Fish, Birds, and PZ2

So since JWE2 promises flying and marine reptiles, does this mean that real flying birds and fully aquatic fish won't come to PZ
Why u think so? Main goal of JWE2 was to bring rigging and animation system from PZ. Pterosaurs have probably looped animations or work same way as in first version. Marine reptiles arent far away from something like seal or penguin probably. We have diving animations.

@tigris115 I still believe the game will get some form of aviary dlc for sure. Question is how much support will the game continue to receive. I do feel like frontier throws in the towel much too soon on game titles when moving on to something different as I feel the same. Lots of stuff to bring in the game yet. But you being the customer have the ability to see how things go the first time around before buying into a sequel or another game.

I think it's way too early to think about Planet Zoo 2 being released. I think it might come when Planet Zoo is as old as Jurassic World Evolution is now.

Absolutely agree that it is a Shame that we don't even have a single Species of Fish yet in the Game (unless you count the dead ones🙃). There's so much Potential. The Clown Fish for Example would've been perfect as a Exhibit Animal in the Aquatic Pack (why even call it Aquatic Pack when every single Species in there is semiaquatic?)

I think it's way too early to think about Planet Zoo 2 being released. I think it might come when Planet Zoo is as old as Jurassic World Evolution is now.
Based on leaked roadmap in 2019 they made JWE2 because they couldnt fix first version. So with that logic what is needed to be fixed in PZ ?

Edit: I think main reason to make jwe2 is because every dino there had to be made from scratch whereas in PZ they reuse rigs and animations.

Based on leaked roadmap in 2019 they made JWE2 because they couldnt fix first version. So with that logic what is needed to be fixed in PZ ?
😆 The Rangers in Jurassic World Evolution are such a Mess when you give them something to do.

There's a lot that needs to be fixed in Planet Zoo. They need to better research the Animals in the Game and fix them, make Animals like Hippos territorial, some Climbing System Fixes, make it possible to keep some Animals together that can't be kept together and make it impossible for other Animals to be kept together. Don't really want to write a complete List of everything that definitely needs to be fixed

There's a lot that needs to be fixed in Planet Zoo. They need to better research the Animals in the Game and fix them, make Animals like Hippos territorial, some Climbing System Fixes, make it possible to keep some Animals together that can't be kept together and make it impossible for other Animals to be kept together. Don't really want to write a complete List of everything that definitely needs to be fixed
I dont think such things need completly new game.

But it would still be nice to see Planet Zoo 2 in a few Years
Not so few please 😂.
I mean we were forced to play Zt2 with a tons on mods to play a well done zoo sim game (a 17 years game), i think we can play Pz a little bit more 😁.
We know that there are engine limitations, such as more than 8 terrain textures to choose for the map, and the general fps drop in a very large zoo, even with a very good Pc, other than that i don't think the implementation of aviary system and marine animals need a completely new game, especially the marine animals, since we already have diving.

I think we will get an Aviary DLC end of 2021. They’ve probably developed the ability for free roaming flying animals for both JWE2 and PZ. If one game can have it, I don’t see why they’d hold it back from the other. Even if we get these now by the time PZ2 comes technology would have advanced so everything will improved and worth buying again anyway - just as we bought PZ after buying ZT2.

I don’t think we’ll get the Aviary DLC before JWE2 releases as it would spoil the reveal of the flying mechanics - BUT if JWE2 comes out late 2021 and an Aviary DLC comes out shortly after in December both game communities will have their big reveal moment - the JWE2 hype building up PZ hype even more keeping it close together.

So since JWE2 promises flying and marine reptiles, does this mean that real flying birds and fully aquatic fish won't come to PZ, or will we have to wait for a PZ2. IMO, having bought all the game's DLC, I'm quite upset if this is the case. I feel quite ripped off because tbh, I feel a lot was promised with little delivered.
I don't think fully aquatic fish were ever on the cards anyway - this is a zoo sim, not an aquarium sim. Sometimes the two overlap, but most often they don't. It honestly feels like people forget that Zoo Tycoon is not the standard by which all zoo games are measured (nor should they be). Birds have always been questionable, more a matter of possibility and capability than anything else. I mean, we also have no idea how the pterosaurs in JWE2 are going to function. All we've got are some still images and a CG concept trailer.

)Oops, wrote this in another thread, but looks like it goes better here):

It seems like this bodes well for the possibility of flying birds, and possibly even aquariums, in PZ. At least on the mechanical side of being able to figure it out.

Of course, there's the separate question of where they put resources and how long they make the lifespan versus cycling through new games/versions. But just on the mechanics side, it seems like something we now know they can do.

I'm really hoping they keep adding to PZ, and don't move on to PZ2 too quickly. There are so many animal possibilities, and it doesn't seem like we need to reinvent the wheel just yet!

I'm really hoping they keep adding to PZ, and don't move on to PZ2 too quickly. There are so many animal possibilities, and it doesn't seem like we need to reinvent the wheel just yet!
I should also echo this sentiment. I doubt PZ2 is even on the radar, nor should it be. Even if support for PZ only lasts until the end of next year or something, I seriously doubt we'll see PZ2 before PC2, and there's a good chance there will be a console edition before that as well.

I wonder if Frontier will beef up Cobra for the new game? O maybe get another engine altogether. Also. the comparison with PK will be unavoidable,

I seriously think it is too soon to think about a PZ2 when the game is so new. But yet everyone keeps talking about it because they hope it's better than what we have got now. But sure that tells everyone how much PZ is lacking? The game needs to do more for me to buy a number 2, if not then I will be like you, furious and ripped off. PZ within itself has so much potential.
I surely hope that we get flying birds at the least and not be forced to buy a number 2.

Because if the sims4 can keep pumping out new packs about a life simulator, I can't see why PZ can't do the same.

I guess what I am trying to say is that if PZ does end this year then I will be extremely disappointed and won't buy the second one unless it's like on sale or totally amazing, great gameplay, has better packs than PZ does now, a better game engine that supports big zoo's that are highly detailed with at least 3,000 guests, better animal behaviours and personalities, birds in base game (<- birds aren't important but would be nice) and maybe small fish but I doubt they would be added

Last edited:
if not then I will be like you, furious and ripped off. PZ within itself has so much potential.
I surely hope that we get flying birds at the least and not be forced to buy a number 2.
Tbh, flying birds and aquatic fish were never mentioned or announced as a feature.
I'd love to see this for PZ as well, but I don't think it's fair to judge a person or company on something they never announced.

I bet some people are thinking the same about JWE and PC, but in the end they will buy the sequel. JWE owners are "forced" to buy JWE2 if they want aquatic dinos.

Because if the sims4 can keep pumping out new packs about a life simulator, I can't see why PZ can't do the same
Last year they had +10 million monthly active players at one point. Can you really compare one of the biggest franchises in gaming with PZ?

Tbh, flying birds and aquatic fish were never mentioned or announced as a feature.
I'd love to see this for PZ as well, but I don't think it's fair to judge a person or company on something they never announced.

I bet some people are thinking the same about JWE and PC, but in the end they will buy the sequel. JWE owners are "forced" to buy JWE2 if they want aquatic dinos.

True, true, they didn't announce birds or fish, I guess its just an expectation, which like you said, isn't really fair. I just don't like the idea of buying another version of a game to have something that should have been in the original
Last year they had +10 million monthly active players at one point. Can you really compare one of the biggest franchises in gaming with PZ?

Yup, because Zoo tycoon was so big in its day and PZ is not and there is probably a reason for it.

Top Bottom