Fleet Carriers - Beta 1 - Feedback Changes

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Next steps should be the ability to buy ships and modules at a lower cost than the galactic's average, so you can have a benefit while being competitive with the stations.
As well as make NPCs capable of actually using your Carrier so you can get profits depending on the system's population, economy, etc.

Great news! 100% respect from me to the team! I believe you just saved FC’s - and perhaps even the game.

Well this is a good step toward your community Frontier ! Appreciable ! Now you just need to continue like this !

Wow... that's it for me. I am happy will all of that. I don't need more to work with. Now all I need is just some bug fixes.

Chiming in to say - great changes, now this gets me more interested in Fleet Carriers...

Great thing, listening and actually taking the feedback to do changes!

Similar to Bounty Vouchers, a cut of 25% which will be split 50/50 between the Fleet Carrier's bank and the service, will be taken from any data sold on the Fleet Carrier. This means owners will effectively only be charged a fee of 12.5% on their own Fleet Carrier. This service will otherwise be the same as Universal Cartographics services found on stations.
What a surreal rationale for the pricing. If services take a cut why do they charge upkeep? Surely all "profit" for the service should go into the bank and then if the service isn't financially viable a choice can be made based on that. As this works out the service double charges - once by taking an up front cut of all profit and again by charging upkeep for existing.

Can you imagine if this was how shops in a mall figured out how to take a cut of profit and then pay for unit rent?

Or the better option: kill upkeep costs for services as an unfair punitive measure forcing labour to maintain investment in a game. Gameplay shouldn't be about servicing a debt. Full stop.

Last edited:
Greetings Commanders!

Thank you for testing the prototype Drake-Class Fleet Carriers brought to you by the Brewer Corporation. Since the beta's launch, we've been carefully reading and discussing your feedback and are ready to share the upcoming changes. We look forward to hearing more of what you think for the remainder of Beta 1 and in Beta 2 coming next month. All changes are subject to further balancing based on future feedback.

Here are the changes coming this week:
  • The upkeep cost for all additional services will be reduced by 80-90%.
  • Core running costs will be reduced by 50%
Fleet Carriers represent a big investment, with a lot of crew and resources involved. After hearing your concerns, we've reduced the upkeep to a more sustainable level. The total running costs for a Fleet Carrier with all services active will be reduced by a total of 85.5%.

• The debt threshold has been updated in line with the upkeep changes. This means with all services installed, a carrier can go 10 weeks (up from 4) without paying upkeep before being issued a final warning.
This is designed to relieve the pressure of carrier management, leaving more time for focus on other activities. While the debt threshold will be lower, Fleet Carrier owners will have more time to maintain the upkeep costs.

• The total upfront activation costs of some of the more expensive services will be reduced by 35-45%.
Along with the upkeep changes, this reduces the overall outfitting and maintenance costs of Fleet Carriers.

• The time between jumps will be dramatically decreased by only requiring 15 minutes for jump preparation and 5 minutes to cool-down.
More frequent jumps will increase the utility of Fleet Carriers overall, allowing them to enhance the owner and visitors' game-play more easily.

The two changes below will come in the second beta. Additional changes can be expected as more feedback comes in:
  • Universal Cartographics will become available as an optional service.
Similar to Bounty Vouchers, a cut of 25% which will be split 50/50 between the Fleet Carrier's bank and the service, will be taken from any data sold on the Fleet Carrier. This means owners will effectively only be charged a fee of 12.5% on their own Fleet Carrier. This service will otherwise be the same as Universal Cartographics services found on stations.

• Tritium will be made at least 2x more effective as a fuel.
In combination with a reduced preparation and cool-down time, this should improve long distance Fleet Carrier travel.

We're excited to hear what you think of these changes and seeing them in action for the remainder of Beta 1. Thank you for all of your valuable feedback which has helped shape these changes and will drive the rest of the changes made throughout the rest of the beta period. As mentioned above, this next beta will take place in May, and will be available to Xbox and PlayStation as well as PC players.

Thanks again, Commanders!

o7
These are great changes! Any chance we will be able to have bridge view similar to the view we have in other ships? Even if we don’t pilot the FC it would be great to manage it from the bridge while looking out the window and to be able to watch activity around the carrier along with being able to watch the great jump animation rather than staring at a hanger wall.

Thanks Stephen! I was clicking refresh like a madman waiting for your post. lol ;), Now about the price of a fleet carrier is another subject. It's not unreachable but I still think it should be 2 billion (at least.) Though, I had it pointed out to me that British FCs like the Queen Elizabeth costs 13 Billion Pounds. I like the changes!! Keep it up Frontier!
5 billion is fine and achievable.

Thank you very much for listening :)

A few things however:
  • Modules/Ships packs are still sold together and choosing them separately would be much more interesting;
  • The services aren't always very useful or the feature not deep enough.
  • No interaction with your squadron, no one can drop cargo in your cargo hold
  • No one will buy or sell on your FC because there is no way to know what items are the FC selling prior to docking. We need filters for FC and their services/commodities in the galaxy map.
  • No route planner
  • No impact on BGS (through a Fleet Carrier Dock that you can link to a station for example)
We are going to continue the beta hoping to have some additional improvements.
Again, thanks A LOT for these first enhancements to the Fleet Carriers, these are very appreciated <3

More feedback: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/feedback-remlok-french-speaking-communities.541109/

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom