Fleet Carriers Beta - Xbox Delay

I expect it will be sorted tomorrow, doubt they’ll be fixing it tonight. You’re going to get another night to bolster your bank balance for the full release when it comes in June!

Why is it MS's fault that the publish didn't work? Other games have no such issues rolling out updates to Xbox Live (or not the 7 games I've updated today).

Not the 1st time we've had this kind on issue on Xbox - Horizons anyone? Couldn't even land on planets because the game thought the DLC wasn't installed even when it was.
If you were a dev, requesting your game be published on the Microsoft store, you'd need approval from Microsoft. There is a process to publish it. It takes time. It's not push a button and boom, your game is there for everyone to see and DL. Who knows what really happened. Maybe FDev requested this weeks ago and it was over looked or there was a technical error. All we have is what we're told and we were told it was a publishing issue. Those types of issues are usually on the publisher's side (Microsoft being the publisher).

Last edited:
If you were a dev, requesting your game be published on the Microsoft store, you'd need approval from Microsoft. There is a process to publishit. It takes time. It's not push a button and boom, your game is there for everyone to see and DL.

They had time - you think they just asked MS today?

Again, other developers on Xbox don't appear to have these issues.

Smh, that's not how it works. They did prepare. Why do you think pc and ps4 are playing right now?
Im not arguing that it's not a microsoft error, it may well be. Point is, they had time to do this, months of testing. Theres no way you can say "Okay, the game is ready, launch it and let them enjoy." If it was a microsoft issue, they wouldn't/couldn't of launched the beta code in the first place.

Im not arguing that it's not a microsoft error, it may well be. Point is, they had time to do this, months of testing. Theres no way you can say "Okay, the game is ready, launch it and let them enjoy." If it was a microsoft issue, they wouldn't/couldn't of launched the beta code in the first place.
Not nessaceriarly. Fdev told us way ahead of time what to expect, as you can see here. The fact that it still didn't update despite it stating it was supposed to, again indicates it was an issue on MS's end.

Attachments

• image0-1.jpg
    image0-1.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
I went ahead and did all the troubleshooting stuff again (hard reset, uninstall/reinstall, etc), did get the 20G update along the way which now says 3.7 beta at the home menu, but it now just gives be login failure notices right after hitting "A" at the title screen

I went ahead and did all the troubleshooting stuff again (hard reset, uninstall/reinstall, etc), did get the 20G update along the way which now says 3.7 beta at the home menu, but it now just gives be login failure notices right after hitting "A" at the title screen
They're finally aware of this issue and are investigating.

Top Bottom