"Fixed Issues" returning one or a couple Updates after

I am a bit frightened about the state of many issue reports, which have been fixed in updates only to re-appear later.
Some of the prominent examples after Update 8 would be:

- Undermined Powerplay Merits in Control Systems do not show up in the Local News - Power Update

This issue was in fact fixed since Mid-June, hence why the issue reports ceased. The problem reoccurred starting in August and since then there has not been a successful report, leaving the issue unresolved. This has partially contributed to the collapse of Mahon, whose players were unable to identify undermining efforts against them in time. This in turn led to Mahon's five-yearlong lead in Powerplay coming under threat. Because of a bug...
This one remains broken still.

- Choosing +Influence reward from missions gives no influence

There are many initial reports that this bug has (yet again) reappeared after Update 8. A devastating problem for BGS players, especially those ones who don't know about it and therefore fail to avoid selecting these rewards.

- Passenger Missions no longer list destination / receiving faction before accepting

This issue as been newly introduced as part of the Odyssey UI and has still not been addressed. At least passenger missions now also show target body distance (the did not at start).
There are numerous similar cases of information removed from the UI that have not yet been added back to the game. I am trying to keep a full list over here:

- Megaship cargo not ejected after hatching
Mega-ship looting was fixed a couple of updates ago, now it is broken again.
Thanks to the replies for pointing this one out:

Unless there are mechanisms to prevent issues from coming back after the next update or other future updates, this will continue to happen. It's extremely frustrating to go through the effort of making issue reports, having them confirmed, voted on, acknowledged, eventually fixed.... only for them to become issues yet again. The whole process of community input when addressing bugs is pointless, if they keep coming back. These are just three examples I give in this thread, but I am sure there is many more. The second one in particular appears to have returned for the third or fourth time now...

I hope I am not the only one with this sentiment.

Last edited:

Deleted member 182079

D
I can't believe megaship looting isn't part of the OP.

For over a year it was left in the game, without a care in the world, and despite numerous players raising it to FDev.

Then, they (kind of) fixed it in Odyssey (but not in Horizons, because that would be a proper job and we can't have that in Elite).

Only to break it again mere weeks later, with the subsequent patch.

For over a year it was left in the game, without a care in the world, and despite numerous players raising it to FDev.

Then, they (kind of) fixed it in Odyssey (but not in Horizons, because that would be a proper job and we can't have that in Elite).

"social experiment"

:ROFLMAO:

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator

Looting is not working in Odyssey again?

:(

I waited for a few years for this to be fixed to finally properly start my 3rd account as a pirate/looter type of character. Seems I need to park this one again.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
I'm seriously starting to think, what with the drive to exterminate anarchies via game design as well, that Frontier actively hates criminal activities and really, really wants to discourage it in the game.

But then most of the EDO foot missions make you a criminal, so I would say they LOVE forcing you to be the bad guy. (But then they break the related gameplay :D )

Deleted member 182079

D
Looting is not working in Odyssey again?

:(

I waited for a few years for this to be fixed to finally properly start my 3rd account as a pirate/looter type of character. Seems I need to park this one again.
Nope, patch 7 or 7.01 broke it again. I was able to try it once just to experience what it feels like to steal cargo from a megaship. Blink, and you miss it kind of way.

They never fixed it for Horizons though, which I felt was pretty poor form.

Deleted member 182079

D
But then most of the EDO foot missions make you a criminal, so I would say they LOVE forcing you to be the bad guy. (But then they break the related gameplay :D )
True, but they also punish you with the awful notoriety system. I often thought about just dedicating my CMDR to a life of crime so I don't have to worry about bounties and notoriety anymore, but while NPC bounty hunters aren't a threat, they're for sure a nuisance and always show up in the worst possible moment to cramp your style.

Like interdicting you when you're less than a Ls away from your destination station etc. I racked up 10 notoriety before (pre Odyssey), which was in Colonia, and was sufficiently inconvened due to the small village environment that I gave up on life as a criminal - especially since it really does not pay (unlike IRL! until you get busted at least lol).

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
True, but they also punish you with the awful notoriety system. I often thought about just dedicating my CMDR to a life of crime so I don't have to worry about bounties and notoriety anymore, but while NPC bounty hunters aren't a threat, they're for sure a nuisance and always show up in the worst possible moment to cramp your style.

Like interdicting you when you're less than a Ls away from your destination station etc. I racked up 10 notoriety before (pre Odyssey), which was in Colonia, and was sufficiently inconvened due to the small village environment that I gave up on life as a criminal - especially since it really does not pay (unlike IRL! until you get busted at least lol).

As for aannoying interdictions... I've mentioned this a few times in the forums now, but it seems to have fallen on dead ears - the way it works with the victim bring pulled back to aggressor's location in space after interdiction is just wrong. It allows a skilled wing of gankers (or NPC :D ) to indefinitely toy with you. They pull you back, you escape, make your way back to your target in SC, they pull you back again... this can be done until fuel runs out.

Deleted member 182079

D
As for aannoying interdictions... I've mentioned this a few times in the forums now, but it seems to have fallen on dead ears - the way it works with the victim bring pulled back to aggressor's location in space after interdiction is just wrong. It allows a skilled wing of gankers (or NPC :D ) to indefinitely toy with you. They pull you back, you escape, make your way back to your target in SC, they pull you back again... this can be done until fuel runs out.
Yeah that's what irritates me most about interdictions. I can handle a few seconds of the minigame because it's so easy with NPCs (the only scenario where it's not quite is when flying a vanilla T9, god I hate flying that ship) but being pulled back in terms of distance to target, especially when you're already well within the gravity well, is just utterly tedious design and as you say it makes no sense physically anyways.

mJINV2a.jpeg

Top Bottom