[ALLIANCE] Flat Galaxy Society Searches for New Believers

Who are We?
Established in 2017, with commanders having played since the Beta, some since the original Elite; we've had the privilege of taking part in a variety of activities & community led projects throughout the history of Elite Dangerous. Due to the community nature of the group, individuals participate in events like Powerplay, Faction Support, Xeno-content, exploration expeditions, and community goals. We pride ourselves on a mature, well organized core community of commanders. With a strong core group of commanders dedicated to supporting the FGS faction while helping newer players overcome Elite Dangerous' learning curve. FGS recently has merged with Alliance Exploration Corps. This new addition to the family serves as a dedicated home for commanders exclusively interested in Exploration.

Flat Galaxy Society Lore

Flat Galaxy Society was founded by war-weary and politically savvy Commanders who wanted to change galactic politics in the core bubble. The search for a suitable system was long and hard but we finally settled on HR 2926. Most of the founding Commanders were Alliance or Independently aligned and democratically leaning and so the Alliance Democracy of the Flat Galaxy Society was born with the aim of spreading democracy and the Alliance philosophy of freedom and respect for independence to the edge of the bubble. After incredible success in promoting our independent democratic friends throughout the region and pushing a large number of systems into democratic control, FGS members now feel the time is right to promote wider democracy and cooperation under our own faction, the Flat Galaxy Society, an Alliance democracy. Our primary focus will be on promoting and expanding our faction throughout the region, securing trade routes, mining locations, shipyards and other facilities in neutral territories. Currently serving up a hot plate of democracy to over 50 billion!

FGS welcomes all career paths among pilots in their ranks with the exception of unprovoked aggression against other Pilots' Federation members.

What do we do?

Flat Galaxy Society has always been a home to commanders of varying interests and play styles. However, our largest and most active project is the support and growth of our minor faction, Flat Galaxy Society, based in HR 2926. Flat Galaxy Society's Alliance Democracy has grown and matured along side its members. Since it's founding, the faction has grown to be one of the largest Democracies in Elite Dangerous. If you are looking to learn about faction support, support democracy, or just looking for a community of Elite players to call home, consider us. Our faction support project has been built to cater to all types of activities that commanders may find themselves already enjoying in Elite.

We also run social events including Arena sessions and Eagle racing and offer help and guidance to new commanders looking to make their way in a hostile galaxy. And most importantly they promote the belief that the galaxy is flat (FSV of flat) as confirmed by their leader, the Invisible Pink Unicorn (current whereabouts unknown).

Where to find us...

HR 2926 is our home system, we also hold a couple dozen or more systems where you can find us in game & call home!

Our Squadron in game:
right hand panel > Squadrons > Search 'flat' > Flat Galaxy Society > Apply

Discord Information: To become a Believer join here: https://discord.gg/3aXjnY6

Inara wing is at https://inara.cz/wing/2606/

If you'd like to help promote democracy & Cooperation with a humble group of friendly and dedicated commanders, please join our Discord, introduce yourself and have fun!

Last edited:
Flat Galaxy Society Transitioned Mukulcana & Mirdhing Star System's into Democratic hands today!
2 systems flipped to FGS in one tick is a first for our BGS team. FGS is now serving democracy hot and ready to a happy 15 star systems.

Fly safe commanders, o7

FGS is still looking for coverts & the already faithful to join us. The door is always open to friendly folk & we enjoy helping new Commanders find their feet in this Flat Galaxy

It's been awhile Since I've updated this thread! Since my last post Flat Galaxy Society has been Elected into control of 2 more systems! HIP 33287 & 14 Psi Cancri have been welcomed into the galactic family. The two systems add a little over 6 billion population under Flat Galaxy Society's authority.

An Update today! Flat Galaxy Society peacefully gained control of Satvaneka today! Bringing FGS population to around 19 billion across 20 controlled systems & 45 landable stations!

Explorers this post is for you!

Flat Galaxy Society has taken control of Galindo Ring in HIP 33287, a tourism station. Tourism stations offer a variety of special missions to colonia & Passenger missions to various points of interest across the galaxy!
Some info on the stations namesake: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Galindo

Flat Galaxy Society's recent election in HIP 35755 was a success! Flat Galaxy Society has democratically transitioned control of the system. The system is FGS's 21st, and the roughly the 996th system under alliance control! Great system for bounty hunting and trade!

Flat Galaxy Society has taken Control of LHS 1944! Population under the Democracy is now around 29 Billion. Interested in supporting one of the largest Alliance Democracies by population in game? Join us on discord, pass our quirky questionnaire, and join the cause!

On 2019-09-24 Flat Galaxy Society won the Election for system control of HDS 1065. The systems five billion inhabitants voted the faction into governance. The 24th system added to Flat Galaxy Society, it marks its 10th agriculture economy, & now makes it the largest democratic minor faction in the bubble by population controlled, totaling just over 35 billion.

Our growing BGS and long time community awaits:
Find a home in one of our many stations and systems! Join our squadron & Get connected with us on discord!

Discord Information: To become a Believer join here: https://discord.gg/3aXjnY6

Hi,
I'm afraid I don't follow? I do not recall where you're pulling that quote from.
Sorry to be cryptic.

I bumped all the Alliance group threads during the build up and conflict to re-take Gateway.

Late 3303 or early 3304 the Alliance Office of Statistics lost control of Gateway during a widespread bot attack. It’s been Indy for a long time.

Personally I only do enough PowerPlay to maintain voting rights, but I acknowledge and support the PP work and organisation done primarily by AOS.

Being greeted by an Indy traffic controller at the headquarters of the Alliance was a thorn in my paw.

The Interesting Project for Alliance Minor Factions that I was referring to was the multi Alliance group effort to re take Gateway.

FGS are of course a long-standing contributor to Alliance growth.
This week the Alliance collectively govern 1022 systems, up from 256 at the start of the game in 3300.

Entirely due to the work of Alliance CMDRs.

Congrats to all Alliance groups on the retaking of Gateway.

Sorry to be cryptic.

I bumped all the Alliance group threads during the build up and conflict to re-take Gateway.

Late 3303 or early 3304 the Alliance Office of Statistics lost control of Gateway during a widespread bot attack. It’s been Indy for a long time.

Personally I only do enough PowerPlay to maintain voting rights, but I acknowledge and support the PP work and organisation done primarily by AOS.

Being greeted by an Indy traffic controller at the headquarters of the Alliance was a thorn in my paw.

The Interesting Project for Alliance Minor Factions that I was referring to was the multi Alliance group effort to re take Gateway.

FGS are of course a long-standing contributor to Alliance growth.
This week the Alliance collectively govern 1022 systems, up from 256 at the start of the game in 3300.

Entirely due to the work of Alliance CMDRs.

Congrats to all Alliance groups on the retaking of Gateway.
Ah yes that makes sense, the fight for Gateway was a good party. Everyone got together really and had a good time. Hope to do it more in the future.

Flat Galaxy Society Combat forces successfully overcame a war in Awonai today. The result was Democratic control of White Market & the system on the part of Flat Galaxy Society! We have secured the freedom of another 7.3 billion inhabitants from a independent dictatorship!

I believe this system puts us on the top 10 largest governments by population under it's jurisdiction. Population under Flat Galaxy Society's democratic authority is currently about 43.16 billion per Mangal's fine BGS reporting as of early November.
Hello BGS data geeks...

My apologies for the slight delay - IRL work puts my Elite activities under pressure these days, but here it is: October's data sheet.

Source: https://imgur.com/gallery/Y6NHtAb

I want to take the opportunity to thank our friends over in The Intergalactic Astronomical Union. This group of scientific focused explorers is dedicated to peaceful scientific and exploration endeavors. They provide a safe space for their members and allies. They have a love for sharing their discoveries with the entire ED community as well as being transparent as possible about it. They are explorer scientists.

For us BGS folks that are huddled in the bubble spreading democracy, explorers like IAGU are important, their data is valuable. Recently, one of their commanders returned to the human bubble after a long expedition. This commander passed through our systems, sharing their findings and discoveries with our systems. This data contributed to the peaceful transition of nearly a dozen stations within Flat Galaxy Society's democratic hegemony.

We look forward to cooperating in the future, I hope each group gets to take part in expeditions together soon!.

additional group info:

For more information visit:
Wiki: https://elite-dangerous-iau.fandom.com
EDSM: https://www.edsm.net/en/guilds/summary/id/79/name/Intergalactic+Astronomical+Union
Discord: https://discord.gg/2Qq37xt
EDMC Plugin: https://github.com/Elite-IGAU/ATEL-EDMC/releases

Always, FGS's discord and community information is available on our OP & on our Inara.

Last edited:
Today Flat Galaxy Society passes a major milestone! We have transitioned our 90th station into our governments hands.

Knapp station in Awonai was transferred to FGS control as of this morning's tick.

Top Bottom