Fixing the formations

The animal formations in this game have 2 major problems. First, the placement of animals in these formations in very inaccurate. For example, Sauropelta is put in the Morrison Formation, Parasaurolophus in the Nemegt Formation, and a Dilophosaurus in China. The second issue is that many of these formations are essentially repeats of themselves. For example, the Scollard, Laramie, Hell Creek, Frenchman, and Lance formations could easily be lumped together as one Hell Creek formation. So after some looking on Wikipedia, I was able to come up with a comprehensive, scientifically accurate, and non-repetitive list of dig sites sorted by continent that contains every animal in the Jurassic Park canon based on this sheet I made.

To see the list in all its glory, check out this Google doc.

Last edited:
Nice work! This would be great especially if all the additions came along some day. However Dilophosaurus is known from Chinese locations, its known in synonymous form as Sinosaurus or Dilophosaurus Sinesis. Nearly identical to the North American genus so I thought it was interesting at launch that the JP Dilo is the Sinesis variety.
Para genome material must be from Saurolophus which is known from both North America and Mongolia which would be odd though understandable to fill the DNA gaps.
Sauropelta in the Morrison is total nonsense lol.
And don’t forget about the Lockwood diorama dinosaurs which were confirmed to be Ingen’s first batch of successful clonings which include: Mononykus, Teratophoneus, Kosmoceratops, Concavenator, Peloroplites, Protoceratops, Dimetrodon, and Dreadnoughtus(in the lab)

...don't really understand why people still call the Jurassic Park Game canon... since it clearly isn't...

Also pretty sure the animals listed on that hologram thing aren't canon either... or at the very least were never engineered by Ingen. Like the Corythosaurus on Roland Tembo's info sheets, it was a prop that never received any real screen time and as such was omitted from the canon...

Last edited:
So Lourinhã Formation in Portugal is insignificant? It is one of the richest formations in Europe and with a lot of unique species.

Miragaia, Dacentrurus, Ceratosaurus, Allosaurus, Stegosaurus, Lusotitan, Torvosaurus, Draconyx, many and many sauropds species.

Thanks for the listing info. I could have used this when i made a jurassic park europe and jurassic park Africa/asia/south america. Will use it as a reference if i remake them.

Top Bottom