Fleet Carrier Hydrogen Bomb

No. You can sell and buy in your own carrier. No problem.

I was trying yesterday this technique and it was very slow to put the buy and sell order in the carrier. At the end, it was slower than going to other station.
Yes, you can buy and sell goods. But when carriers were only planned, the FD talked only about the transfer of goods. They made it possible to sell the goods to themselves and buy from themselves. Somehow it is not logical.

So it appears it does work. But to what extent I dont know. All I know is that the controlling faction dropped 6% in a 15 Mil pop system after 4 cutter loads.
Did you followed the sequence described in tje the first post, do you?
4 times 4x180t?

Did you followed the sequence described in tje the first post, do you?
4 times 4x180t?
I did 4x180 and I did selling in intervals of 250,000 credit per transaction loss. I am going to do 180x4 to 2 different stations today that have 15 mil pops to see if I get similar results from doing 180x4.
In a 4 billion pop system I am going to do the same to one station and I am going to sell at a gain to another.

Last edited:
That's pretty effective. How long did that take ? 20-30 mins?
Potentially yes. But it took me hours last night since I was doing ALOT of reading up on transactions last night since there really isnt a for sure way on how they work from what I can find.
also carrier position really helps. If its a straight line to the station then obviously it goes quicker. But for half of last night my carrier was almost on the opposite side of the planet.

Last edited:
Ah, I'm glad this thread has come back to life. Now that the LTD gold rush seems to be at an end, I suspect there's going to be a lot of carriers in the bubble looking for other uses, and it would be nice to figure out what are the good ways to use them for BGS purposes.

Confirmed, it's still working.
Trading at a loss from a FC seems to work pretty much as the reverse of trading at a profit. At least in low levels before any possible bucket sizes are considered

I will let each person decide how that works, i have yet to see published instructions that are consistent with our observations.

Ok I just got done updating my systems. I will post the INF%, What I did, and the difference. (The bomb = 4 cutter runs of 180x4 commodities) all systems except system A have a inara traffic of 0-10 ships.

System A: 15 mil pop. 49% to 42.5%. Was running missions for my faction and did the bomb. Did probably 10 or so ++++ and +++++ missions. So -6.5%.

System B: 16 mil pop. 50% to 46%. Just the bomb. No other missions. -4%

System C: 4 Billion pop. 34% to 32%. The bomb plus positive trade in my station and 2 +++++ missions. Using my carrier to buy commodities in one system (720x4 different commodities) and transporting them to system C gave me a 2% inf increase in system C. So -2% for the FC and +2% for me.

My conclusion?

It works and can be a potentially useful tool. I am personally happy with it since I feel carriers SHOULD influence BGS.
However. A faction with ill intentions can potentially really screw over another with a fleet of fleet carriers. Which IMO is realistic.

A faction with ill intentions can potentially really screw over another with a fleet of fleet carriers. Which IMO is realistic.
I'm pretty sure there is cap to this as with trade. so probably, while it would be nervewrecking to counter a fleet of fleetcarriers hanging over your stations, this would probably create a stalemate of -inf by hydrogenbombing (and other activities) and +inf by trade, but especially those actions of other types, as exploration data, bountyhunting, ...

it's a good tool, especially where you need to reduce influence but have no black market available!

(also it foreshadows the state of "Trade War" which is lurking)

Ok I just got done updating my systems. I will post the INF%, What I did, and the difference. (The bomb = 4 cutter runs of 180x4 commodities) all systems except system A have a inara traffic of 0-10 ships.

System A: 15 mil pop. 49% to 42.5%. Was running missions for my faction and did the bomb. Did probably 10 or so ++++ and +++++ missions. So -6.5%.

System B: 16 mil pop. 50% to 46%. Just the bomb. No other missions. -4%

System C: 4 Billion pop. 34% to 32%. The bomb plus positive trade in my station and 2 +++++ missions. Using my carrier to buy commodities in one system (720x4 different commodities) and transporting them to system C gave me a 2% inf increase in system C. So -2% for the FC and +2% for me.

My conclusion?

It works and can be a potentially useful tool. I am personally happy with it since I feel carriers SHOULD influence BGS.
However. A faction with ill intentions can potentially really screw over another with a fleet of fleet carriers. Which IMO is realistic.

That's good feedback, thank you.

I sit on the other side though, FDev said carriers wouldn't affect the BGS & as Goemon describes this seems like the kind of 'weapon' that would become meta grindy. otoh it's not that different from just flying a cutter from station to station, just a bit quicker (particularly at distant binaries).

That's good feedback, thank you.

I sit on the other side though, FDev said carriers wouldn't affect the BGS & as Goemon describes this seems like the kind of 'weapon' that would become meta grindy. otoh it's not that different from just flying a cutter from station to station, just a bit quicker (particularly at distant binaries).
Like was said earlier its handy for systems that dont have black markets and it skips out the middle man so to speak in finding another market with 4 commodities that you can sell at a loss. It is very handy for those systems that have stations 150,000 LS out! Luckily I havent had to deal with that nonsense yet and dont really plan to.

I dont think it would do much for +inf trades since from my understanding is that inf goes up when you fulfill a demand and not just earn a profit. I could be wrong on that last part though. Never tried the bomb in reverse fashion.

In the end it dumbs down the trade part of the bgs and every squadron will need carriers to fill and/or unfill the trade bucket. You could do neg trading before carriers, but you needed to look around to find the "deals". Now you just use the magic of the carrier to do it for you and then some.

FDev said carriers wouldn't affect the BGS
They were probably answering "will carriers, directly, by their very presence, affect the BGS?" not "can a player use a carrier to make their own BGS effects bigger?", I expect.

I dont think it would do much for +inf trades since from my understanding is that inf goes up when you fulfill a demand and not just earn a profit.
It's difficult to earn a profit on a trade without fulfilling a demand, so it's hard to tell.

I think it probably is less effective, since 5% of GA won't be much less than standard purchase price for most goods, whereas 1000% of GA is considerably more (especially in absolute terms) than you'd normally get. Still, lets you trade things like Gold as if they were favourable Polymers, so you could still get quite a bit of profit off it.

They were probably answering "will carriers, directly, by their very presence, affect the BGS?" not "can a player use a carrier to make their own BGS effects bigger?", I expect.

It's difficult to earn a profit on a trade without fulfilling a demand, so it's hard to tell.

I think it probably is less effective, since 5% of GA won't be much less than standard purchase price for most goods, whereas 1000% of GA is considerably more (especially in absolute terms) than you'd normally get. Still, lets you trade things like Gold as if they were favourable Polymers, so you could still get quite a bit of profit off it.
a) no, it's not complicated to make a profit "without" demand. rares have a demand of 0, commodities produced by station have a demand of 1. i have sold tritium bought for 4k at stations selling for 41k, leading to 36k cr profit (testing the theory that influence gain is down to total profit. sneak peak: it's not). the same you can do with any high priced commodity bought in a favourable state, and sold at a none state station - it will give you a profit at demand 1.

b) the gain by profit per ton looks very much capped out. i assume the same goes for loss per ton. testing needed!

Top Bottom