Fleet Carrier Depot Should Have Tritium Storage

If I want to store tritium on my FC above and beyond what the FC carrier holds in its "fuel tank", I have to either store the tritium in one of my ship's cargo bays or else sell it to my FC's commodity market. I bet most people do the latter. This is stupidly awkward as I have to "sell" the tritium I want to store to the commodity market and then later "buy" the tritium from the FC's commodity market to transfer it to the FC fuel tanks, store it on a ship with cargo space, then "donate" it to the tritium depot. I have to do this more than once as my cargo ships only hold relatively little compared to the FC's fuel tanks.

I think this is typical FDev "questionable design" and so needs to be pointed out as such.

I think a more sensible design would allow the FC to have an independent cargo bay(s) that is shared with the commodity market and whatever else (in this case, a tritium storage) and that allows a simple procedure for transferring the tritium from storage to the FCs fuel tank (tritium depot).

Apologists and white knights have your fun.

You don't have to use the market, there is a "Transfer' facility on your ship's Inventory tab (top right). Only for the Carrier owner though.

But you still have to use a ship to transfer fuel from cargo.

Yes lets all be white nights and tell you how you can already do exactly what you want!

Starting off a thread with a combined insult isn't a good idea, specially when you are wrong.
And leaving a throwaway comment isn't a good idea, especially when you didn't read more than the first paragraph of the OP carefully

If I want to store 5k tons of tritium in my carrier for future use (more than any of my cargo ships can hold at any one time), then I should be able to do that. Instead, I have to hold it in one of my cargo ships (or do the whole commodities market thing in the case of large amounts like 5k). A transfer button from my cargo ship's inventory is irrelevant.

Perhaps I should have added "boneheads" to the combined insults. Or else your white knighting blinds you.

Last edited:
You don't have to use the market, there is a "Transfer' facility on your ship's Inventory tab (top right). Only for the Carrier owner though.

But you still have to use a ship to transfer fuel from cargo.
At least you can read unlike some of the knee-jerk white knights.

Yes, that transfer button makes things a bit easier when transferring tritium from my cargo ship (say, a Type 9) to the carrier. That's swell, but that's not the point.

I think I should be able to store up a large reserve of tritium for later use, say 5k tons. A "Transfer'-facility-on-your-ship's-Inventory-tab doesn't help. A Transfer button from the carrier's storage to its fuel depot would do the trick, however.

Yes, this would be equivalent to just having a larger tritium depot. But that's basically how the commodities market is being used by nearly everyone vis-a-vis tritium storage. You apologists probably support that use of the commodities market with your don't-change-by-game-whaaah arguments, so why not make it easier and more sensible?

Last edited:
I mean, he's not wrong.
The whole artificial distinction between cargo bay and depot is stupid.
I read lots of complains you can't transfer from cargo to depot if you're not on your carrier.
That's neither intuitive nor useful for remote operation.

At least you can read unlike some of the knee-jerk white knights.

Yes, that transfer button makes things a bit easier when transferring tritium from my cargo ship (say, a Type 9) to the carrier. That's swell, but that's not the point.

I think I should be able to store up a large reserve of tritium for later use, say 5k tons. A "Transfer'-facility-on-your-ship's-Inventory-tab doesn't help. A Transfer button from the carrier's storage to its fuel depot would do the trick, however.

Yes, this would be equivalent to just having a larger tritium depot. But that's basically how the commodities market is being used by nearly everyone vis-a-vis tritium storage. You apologists probably support that use of the commodities market with your don't-change-by-game-whaaah arguments, so why not make it easier and more sensible?
Ahhh I get ya, like in the budget screen on the carrier management menus where you can set how much money you've set aside for upkeep (as a %age), but for tritium stores? That's actually a bright idea

Beware the reverse I watched almost my entire FC stock disapear before my eyes (19000T) only to have FD effectively say Id sold it , including a ton of rares and engineer unlocks and 500T of LTD,s and that was while my FC was open to Squdron and friends perhaps five people, It then happened a second time same line from FD while attempting to say it had been looked into in detail , there were no details though to specific questions

They just replyed again saying my suggestion to tranfer me to my destination (as an easy solution)isnt their policy no one had looked to see I was already there lol

There are bugs that can literally do anything and perfect denial from the powers that be much like RL I suppose

My FC though I love dearly and I dont mind transfering only the chance of loosing every thing

So apart from the OP not understanding how the carrier works, he or she would actually just like a larger main tank. Something we asked for repeatedly, something the devs chose to ignore. Apart from getting extra mass free storage from say a 5000 tonne tank (could almost get you to Colonia) I genuinely can't see any reason why the devs would think upping the tank would be a bad idea. It's not like we can sell the fuel from the tank.

Another thing I have never understood, considering the sheer size of these beasts, why is the overall tonnage so low. It is like another Anaconda. 25,000 tonne capacity is tiny for an ocean going bulk freighter, these things dwarf real world bulk carriers.

Give us a 1000 tonne main tank, 5000 tonne aux tank, 50,000 tonne cargo storage. Chances of it happening are somewhere around 0% - 0.0000001%

Last edited:
Top Bottom