ANNOUNCEMENT Fleet Carriers - Content Reveal Announcement

1. I think it's not a bad thing for certain aspects in games (especially online games) to be only acquired through certain methods and/or with certain thresholds.
  2. A fleet carrier that costs 10-15 billion that can only be acquired as part of a squadron (I think it would have been wise that squadrons could only be created and then approved once they had minimum 5-10 members) would have inherently given fleet carriers more rarity, more stature, and a more realistic implementation.
  3. The argument that "I want it too and I'm unwilling to do x, y, z" to get it is the most entitled thing ever. Also, how does your fun supersede my fun, ya know? Working and cooperating with other humans towards a common goal, where you can distribute roles amongst your friends, where you could divvy out commodity dividend percentages to friends, etc., that's way more fun than having a fleet carrier all to yourself. Mengy had a great idea that works for all parties involved. Wish Frontier thought of it...
  1. I agree, in fact it can be quite a good thing depending just how much trouble those methods and thresholds cause.
  2. Well it would certainly increase the rarity of them, stature I see as more related to their capabilities.
  3. Just because it is way more fun for you doesn't make it more fun for someone else, one of the arguments against multiplayer aspects of the game is that it costs extra for one set of console owners which is definitely lower the fun for some of them.

I am now second guessing my interest in fleet carriers.

I just about have the cash to get one when they become available, but now I find out that the Devs intend for their to be upkeep on a weekly basis for them? I don't spend money every week for my other ships, why is this going to be necessary for fleet carriers? I understand that Devs think it is realistic and such a big ship and the benefits it affords should be worth something, but honestly what is the logical reason for this?

I already have a full time job, I don't play games to have another job, I play games to have fun. I really enjoy doing stuff in this game but a lot of the time I put off playing because I know that if I get started that I won't have enough time to do anything meaningful in game because I only have 1/2 hour to play between work and family responsibilities.

This upkeep better be equal to my power pay. Which reminds me, I better go claim my 1000 for the week, just had a 7m rebuy while mining LTD at the triple spot in Borann and I got spawn jumped by 3 pirates at once... and I didn't even have 1/2 a Type 9 full load on me. :rolleyes:

I am now second guessing my interest in fleet carriers.

I just about have the cash to get one when they become available, but now I find out that the Devs intend for their to be upkeep on a weekly basis for them? I don't spend money every week for my other ships, why is this going to be necessary for fleet carriers? I understand that Devs think it is realistic and such a big ship and the benefits it affords should be worth something, but honestly what is the logical reason for this?

I already have a full time job, I don't play games to have another job, I play games to have fun. I really enjoy doing stuff in this game but a lot of the time I put off playing because I know that if I get started that I won't have enough time to do anything meaningful in game because I only have 1/2 hour to play between work and family responsibilities.

This upkeep better be equal to my power pay. Which reminds me, I better go claim my 1000 for the week, just had a 7m rebuy while mining LTD at the triple spot in Borann and I got spawn jumped by 3 pirates at once... and I didn't even have 1/2 a Type 9 full load on me. :rolleyes:

Argument of little weight and value ... you don't know how much the maintenance cost is, you don't know if that maintenance is only active when they are online / offline.

The excuse of real life work is, a false expectation, to move, nobody in frontier forces you to spend all day playing is a personal option.

I can think of several methods your squad can use to purchase one. Several mentioned in previous pages.

Equal opportunity, not equal outcomes.

I can afford several as I made the decision when they were originally announced to make it a goal. I have worked on that since.

It's not I want to own Fleet Carrier - hell, that's the last thing I would ever like. I rather pointed out there are Squadrons that can purchase three carriers right away given their total amount of money BUT nobody in the Squadron can do that alone. Compare it with real life situation in which one man is not able to start a business, but if he gathers two-three more people - their money pool increases considerably and they can start a business as partners.

This is why I think buying Fleet Carrier should not be bought by a rich player only - but also by a bunch of players whose totalled money allows that. So one CMDR can buy his own FC for 5 billion -- but, let's say, eight players can fork up around 625 million each at average. That's why I pointed out there are rich people who can start business right away and the people who need to make cooperative in order to even consider doing that.

Last edited:
Hi Folks :)

I (like so many others) have been giving these fleet carriers some serious thought. I've got enough cash to buy one, but until we see some more in depth info as to how they will function I've been brainstorming different ideas as to how I could use one for my style of play.
Here's my latest thoughts, this will of course depend on how much support I would get personally from the Frontier Dev's....I hope you are reading this Devs ;)
My Carrier could be kitted out as a Mobile Fish & Chip shop Operating from Ross 154. The factions there have assured me I can obtain a constant supply of good quality fish, and of course I can get plenty of Spuds (potatoes) from Sol.
I could also sell Ice Cream.

Anyway, these are just a few Ideas at the moment. When we finally get 'space legs' I could also open up a café on board the Carrier which will hopefully see an influx of Commanders to sample the fine cusine on sale there.....all in all Fleet Carriers promise to be an interestin' concept for me personally. (y)

Any views or ideas, inspirations, and advice welcome!

Jack :ROFLMAO:

A quick question @Stephen Benedetti

When will the stream be filmed? I ask as there will be a point where questions raised here will be asked after its been done. I know we can ask while the video is running, but for those who can't will questions here be answered too?

When will the stream be filmed? I ask as there will be a point where questions raised here will be asked after its been done. I know we can ask while the video is running, but for those who can't will questions here be answered too?
THURSDAY 02/04/2020 19:00PM (BST)
The long-awaited Fleet Carriers are beaming their way on to your screens! Stephen Benedetti, Head of Online Dav Stott, and Designer Luke Betterton will reveal all the juicy details about the upcoming Fleet Carriers in a specially-recorded Fleet Carrier Content Reveal stream (don't worry, we just managed to record this before the WFH situation, in a safe and confined environment!).

@Factabulous

Again missed what I asked- will the devs have a round up of questions asked on this forum after the stream is done? In essence there is a cut-off point where asking (because the stream has been filmed) here is not useful.

Last edited:

Stephen Benedetti

Community Manager

Hey @Rubbernuke,

The stream was pre-recorded before we began working from home, but you will have the Community Team, Dav Stott, and Luke Betterton in the chat to answer any questions. After the stream, we'll be posting a full recap and will be answering any questions that might not yet have been answered up to that point.

Hey @Rubbernuke,

The stream was pre-recorded before we began working from home, but you will have the Community Team, Dav Stott, and Luke Betterton in the chat to answer any questions. After the stream, we'll be posting a full recap and will be answering any questions that might not yet have been answered up to that point.

Cool- there will be a lot of questions regarding security / juristictions / Powerplay that I don't expect answered easily in the livestream or the chat (which I expect to be 'lively').

Top Bottom