Fleet Carrier Beta begins today!

Brilliant video, sums up the feelings of pretty much most players i think. Only around 5% can afford one to start with, nobody in their right mind would want to grind for the upkeep, certainly not in its current form at least. Clearly designed by people who don't play the game lol. Bring on beta 2 now please, so we can have a look at the revised costings, need a good laugh

TY Frontier ...

I have enough to pay for and maintain this fleet, i am easily part of the 5% ,i can gain 600M / day easy but I'm going to let the other players spend the next thousands of hours on ELITE. It's decided, you managed to disgust an anti fan boy from Star Citizen to play a Star Citizen (it's a feat.).

if you want your players to get involved, be able to offer fun gameplay.
  • Already that you do not do much in 3D production on the game. The fleet did not deserve a command post like for the ships ??
  • You nerf this game since many years ...
  • You do not speak clearly of your projects as if you were afraid of revealing your masquerade in broad daylight.
  • That you are afraid of transactions between players.

After 6, 7 years of play, I understand, Elite Dangerous is only a small player. You have many players ready to put hundreds or even thousands of euros on your game and you, after two years of waiting ??? Your Fleet carrier is ridiculous and stupid.
I would not lie by saying that I want to shed a tear internally because I gave my confidence and liked a game which does not like its players.

Mr. Braden, your Developers are geniuses. With your ingame mentality, I wish you good luck for the future.

I prefer to spend thousands of euros on Star Citizen than to spend 1 euro or additional minutes on a sanitized game.
You can keep your fleet carrier, and put it in the trash with the CQC, MULTICREW and STUPID STORY

I did not come to ELITE to be a SPECTATOR but an ACTOR

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEwIeZITARQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Did they seriously not give us money to test the carriers?
Yes they seriously did not give us any funds to test the carriers. The reason, from what I've heard and what makes the most sense so far is that if too many Commanders have Fleet Carriers and jump to the same system the servers will crash.

Fleet Carriers should be only for Squadrons, not individuals, except when they announced that everyone (well, not everyone, because I didn't complain) said that wasn't fair. Think about that. "FAIR". So now it's "FAIR" that FCs cost so much that very few can afford it, fewer will want to support the costs, and it will die the Gnosis death.

They could have made Fleet Carriers for Squadrons, and smaller "Support Carriers" for individuals. But gee, that would take time and effort; obviously something the idiots in charge can't (or won't) do.

I can only shake my head now, where as before, when the Beta started, I was furious. But I am becoming immune to the idiocy of FDev. I'm starting to look at other games to play. Sad, since I was so happy to find this game 2 years ago...

Yes they seriously did not give us any funds to test the carriers. The reason, from what I've heard and what makes the most sense so far is that if too many Commanders have Fleet Carriers and jump to the same system the servers will crash.

Fleet Carriers should be only for Squadrons, not individuals, except when they announced that everyone (well, not everyone, because I didn't complain) said that wasn't fair. Think about that. "FAIR". So now it's "FAIR" that FCs cost so much that very few can afford it, fewer will want to support the costs, and it will die the Gnosis death.

They could have made Fleet Carriers for Squadrons, and smaller "Support Carriers" for individuals. But gee, that would take time and effort; obviously something the idiots in charge can't (or won't) do.

I can only shake my head now, where as before, when the Beta started, I was furious. But I am becoming immune to the idiocy of FDev. I'm starting to look at other games to play. Sad, since I was so happy to find this game 2 years ago...

Every tom and harry that cashed in on void opals and milked the system now get fleet carriers... hmmmmm

l1bgmsk.png

everyone else you get the runner up prize in ED full of engaging content and emerging gameplay, oh wait i'm just kidding you get...

tenor.gif

i agree with yammicks video, especially the farting noises i think they express my feeling of fleet carriers perfectly!

Last edited by a moderator:
to get to the other side.

Wind is caused by a difference in pressure from one area to another area on the surface of the Earth. Air naturally moves from high to low pressure, and when it does so, it is called wind.

Generally, we can say that the cause of the wind is the uneven heating of the Earth’s surface by the Sun. The Earth’s surface is made of different land and water areas, and these varying surfaces absorb and reflect the Sun’s rays unevenly. Warm air rising yields a lower pressure on the Earth, because the air is not pressing down on the Earth’s surface, while descending cooler air produces a higher pressure.

But there are many other factors affecting wind direction. For example, the Earth is spinning, so air in the Northern Hemisphere is deflected to the right by what is known as the Coriolis force. This causes the air, or wind, to flow clockwise around a high-pressure system and counter-clockwise around a low-pressure system.

The closer these low- and high-pressure systems are together, the stronger the “pressure gradient,” and the stronger the winds. Vegetation also plays a role in how much sunlight is reflected or absorbed by the surface of the Earth. Furthermore, snow cover reflects a large amount of radiation back into space. As the air cools, it sinks and causes a pressure increase.

And wind can get even more complex. Some parts of the Earth, near the equator, receive direct sunlight all year long and have a consistently warmer climate. Other parts of the Earth, near the polar regions, receive indirect rays, so the climate is colder.

As the warm air from the tropics rises, colder air moves in to take the place of the rising warmer air. This movement of air also causes the wind to blow. It’s a dynamic, complex mechanism, which is why weather forecasting is not quite a precise science.

therefore the woods are not immune from wind, but problem is it's not the answer we're looking for.

"to get to the other side." is indeed the answer we're looking for much like small seismic charges is the answer we're looking for, written in the patch notes soon™

I play this game since it´s launch, December 2015.
Now looking to an improvement desired by the community as a mater of having or have not funds, makes me very very sad.
Simply put, shouldn´t someone allowed to fly such big ships be qualify by his/hers careers?
Triple Elite should be the FIRST mandatory prerequisite to get access to these vessels!

I play this game since it´s launch, December 2015.
Now looking to an improvement desired by the community as a mater of having or have not funds, makes me very very sad.
Simply put, shouldn´t someone allowed to fly such big ships be qualify by his/hers careers?
Triple Elite should be the FIRST mandatory prerequisite to get access to these vessels!

Even worse
Triple elite first
Then a new ranking with fleetmaster as last and highest rank
Then it should cost arround 40 bill
No upkeep
No startup timer
Cooldown from max 15 min

You find this Extreme ?
Good thing cause this should be an exlusive ship and not something you can obtain after 5 days playing with some friends.

Only triple Elite?

I've played the game like many others since release (as mentioned above that was 2014, not 2015) but because I'm not really interested in grinding combat rank, the end game content is off limits for me? Similarly combat players who would never despite thousands of hours want to get exploration Elite would be prevented from getting a carrier?

No.

(incidentally, I dont want a carrier, but still. No.)

Just a side note, please don't misunderstand as an 'argument' but the final game was released for Windows in December 2014 (not 2015 as you say), for macOS in May 2015. (Pre-release test versions had been available to backers since December 2013)
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_Dangerous

I basically think the same, yes.

Contrary to what most modern players think, good design should never be dictated by the wishes of the majority of players. Even if at first glance it looks like the only way to (commercial) success, it is not a viable concept and will take its toll in the long run. And since Elite Dangerous is a game that is designed with very long development and durability in mind, such a short-sighted approach would be completely wrong. It would at best serve the locusts (with a few exceptions), who will move on after a short time anyway (although they are currently the noisiest), and at the same time it would be a slap in the face for most long-time loyal followers.

I say this from the point of view of a long-time player who could certainly afford one. Whether I will actually buy one is still very much up in the stars (I am not really convinced of the concept yet). I'm just saying this so that no one will think that I'm only after my own advantage. Whenever it's good for the game, I'm always prepared to put my own demands aside. I promise! :)
you see, I carefully avoid words like "all", since there are always exceptions in larger communities...
Basically, I agree. Best art is made by artists - not the audience. Then again, if the audience hates what they get to see, it's a one-way trip to heck just as well. Especially in "laive sörvice" models.

Yeah, Fdev just can't make something grindy enough. Thanks for the suggestions on a grindy way to a grindier grind.

Yeah, no

Top Bottom