Fleet Carrier going to Colonia

Fleet Carrier "Waterhole 3" V1V-B5N
Depart Kappa 12:00 UTC (noon) Thursday 25th November 2021.
Arrive Colonia area and initially orbit
Ogmar A3. Whirling Station (Corolis) nearby.
8.62 ly from Colonia

Return, to be confirmed, but subject to change.
Provisionally
Thursday 27th January 2022.

There will be no jumps 00:00 UTC to 08:00 UTC for the duration of the journey.

If any CMDR wants to go along for the ride, no booking is required. Access will be available to all, even those with notoriety.

Steve 07.

I will be flying my carrier from Colonia to the bubble starting tomorrow (15th November). Q2Q-TVB is the carrier ID, inara link here shows the current location:

https://inara.cz/station/233227/

I will rename the carrier to 'Colonia to Bubble' or similar.

Currently it's called 'Sag-A to Colonia' for obvious reasons, and I'm still 5 jumps out from the nebula.

Fleet Carrier "Waterhole 3" V1V-B5N
Depart Kappa 12:00 UTC (noon) Thursday 25th November 2021.
Arrive Colonia area and initially orbit
Ogmar A3. Whirling Station (Corolis) nearby.
8.62 ly from Colonia

Return, to be confirmed, but subject to change.
Provisionally
Thursday 27th January 2022.

There will be no jumps 00:00 UTC to 08:00 UTC for the duration of the journey.

If any CMDR wants to go along for the ride, no booking is required. Access will be available to all, even those with notoriety.

Steve 07.
Thanks for noticing (y)

I'm propably gonna come along :)

Thanks for noticing (y)

I'm propably gonna come along :)
It is an ideal opportunity for anyone wanting to avoid the engineer grind in the bubble to obtain modifications such as night vision. That is why my alt CMDR is going there, to unlock the engineers and add modifications.

Steve 07.

It is an ideal opportunity for anyone wanting to avoid the engineer grind in the bubble to obtain modifications such as night vision. That is why my alt CMDR is going there, to unlock the engineers and add modifications.

Steve 07.

Yep, unlocking the Colonia engineers was pretty easy. I found loads and loads of power restore missions to gather the data required, and enjoyed taking an Apex to each one. The settlements look great under the star-filled Colonia night sky, too.

Now I'm heading back with my Mav + night vision, and I just wish pinning Odyssey engineer blueprints had made it into the last update.

I do not know the answer to your question, but a specific question on the forum might prompt an answer.

What I was thinking of, for at least part of the journey, was deploying an exploration ship from the carrier and racing to the next carrier jump destination. I would only honk in each system visited and move on. When I catch up with the carrier, dock, refuel, set the next carrier jump in motion and head off in my exploration ship again. This is likely to need about 12 jumps using an exploration ship with a jump range of about 50ly.

My aim would be to have exploration data to sell at a station controlled by the Colonia Council and increase my reputation with them for the Baltanos engineer unlock.

Steve 07.

What I was thinking of, for at least part of the journey, was deploying an exploration ship from the carrier and racing to the next carrier jump destination. I would only honk in each system visited and move on. When I catch up with the carrier, dock, refuel, set the next carrier jump in motion and head off in my exploration ship again. This is likely to need about 12 jumps using an exploration ship with a jump range of about 50ly.

This is what I do, sometimes sending the carrier 2 jumps ahead.

Re the 'system exploration' as a passenger on a carrier ... if you're logged in when the carrier is in a new system, you should 'discover' the system. If the carrier has cartographics you can find out by trying to sell the data. (When selling to a carrier it doesn't have to be 20 ly from the system you scanned.)

If you're not logged in, you won't discover anything.

This is what I do, sometimes sending the carrier 2 jumps ahead.

Re the 'system exploration' as a passenger on a carrier ... if you're logged in when the carrier is in a new system, you should 'discover' the system. If the carrier has cartographics you can find out by trying to sell the data. (When selling to a carrier it doesn't have to be 20 ly from the system you scanned.)

If you're not logged in, you won't discover anything.
Hi CMDR, when do you plan to arrive within the bubble?

I will be flying my carrier from Colonia to the bubble starting tomorrow (15th November). Q2Q-TVB is the carrier ID, inara link here shows the current location:

https://inara.cz/station/233227/

I will rename the carrier to 'Colonia to Bubble' or similar.

Currently it's called 'Sag-A to Colonia' for obvious reasons, and I'm still 5 jumps out from the nebula.

Just an FYI - departure pending. There's a Cmdr rushing to Colonia from SagA so he can hop on board for the ride home to the bubble, stashing another ship along with his exploration vessel.

At this stage I'm looking at departing the Colonia system around 5pm UTC, jumping for around 6 hours until I sign out for the night.

Hi CMDR, when do you plan to arrive within the bubble?
I'm going to do 6 hours of jumping tonight, which will take me through to 6am my local time. Then a break for 7-8 hours, followed by continuous jumping tomorrow until I get back.

The only variable is this commander who is trying to get back to Colonia to join the carrier. He's at work and can't sign in and start his speed run until later tonight.

I'm currently streaming my game (cmdr_sighman on twitch) in case anyone wants to keep an eye on my progress. Right now I'm gathering some materials around Colonia to upgrade my Artemis to G4 and add jumping and sprint mods.

I'm going to do 6 hours of jumping tonight, which will take me through to 6am my local time. Then a break for 7-8 hours, followed by continuous jumping tomorrow until I get back.

The only variable is this commander who is trying to get back to Colonia to join the carrier. He's at work and can't sign in and start his speed run until later tonight.

I'm currently streaming my game (cmdr_sighman on twitch) in case anyone wants to keep an eye on my progress. Right now I'm gathering some materials around Colonia to upgrade my Artemis to G4 and add jumping and sprint mods.
Thanks a lot

Planning on leaving Colonia shortly. Just handing in a few missions, then I'll start the first jump.

I'll rename the carrier: 'Colonia to Bubble' Q2Q-TVB is the ID.

Okay, after an overnight break while my Cmdr got a nap, I've started jumping towards the bubble again. Arriving in Gru Hypue MH-O b50-12 shortly.

For some reason, when I programmed the jump there was a 25 min countdown. I assume the servers are busy or something.

Just in case you were wondering, Waterhole 3 will have the Universal Cartographic's open for business for the journey.

Anyone who hopped onto my carrier - I'm just 4 jumps outside the bubble now.

Feels like the last time I flew to the UK from Australia and spent 22 hours on a 747, and I'm about as jetlagged.

Waterhole 3 departs in a week.

Hope those that want to go are gathering useful materials to take along and make things easier in Colonia.

Steve 07.

Three day warning!

Fleet Carrier 'Waterhole 3' departs departs Kappa system outbound for Ogmar at noon, 12:00 UTC 25th November 2021.

Steve 07.

Top Bottom