PvP First time in the PvP League 44th in action!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hello CMDRs o7

Just throwing out this small advertisement in here for everyone to see.

The 44th Vulture Syndicate, a Vulture only squad, has made its way into the PvP League.

After our first victory in the first round, where everyone doubted that we would succeed, we are now going into round 2 of the League.

You can watch the first match here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/331234816 (title is wrong, and be aware, it's quite a long video)

Second match will happen Friday 9th at 20:00 UTC /galactic time

I hope those who have interest in the Vulture will watch it, it's worth it and might give an idea on what is possible with this awesome ship!

Thanks in advance to Harry Potter/Besieger who will stream the whole thing and stand in as Referee.

His twitch where you can watch the stream: https://www.twitch.tv/besieger1

Fly dangerous CMDRs o7

Good luck, CMDR! Building a decent PvP vulture is on my todo list. I have some experience in the Viper, any suggestions on where I should start with a vulture weapon loadout?

Good luck, CMDR! Building a decent PvP vulture is on my todo list. I have some experience in the Viper, any suggestions on where I should start with a vulture weapon loadout?

If you are able to use fixed, take two efficient Plasmas. Its Fun! Pacifiers with overcharged/screeningshell are also nice, but i have the feeling, the plasmas do more damage except against large Ships. And the ammo of the Pacifiers doesnt last very long.

Last edited:
Efficient PA are nice for fat targets, but people who know what they are doing and have a fast or small ship are going to be dodging enough standard velocity PA shots to make you want focused or LR ones.

Efficient PA are nice for fat targets, but people who know what they are doing and have a fast or small ship are going to be dodging enough standard velocity PA shots to make you want focused or LR ones.

I would have to agree with you. I encountered a PvPer like this in the CG. He flew circles around me so I couldn't land a shot. I think the problem with Vultures is they dont have the power or distro to handle anything but efficient PAs.

Ammo has always been an issue for us during our fights in the league. Since the rule stated no synth, we had to fight smart. That's why we wanted to go for icy rings as much as possible. Last fight tho happened in rocky rings which are almost wide open and give an edge to medium ships and gimballed builds. That's what made us drop out.

I would have to agree with you. I encountered a PvPer like this in the CG. He flew circles around me so I couldn't land a shot. I think the problem with Vultures is they dont have the power or distro to handle anything but efficient PAs.

I've got a pair of focused PA on my Vulture...power is tight, but it's workable.

Looks something like this: https://s.orbis.zone/-eg

If other utilities can be sacrificed for more shield boosters, power can be saved by lowering the rating of the boosters.

Ammo has always been an issue for us during our fights in the league. Since the rule stated no synth, we had to fight smart. That's why we wanted to go for icy rings as much as possible. Last fight tho happened in rocky rings which are almost wide open and give an edge to medium ships and gimballed builds. That's what made us drop out.

Not much can really be done with Vultures against similar numbers of mediums in open areas, but it would still have been interesting to see how the fight progressed.

Hello CMDRs o7

Just throwing out this small advertisement in here for everyone to see.

The 44th Vulture Syndicate, a Vulture only squad, has made its way into the PvP League.

After our first victory in the first round, where everyone doubted that we would succeed, we are now going into round 2 of the League.

Well done guys, lots of great flying to be seen. I'm impressed!

Whoa whoa whoa.

I don’t think so.

Those rocks were every bit as dense as any ice Rings as I’ve ever seen.

And it wouldn’t have mattered. We generally don’t hit the rocks or ice if that’s what you were counting on as your 3rd/Huge hardpoint.

What “made” you drop out was a superior show of force, superior ships, superior tactics, and superior flying.

You guys are something else. The very definition of sore losers here.

You guys had double chaff, and you’re failing to mention that when you were chaffing you were getting pummeled with Railgun and Cannon/PA fire.

You chose to fly lesser ships with limited firepower and “count” on your opponents flying poorly and hitting the rocks or ice, and not being able to hit such a “small and maneuverable” target.

That’s pathetic. If that was your strategy you would have utterly failed anyway because you allowed us to repeatedly pull and peel you into open space, and surprise! we can still hit Vultures at distance with Railguns.

The Code beat you because we are more experienced, more skilled, and know how to use all available resources to our advantage. (The same reason we lost to another more skilled/experienced team in the first round, that’s how it goes).

I haven’t had time to post my videos of the fights yet, but they are coming.

You might want to change your story.

Achilles7

Banned
Whoa! The PvP League has started????

Hmmm, I'd say the marketing dept needs a 'boot up the jacksie' (English colloquialism...it means 'amelioration'! What's that? What does amelioration mean? Ughh...give me strength, you bunch of retards!)

Anyway, in honour of Hellfire & 44th...

"For Those About to hit a Rock (We Salute You!)" [big grin]

Whoa whoa whoa.

I don’t think so.

Those rocks were every bit as dense as any ice Rings as I’ve ever seen.

And it wouldn’t have mattered. We generally don’t hit the rocks or ice if that’s what you were counting on as your 3rd/Huge hardpoint.

What “made” you drop out was a superior show of force, superior ships, superior tactics, and superior flying.

You guys are something else. The very definition of sore losers here.

You guys had double chaff, and you’re failing to mention that when you were chaffing you were getting pummeled with Railgun and Cannon/PA fire.

You chose to fly lesser ships with limited firepower and “count” on your opponents flying poorly and hitting the rocks or ice, and not being able to hit such a “small and maneuverable” target.

That’s pathetic. If that was your strategy you would have utterly failed anyway because you allowed us to repeatedly pull and peel you into open space, and surprise! we can still hit Vultures at distance with Railguns.

The Code beat you because we are more experienced, more skilled, and know how to use all available resources to our advantage. (The same reason we lost to another more skilled/experienced team in the first round, that’s how it goes).

I haven’t had time to post my videos of the fights yet, but they are coming.

You might want to change your story.

Sore losers? Afaik we're the only ones who had the balls to show up in Vultures. We did well, we could have done better, but that's gonna happen next League.

You can't deny you were running gimballed weapons for the most part, and that's what did the biggest damage, not your sparse hits with your fixed guns.

As for the density of the rocky rings, you clearly have never fought in icy ones. You had the advantage and we both know that it was the reason you refused to go for icy rings.

I can't deny that you guys spent more time doing PvP and had the better gear, so ye, let's call that more experienced.
But on another side, you feel the need to explain in a lengthy post why we lost and you won. That's not very classy from someone who claims to have the better gear, the most experience and better "tactics".
But we can repeat the whole thing if you like, just to prove my point.

Let's have a wing fight, league rules, 4v4 in icy rings. I might even ask someone to stream it.

If you win, I ask the mods to shut down this thread and will admit that you won thru better flying, tactics and experience.

If we win, you owe us an official apology for calling us sore losers.

Edit: The stream recording of the fight : https://youtu.be/nizjFWSFPto

Last edited:
flyauburn41

image.png

LOL! nuf said.

I just said what everyone was already thinking. Of course you guys had the slight advantage in the icy rings. Maybe you guys were in a different fight, but you got destroyed. You managed to kill one ship in two rounds. Would not have mattered if you were icy or rocky.

In case you forgot. https://youtu.be/4pHR-sC7HmA

I just said what everyone was already thinking. Of course you guys had the slight advantage in the icy rings. Maybe you guys were in a different fight, but you got destroyed. You managed to kill one ship in two rounds. Would not have mattered if you were icy or rocky.

In case you forgot. https://youtu.be/4pHR-sC7HmA

We know we got destroyed, thanks.

And if I remember correctly, you didn't even fight yourself, so please keep it low.

We know we got destroyed, thanks.

And if I remember correctly, you didn't even fight yourself, so please keep it low.

Shippy is the First Mate of The Code, and one of the most well known pirates in the game.

He will not be keeping it ‘low’. Instead he will keep it ‘high’. Very very high.

I’ve been busy, but evidence to crush all of your claims is coming.

I think I might do a 44th Vulture Railgun hit montage. The finale will be the Railgun hit to Xious’ face that won the first round. That was FUN.

Also, once we are done with he League (we are still in it you see, as we crushed AA a week after crushing 44th, this time in dense ice Rings with mostly fixed weapons, who knew) we will be glad to fight in your sore losers bracket and crush you again.

The way you react to those posts... lol...

You won and still, you're way more triggered than we are about this whole thing.

Did I hit a nerve?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom