ANNOUNCEMENT Fleet Carriers - Content Reveal Announcement

I don’t see myself ever owning one of these, but I’m excited to see player run mobile bases. There are a lot of vacant regions, and players parking their carriers in those spots and having them function as hubs for trade, refueling, or whatever else sounds neat.

Sorry but this is nonsense. You can make 100m an hour in the game today if that's what you want to do. I'm not saying you should do it, you should do whatever you enjoy doing, but let's not push this myth.
You can only make 100 milion cr per hour doing a single activity (mining). If you want to actually play the game and have fun with other activities you can forget it... And this because the game economy is a complete disaster!

5 billion credits, huh?

Guess I didn't want to check these out anyway. , 5 billion??

I've been playing for 3-4 years now and have never even broken 100 million because I don't have the time to make this game a full time job.

I guess these aren't meant for people just playing the game and are instead meant for the crackheads who do nothing but play this all day everyday.

You coulda put them in a stupid lootbox and I'd have felt less like this update was just not meant for me to ever enjoy. Sucks too, because it sounds awesome.

You can only make 100 milion cr per hour doing a single activity (mining). If you want to actually play the game and have fun with other activities you can forget it... And this because the game economy is a complete disaster!
Nah, wing massacre missions do that amount, too.
But only in a coordinated wing. But it's possible. Propably even more in the right circumstances.

After 2 years of playing at least 3 times a week, I've got 1.4 billion in the bank... and that includes several sessions of VO mining back, just to make money - I admit I never went at it in a dedicated "I-Think-I'll-Watch-Netflix-Whilst-I-Spend-3-Hours-Mining" sort of a way, but I still thought I'd made a nice little wad of cash.

I've no interest in interacting with other players, so I play in Solo.

With FCs costing about 4 times what I gained in 2 years of enjoyable gaming at a level I thought was reasonably realistic for some space traveller, I'm not going to be able to get one. Unless I suck it up and go and do whatever activity makes a load of cash for a few hours, which frankly, doesn't sound like fun. It was tedious enough hunting VOs, (though great fun actually blowing the rocks up).

I would have liked one to carry my little flying circus of ships around easily, rather than having them scattered about the bubble, but they're definitely not aimed at players like me. They seem more aimed at squadrons with multiple players who like the MMO aspect. Which I can understand, but I can't say I'm not really rather disappointed about it.

Oh well, back to enjoying myself in other ways :) For those who can, enjoy the Carriers; they look cool.

Hey @Mengy,

I have seen a couple of people saying that they don't have enough money to purchase a Fleet Carrier and it's worth stating that these huge vessels are a designed to be a massive investment for players who have acquired a large amount of credits. Although purchasing one will allow the owner to customise and manage their Fleet Carrier how they wish, Fleet Carriers are also there to provide services to the wider community, allowing commanders to interact with and utilise in a number of ways.

Whenever we've introduced content to the game, the community has blown us away with what they've done with it, often using it in ways we never imagined they would. Fleet Carriers are going to provide lots of opportunities for owners but also those without Fleet Carriers and we can't see all the ways in which commanders are going to traverse the galaxy together!

For all the details on Fleet Carriers, tune into next week's Content Reveal Stream!
Well, CMDR D8VEH has in its account ... 257,000,000,000 Cr. on February 10.

Source

Is this from a press release, or their interpretation?

edit - pcgamer uses the same persistent debt that eventually exceeds the debt threshold could see carriers decommissioned and sold for parts language, so must be from a fdev press release. Interesting.

What happens to the ship on board. will you loose complex expensive and time consuming engineered ships or will they go to a location nearby?!

Can I permanently loose my rare 101million dollar corvettes from this?

I'm disappointed with my lack of enthusiasm after reading the weekly upkeep maintenance cost. But hey to each his own.
Congratulations for the announcement and I hope you guys have the time to enjoy it at its fullest.

What about some lore, do we get any? Wink wink

Top Bottom