Fleet Carriers - Beta 1 - Feedback Changes

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I look forward to the first "I accidentally shot my FC and now I'm in prison 50k LY away" thread :D

(Hmm, maybe they should let us own FC that act as Prisons 🤔 and let us set the fees to let people out :ROFLMAO: )
Well not exactly the same, but close enough

seeing lot's of "don't pay car tax your car can get towed and scrapped".....fair enough...but what about that sentence is remotely "fun"? Is it fun for someone to suffer hardship and can't afford to tax their car and then see it destroyed? Did they do a dance and whoop of joy becuase of all the "fun" that was?...hmmm?

sorry - it says: "deductions from FC account: 0 Cr - consisting of following single positions... 10 Mio Basic; 3,6 Mio optionals, 4 Mio Jumps", ingame then its 5 Mio Basics, 360 K optionals - a little buggy, as to be expected during BETA ;)
Don't be sorry for my ignorance! But thank you for the translation. 😄

People are complaining about risk of decommissioning but has anyone tallied the upkeep cost when services are disabled by the user?

I pray to GOD FD never ever listen to your type.

For me Elite IS a Single player game, every single mp/mmo based add on has been (for me) a collossal waste of dev time and has not improved the game one jot. If FD didn't faff around with that complete crud and filled the "bones" of the game out a bit more it would be a MUCH better game.
I'm becoming more and more convinced if FD split the game into two distinct games, it'd be better for both sides.

Focus on wings/squadrons/factions & PowerPlay for the MMO game.
Focus on improved missions, progression paths for single-player.
Models/visuals/sounds/game-physics shared across both.

The current path isn't really ideal for either side.

I'm becoming more and more convinced if FD split the game into two distinct games, it'd be better for both sides.

I want improved missions, progression paths in Open too!

To be honest I'd go for that! dangerously close to that "other" game ;)...but sound idea, maybe that's the new era? ;)

• Tritium will be made at least 2x more effective as a fuel.
In combination with a reduced preparation and cool-down time, this should improve long distance Fleet Carrier travel.
Thank you as well as all the others you work with for all the cost adjustments and the upcoming improved fuel effectiveness.

Any chance the FC could carry more fuel though? It would make sense to have enough capacity to travel a respectable distance on a "full tank" instead of having to stop and farm for fuel after a few full-length jumps. We currently get what, 2 hops before refueling? Not exactly what many imagined. I was actually OK with the 1hr start-up but the cool down was ridiculous. But then when you added the short range of the carrier with a full tank, then that was just ridiculous. Correct me if I got my numbers wrong.

For me Elite IS a Single player game, every single mp/mmo based add on has been (for me) a collossal waste of dev time and has not improved the game one jot.
I strongly disagree. The "System First discovered by" feature alone adds something completely new to the game, even if I play/explore solo all the time.

Thank you as well as all the others you work with for all the cost adjustments and the upcoming improved fuel effectiveness.

Any chance the FC could carry more fuel though? It would make sense to have enough capacity to travel a respectable distance on a "full tank" instead of having to stop and farm for fuel after a few full-length jumps. We currently get what, 2 hops before refueling? Not exactly what many imagined. I was actually OK with the 1hr start-up but the cool down was ridiculous. But then when you added the short range of the carrier with a full tank, then that was just ridiculous. Correct me if I got my numbers wrong.
You can carry extra fuel in the FC's cargo storage.

I strongly disagree. The "System First discovered by" feature alone adds something completely new to the game, even if I play/explore solo all the time.
That was in at the start and not an add on, I'm referring to CQC, Powerplay, Engineers, multicrew.

Good stuff is Guardians, Thargoids, Horizons, mining and Exploration overhauls (exploration still flawed IMO).

It can carry plenty of fuel, but mostly in the cargo hold.

We'd like a way to keep the tank topped up automatically from cargo, without having to transfer to/from a docked freighter as a workaround.

I agree with some of the other comments saying that wind-up and cooldown should be swapped. Shorter 5min wind-up gives us better control if we want to get on our carriers and jump somewhere, and with longer 15min cooldown the overall downtime stays the same
Keep up the good work!
Just sucks for any players who might happen to be on your ship. They'll get very little warning to GTHO. LOL

Any chance the FC could carry more fuel though?
It sort of can, it's got a general storage that is shared amongst the market and the services, so I gather with how mine is setup I can store about 15-20k tons of regular cargo, you can easily store more fuel there and just transfer it over to the drive when needed.
Although that requires having a ship as an intermediary, which honestly seems really awkward.

Just adding a button on the tritium fuel page for "transfer from carrier cargo" would sort that.

It sort of can, it's got a general storage that is shared amongst the market and the services, so I gather with how mine is setup I can store about 15-20k tons of regular cargo, you can easily store more fuel there and just transfer it over to the drive when needed.
Although that requires having a ship as an intermediary, which honestly seems really awkward.

Just adding a button on the tritium fuel page for "transfer from carrier cargo" would sort that.
And as far as I can tell you need to be docked also. So no sending your carrier in advance.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom