Fleet carrier decommissioning demystified; and the mistakes in the in-game Codex

I've never really found a way for a carrier to earn its own upkeep, but I did spend a couple of weeks mining tritium, then set it to sell to other CMDRs in Colonia - that netted me 2 billion credits, which should pay for upkeep for over 2 years into the future.
I know that I might not get it to earn 100% it's upkeep, but just getting close enough without me worrying that I need to get back online to earn like 1 billion credits in the next 7 days or so. Again, I do like to get one, but I feel just like I never would be able to keep it running before it needs to get decommissioned again

I made about 10 million per hour today just scanning plants, that's quite a low per hour rate compared to some other activities but I was having a restful day. In two hours I earnt enough to keep the carrier running all services for a week, and over the afternoon I earnt enough to run it for a month.

To be honest once you get above a certain number of credits, they largely seem to roll in in huge numbers without much effort - most Commanders who own FCs seem to find this, I think. There are huge payout missions which don't take too long, as well, once you have decent ships. You will need about 7 billion to buy and fit out a carrier satisfactorily though, unless you want it "bare bones". Then again with a Federal Corvette costing the best part of a billion to fit out decently the FC is a bargain.

I made about 10 million per hour today just scanning plants, that's quite a low per hour rate compared to some other activities but I was having a restful day. In two hours I earnt enough to keep the carrier running all services for a week, and over the afternoon I earnt enough to run it for a month.

To be honest once you get above a certain number of credits, they largely seem to roll in in huge numbers without much effort - most Commanders who own FCs seem to find this, I think. There are huge payout missions which don't take too long, as well, once you have decent ships. You will need about 7 billion to buy and fit out a carrier satisfactorily though, unless you want it "bare bones". Then again with a Federal Corvette costing the best part of a billion to fit out decently the FC is a bargain.
I know some missions that give a huge pay out and that doesnt take long and giving a huge risk of failure. Like the data transfere from Sol to Hutton Orbital, if they are still around, which I think can pay me around a million per mission. Obviously, I only take those when there is enough to make the trip useful. Because you know. The huge travel time in system.

But I will wait to see if I get enough credits to just buy one (Around 161 million credits right now) But currently Im on a huge travel to explore, with the goal of going towards the center of the galaxy

But I will wait to see if I get enough credits to just buy one (Around 161 million credits right now) But currently Im on a huge travel to explore, with the goal of going towards the center of the galaxy
Have an enjoyable voyage!! You could well get several hundred million from planet scans during your exploration. Wishing you good discoveries!

Have an enjoyable voyage!! You could well get several hundred million from planet scans during your exploration. Wishing you good discoveries!
Thank you :D And I know that it isnt much but will add up in the end, but I only gonna scan the planets will give me the most credits. Like earth worlds and water worlds and so on

Thank you :D And I know that it isnt much but will add up in the end, but I only gonna scan the planets will give me the most credits. Like earth worlds and water worlds and so on
Yes, Terraformable High Metal Content were the biggest money-spinner for me as they were most common, yet still high-paying.

Top Bottom