First time playing on PC and VR - Intel or AMD??

You know what, the difference between 1.0 SS & 1.5 HMD, and 0.75 SS & 2.0 HMD is not much.

I was ready to settle for 0.85 SS, but that completely ruins asteroids in planetary rings. Something just goes wrong with their edges.

You know, I think I prefer 1.0 SS and 1.5 HMD. :) Played for ages tonight with little issue. However, pinning the desktop in the game and running netflix in a browser does hit performance a little. But only a little. :)

What did you settle on for your settings? I'm trying to sort out my optimal. Running a Ryzen 2700x, FlareX, 970Pro, 2080 Super.

I recently upgraded to i9 9900k cpu, i like that AMD are giving stiff competition again but i heard there was a problem running Vive wireless WiGIG with AMD so Intel it is.
The wireless runs great it used to eat cpu on the old 4930k but now its just a backround process for the 9900k :)

What did you settle on for your settings? I'm trying to sort out my optimal. Running a Ryzen 2700x, FlareX, 970Pro, 2080 Super.
Bear in mind I'm on a Intel i9900k and a 2080ti.

I'm at work so can't remember off the top of my head - but I have SS at 1.0, HMD at 1.75, and FXAA anti-aliasing (this does make a nice difference). I have draw distance just past the halfway mark, and then everything up to mostly High with the odd Ultra (shadows are definitely Ultra) with the exception of:

Bloom - Off
Blur - Off
DOF - Off
Ambient Occlusion - Low

Bear in mind I'm on a Intel i9900k and a 2080ti.

I'm at work so can't remember off the top of my head - but I have SS at 1.0, HMD at 1.75, and FXAA anti-aliasing (this does make a nice difference). I have draw distance just past the halfway mark, and then everything up to mostly High with the odd Ultra (shadows are definitely Ultra) with the exception of:

Bloom - Off
Blur - Off
DOF - Off
Ambient Occlusion - Low

Nice! I'm shooting for SS 1.0, HMD 1.5, FXAA. I'm finding I'm having to compromise on a lot of the other settings though, med / low (shadows). What a difference the Ti makes! Are you dipping into ASW a lot?

Nice! I'm shooting for SS 1.0, HMD 1.5, FXAA. I'm finding I'm having to compromise on a lot of the other settings though, med / low (shadows). What a difference the Ti makes! Are you dipping into ASW a lot?
Not as much as you'd think. The odd busy station or engineer base. However, one time I did go off to a guardian site to grab materials for the FSD Booster - had to drop to HMD 1.5, and it was still constant ASW. However, that was with all the terrain settings on Ultra. To be honest on a Rift S I don't think you really see the benefit of Ultra settings. Which is why I've revised a lot of them down to High for the most part. Ultra Shadows I'll always keep. I might try and nudge the draw distance out a bit further as well.

Top Bottom