inability to set some upper target or play a story... no real PvE in an indie MMO. Is it still an MMO?...

Awesome advice boss! I just turned a person onto the game. I thought once we left the starter area, we couldn't go back?
Return depends on whether you have docked outside the area and increased in rank, as I understand it.

I was selling exploration data from the bubble in bulk when a message popped up telling me I had made first discoveries and had a bonus. I wasn't expecting that. Is there any way I can find out which bodies they were? Can I search on a commanders' name?

I was selling exploration data from the bubble in bulk when a message popped up telling me I had made first discoveries and had a bonus. I wasn't expecting that. Is there any way I can find out which bodies they were? Can I search on a commanders' name?
I guess if you relog and check back your last route among the stars, you can figure out was it really your first discovery or simply an usual bug :).

If it's a bug it's a pleasant bug. To be first in the bubble today is like finding needle in a haystack - like they say... and what seems logical 🤓.

Top Bottom