flashing lights

hi guys

is there a way to make flashing lights in a model, i need this for a train signal light

i hope there is a way to do this.

The only ways I could see it possible is if animations support changes in textures/materials, and then have "on" and "off" materials that the animation alternates between, or make the signal have two parts that are swapped during the animation.

Can you make the existing lights in the game flash alternately? I have railroad crossing signals from the workshop with the lights, I guess you have to change the seconds of delay and set them to trigger when the train approaches.

I have a flashing light in the Workshop for around a week actually. It switches between selectable colors or on/off i you prefer that.
The strobe light is gonna be online today or tomorrow depending on whether i have some free time in the evening.

I have a flashing light in the Workshop for around a week actually. It switches between selectable colors or on/off i you prefer that.
The strobe light is gonna be online today or tomorrow depending on whether i have some free time in the evening.

i'm making a train crossign so i need the lights to flash if you can help me let me know i need the help in blender for this

You might have to do / use animation for this, as someone who knows about 2D animation, you could try alternating between On & Off...
What I mean is -> oXo <- lets call the 1st light 1 and the 2nd light 2... 1 is black for 10 frames while 2 is lit for 10 frames... then you switch... 1 is lit for the next 10 frames while 2 is black... and so forth and so on... I'm not saying to use 10 frames mind you it's just an sample... That's just a rough idea based on 2D animation... Technicaly it'd be more like 24 frames w/ one off & the other on, then switch them over for the next 24 & so forth, or whatever frame rate you think would work or look best for your project... Now mind you I'm just basing this off of 2D animation cycles, not sure if Blender or 3D works the same way, hope this helps out

Can't help you with Blender specifically, and i'm hesitant to give away the "trick" but you'll find out sooner or later, so here's how it works:

Since you can't animate textures in PlanCo there's only one option left to let a light switch states or have something flash with different colors (and so on)

You need to do it via the model. Basically, if you have a lamp you make a second object that can obstruct the first one to give the impression of a changing light or the flashing you want to achieve. It sounds straightforward but getting the effect right takes some tweaking and testing. Also keep in mind the shapes and the best way to hide the second/thrid/fourth/etc lamp mesh. It also needs to withstand LOD changes. So it's a lot of work to get the effect right but this is the approach you need to take. Think mechanical. Let me know if this helps!

How were the Vodhin crossings made in RCT3? They had triggerable flashing lights. That’s what I want in PC. A US crossing signal with flashing lights but scaled down for the Connie or Iron Horse. And one without gates, too.

it's a bit late but i got it to work using flexi colors and works like a dream now, i just use a flexi color and a sequencer to chance the colors

Top Bottom