First the Type-9 was reborn, then the Saud Kruger ships, next?

Swap the weight stats on the Conda and Cutter. Suddenly the cutter is the ultimate do-everything that’s actually worth the price and the rank grind. Plus the Conda finally fits its role in the lore as an ancient refurbished scrapheap.
This would make the Anaconda worthless across the board, though. I think it should keep its absurdly low weight but the armor and hull hit points should be reduced to make sense with those numbers. I'm open to the idea that the Anaconda is built in some clever way that allows for a functional large ship at a fraction of the mass of its competitors, but I refuse to believe that such a vessel shouldn't be substantially more fragile than other vessels of equivalent size. This way Anaconda gets to remain king of jumprange while still being a viable large multirole, at the cost of being clearly outclassed by the two dedicated navy vessels.

Keelback: would benefit from a shipkit that puts a huge "skull" over the cockpit for a real pirate look
type 10: a tiny little bit more turning rate in supercruise - would that be to much?

my 2 favourite ships :)
I'd add for the type 10... if the thing could boost faster (like.. less than a Cutter but around anaconda speed, which is not really asking anything extraordinary) and maybe change the class 1s on the side of the cockpit to class 2s, you'd have a viable interceptor killing machine because of the speed and the close grouping of 3 class 2 gauss cannons. You know, what the damn thing was actually designed for.

Sorry: They turned the beluga into a weaponized, slf carrying, biowaste hauler. Mine ran kool and made me a few bill as a passenger ship, sorry you couldn't do the same.
Now it's just another lame multirole ship.
Have fun. :)
As for exploring in a beluga. Just wait till you land on a hi g world.

Sorry The clipper is perfect as is.

I thought they just moved the restrictions on the slots. It can still carry the same loadouts as before, but now if you want you can put something else in the restricted slots besides passenger cabins. Did they change something about it that makes it run less cool?

I thought they just moved the restrictions on the slots. It can still carry the same loadouts as before, but now if you want you can put something else in the restricted slots besides passenger cabins. Did they change something about it that makes it run less cool?

Nope

I think the Clipper would benefit from a little touch up. Maybe bump its size 4 compartments up to 5, and the 3s up to 4. Alternatively, I could see bumping it down to medium. It's just feels off compared to the Python. The Python is a larger ship (in terms of capacity, hard points), but uses a medium pad.

De-restricting its slots did nothing to improve its capabilities as a passenger liner, despite its mediocre passenger hauling ability. The change makes it better at things it was never intended for, which in itself isn't bad but it hasn't made it better at passenger missions. The problem the beluga had, aside from being a flying BBQ rack, is that it failed to be the best passenger vessel despite existing for no other purpose.

I have to respectfully disagree here. Now you can carry passengers in the Beluga with both a large fuel scoop and a fighter hangar. People have been asking for that for a long time!

I have to respectfully disagree here. Now you can carry passengers in the Beluga with both a large fuel scoop and a fighter hangar. People have been asking for that for a long time!

This was exactly my point too; there's nothing different about it except it's now more versatile. I'm seriously considering this as a long range, very self sufficient explorer. I haven't had the urge to land on a high G planet to date, so that's really not a big concern for me.

Yeah but it's 3 times the cost and less cargo space if you set it up for mining with shields; 64t vs 80t. T6 has one more optional internal slot than the Keelback and I can live without the SLF capability.

BLASPHEMY!! I mined myself up to unlock that engineering chick who does the hull up-grades in my Keelback. And I enjoyed every tonne of bauxite I mined.

Mine always ran cool. All the crying had ED change it. A sad day to remove internal slots to appease the lil whiny gurls.
Now I can put all of the big 4 in storage forever.
T-10, Cutter, Corvette, Beluga.

Mine always ran cool. All the crying had ED change it. A sad day to remove internal slots to appease the lil whiny gurls.
Now I can put all of the big 4 in storage forever.
T-10, Cutter, Corvette, Beluga.

nothing was removed from the Beluga. there were 4 (2 size 6 and 2 size 5) slots that you could *only* put passenger cabins in. now you can put whatever you want in them. the slots are still there.

-- edit to correct to 4 slots not 3 --

Last edited:
Hello CMDR’s,

Frontier has recently been making good progress in giving some neglected ships a new purpose. The buff to the Type-9 earlier this year was amazing and made that ship a viable trading ship again for many CMDR’s. This update includes the long-awaited lifting of slot restrictions for the Saud Kruger ships that breathe a lot of life into them. These changes have been met with a lot of happiness and near universal acclaim from CMDR’s.

I for one can’t wait to put together a new long-range exploration Beluga ship with all the fixin’s. 51 light years of jump range and all the amenities that a CMDR would want. Awesome cockpit view and a beautiful ship to have in my galaxy screenshots. Great! The Beluga was the ship I most wanted to see given some love.

However, that begs the question. What’s the next ship that needs some TLC? If you could ask Frontier to make changes to one ship what would it be? Let’s exclude the Mamba and Krait Phantom for now as they are not final and there totally could be tweaks there.

But what other ship would you love to spend more time in if a key flaw were fixed?

Beluga is still trash despite I want it to be good, beaten in jump range by two other Sand Krugar ships despite being the "premier" tourism ship (And tourism includes uber long range / fringe outer rim exploration) and still needs low emissions mod on an A RATED powerplant to not die of heat issues despite Low Emissions is meant for cold running stealth / smuggling builds and not to fix a problem that should never exist to begin with. Seriously as "realistic" as Elite presents itself, no buyer would accept a ship with heat issues straight off the line with A-rated modules, that trash would be sent back immediately for a refund. Oh and the seat inside the Beluga is a little too low and needs to be raised, as well as positioned closer to the canopy.

Don't praise FDEV just yet, they still gotta work on the Beluga more.

Too late, it is a done deal. And a deal I can't see a downside, you can still use the SK ships as passenger, nothing has changed in that regard. Just now you can use them for something else if you want, I know I will be buying an Orca as an excellent exploration ship, something that I really couldn't do before because of the stupid restrictions.
Remove all restrictions on combat ships then, I can't play this game unless I'm mining in a vulture and having my corvette act like a better anaconda. Hell why not just make powerplay open only and remove PG/Solo while we're at it?

Remove all restrictions on combat ships then, I can't play this game unless I'm mining in a vulture and having my corvette act like a better anaconda. Hell why not just make powerplay open only and remove PG/Solo while we're at it?

You forgot Iron Man mode...

You forgot Iron Man mode...

I’d love an Ironman mode. Also, I do wish all things that actually have any effect on other players (bgs/Powerplay/Cgs) would only have that effect if done in open. You can still earn your cash and see the pretty in solo/group but any action that affects others should be open only. In other words the missions would still be there and people could still buy their ships and participate in events, but the bar would only move and the rank would only count in open. It’s not gonna happen but that’s how I’d have it if I could.

Top Bottom