ANNOUNCEMENT Fleet Carriers - Content Reveal Announcement

Guess systems will be locked by many carriers :D Because everybody will do so :D
If you choose to put your carrier in a system one jump from the market system it will likely be less crowded and interdiction risk won't go up a great deal unless the market station is far from the primary star. More of a problem is a flood of sales will drive demand and sale prices down quickly.

Yea, I was thinking that, too. I enjoy core mining in my multi-role python, though there could be many better options, it's just what I use - with only 128 cargo space, too. I don't mind, I'm no mega-billionaire and I'd have to put in some time for the FC... but now that is gonna be fun to work towards! And then with an FC, I'm gonna see about maximizing that profit line using that same less than ideal python to continue the fun.

Someone mentioned a ways back the difficulty of finding that one good rock, and ya know, you keep doing it and you start being able to visually ID those worthy of a prospector limpet even when they're showing bright yellow on your scanner... like being able to find those many herbs in the new Red Dead without the sight mode on, it comes in time if you pay close attention... then you just "know" where to find things, or what they look like enough to bother. You get on a roll, and then your only limit is your cargo and how fast you can get back and forth from your newfound gold mine and the selling point. For some people, it boils down to the numbers and watching/reading specific repeatable methods, for others it's all about hands on experience, and for many it's a combination of both.

A game this big, it's no 'cheating' to go online for information, in a sense, this same info would exist in a universe like this anyway, guides on mining, ships, etc. on whatever generation iPad's they got a thousand years later, right? lol

If you choose to put your carrier in a system one jump from the market system it will likely be less crowded and interdiction risk won't go up a great deal unless the market station is far from the primary star. More of a problem is a flood of sales will drive demand and sale prices down quickly.
Not until the tick happens.

Surely the point is not that it’s easily possible to get the credits for a Fleet Carrier quickly via mining LTDs but that it’s only possible to get the credits for a Fleet Carrier quickly via mining LTDs?

Not everyone enjoys mining, Not everyone bought a spaceship simulation game to spend hours shooting at rocks. If “end game content” is going to cost billions, it should be possible to earn those billions - in equal timescales - by playing more than one part of the game.

Surely the point is not that it’s easily possible to get the credits for a Fleet Carrier quickly via mining LTDs but that it’s only possible to get the credits for a Fleet Carrier quickly via mining LTDs?
Surely the point is that one should not be able to obtain a Fleet Carrier either quickly or though ordinary and easily-accomplished means. I dislike doing trade missions, but I did hundreds of them getting to Trade Elite. This took both time and a willingness to pay the dues. Ram Tah's Guardian monoliths mission quickly grew tedious but I didn't abandon it out of boredom, and it put me over the Elite Exploration finish line.

One need not mine a single rock to earn a Fleet Carrier, but one must be willing to accept the additional time it will take, or learn to put up with mining. One way or another it must be earned, and not necessarily in a conveniently interesting manner.

Not everyone enjoys mining, Not everyone bought a spaceship simulation game to spend hours shooting at rocks. If “end game content” is going to cost billions, it should be possible to earn those billions - in equal timescales - by playing more than one part of the game.
Not everyone will have their own megaship.
And this is good.
PS: I have money for it without painite, ceos/stohis/, robigo, diamonds and other goldrushes, just trade, missions, some bh and a lof of exploration (without boost from LYR :) ) after 1 year.
Player X doesnt like mining.
Y doesnt like exploration
Z doesnt like bounty hunting
A doesnt like trade
Different activities=different income, and different amount of time to reach cutter/vette/carrier. Simple.
If carriers are "end game" they should be available after months of game, not days.

Last edited:
Not everyone will have their own megaship.
And this is good.
PS: I have money for it without painite, ceos/stohis/, robigo, diamonds and other goldrushes, just trade, missions, some bh and a lof of exploration (without boost from LYR :) ) after 1 year.
Player X doesnt like mining.
Y doesnt like exploration
Z doesnt like bounty hunting
A doesnt like trade
Different activities=different income, and different amount of time to reach cutter/vette/carrier. Simple.
If carriers are "end game" they should be available after months of game, not days.

I’ve played - on and off - since release on PS4 and have nowhere near the funds required. I agree it should take months of playing, but playing at what level of intensity? To get to the 7 billion (or whatever it is) to be able to afford one, plus retain some for upkeep, plus keep some rebuys for your ship, etc, etc without mining, you must have been booking it for that year?!

IMO, FCs should bh cheaper and mining should pay far less. I can’t help but think the only reason FCS cost what they do is because mining pays so much they had to prevent people getting them within hours of starting a new game.

I’ve played - on and off - since release on PS4 and have nowhere near the funds required. I agree it should take months of playing, but playing at what level of intensity? To get to the 7 billion (or whatever it is) to be able to afford one, plus retain some for upkeep, plus keep some rebuys for your ship, etc, etc without mining, you must have been booking it for that year?!

IMO, FCs should bh cheaper and mining should pay far less. I can’t help but think the only reason FCS cost what they do is because mining pays so much they had to prevent people getting them within hours of starting a new game.
3 hrs in new borann = 1.2bil at 1.6 price.
Just go mine the day when u see 1.6mil best buy price. You have 24 hours about, then you can skip mining for a week.
If you completely hate mining, you should not buy FC. As you will be locked to bubble with tritium stations.

Top Bottom