First Time Back To Game In Months

I'm glad Horizons is still around in some form.

I briefly made a few changes to my FC's market, to unload items. I also transferred all but about twelve weeks of minimal upkeep to my main account from the FC.

It would seem a good bet that things that are green won't remain in one star system.

Also, Thargoid Zombies? There's at least one engineer in Colonia who will be so pleased. Zombie Ground Combat? I don't think the Borg or the Aliens will be at all impressed.

If the Colonia Bridge is a highway for humans, it's also a highway for green cauliflowers.

One of the things I'm hoping for in the Great Upcoming Narrative Update is a global clean save. Sidewinders save the galaxy!

Returning to nap.

Also, Thargoid Zombies? There's at least one engineer in Colonia who will be so pleased. Zombie Ground Combat? I don't think the Borg or the Aliens will be at all impressed.
Yeah, I heard about the suggestion that Thargoid on-foot combat would involve the Thargoids employing human zombies and my first thought was, "Well, that won't cost Frontier much to implement."

Well, that's not strictly true. My first thought was "Cheapskates!"

Yeah, I heard about the suggestion that Thargoid on-foot combat would involve the Thargoids employing human zombies and my first thought was, "Well, that won't cost Frontier much to implement."
The only place I heard this was OA's latest video, and it seemed like pure speculation to me. Though it wouldn't be the first time this trope was used in a space game:

iu

Babylon 5 using psi humans to pilot their ships...
<spoiler but hey, its been over decade, if you haven't seen B5 by now, well that's on you>

The only place I heard this was OA's latest video, and it seemed like pure speculation to me.
Yes, that was my source. I wouldn't say it was pure speculation - OA did reference two pieces of evidence for an enhanced interest in gathering humans.

Also, Frontier has a track record of recycling assets with minimum effort. After all, look at the new in-game assets we have to interact with in Update 13 - Thargoid-destroyed megaships, free-floating data links, and a Guardian relic that now glows green instead of blue (and a new interaction with a Guardian site to create it that bears an uncanny resemblance to the old one). All slight modifications of existing assets.

And then there's the AX multicannon introduced in the interregnum between Horizons and Odyssey - IIRC they didn't even bother reskinning those.

So, I'll be impressed if we get Thargoid stormtroopers that are actual Thargoids. But, TBH, I'm not even expecting zombie humans that move like actual zombies.

New weapons for space and ground Thargoid combat? That aren't just minimum changes to existing ones? We'll see. Or not see.

The only place I heard this was OA's latest video, and it seemed like pure speculation to me. Though it wouldn't be the first time this trope was used in a space game:

iu
This was speculated on the forums last week...

I'm pretty sure I also saw it in the forums before that but having difficulty finding it atm...

Top Bottom