Fleet Carriers: How to make them worth playing and balancing to be no sitting Duck

Don´t won´t the fleet carriers to be another multicrew or cqc experience.

So here what they should do to make them work.

1. Balancing PRICE so ED has the Data shouldn´t be to cheep and shoul´t be to high Price. My personal gues its eather to high noone can afford them or to low cause they wanna sell paintjobs for it. In my Opinion 5 Billion Credits would do the job so i gues 10 Percent of the Vets can have one don´t know the Data so its a poor gues.
  2. FUEL make it not to time consuming (grindy) and let there be a secund oportunity to refuel the carrier over time so 1 or 2 free jumps peer week cause a sitting duck helps noone and won´t be played
  3. LOCATION leet us at least decide in which planet Orbit the stationed
  4. Gameplay: Give the Scenario Missions triggerd from the Carrier, again Gameplay Element insted of sitting duck isues
  5. Allocation - Blaze your own trail balance Base game eg. Cz(bullet spange hulls),Thargoig there is absolutly no way to get the money from like activities like CZ. Blaze you own Trail dosen´t mean to me to be forced mining for money.
Those are the Basic Things to me make them worth playing. Any other "basic" suggestions?

Open to discuss the tips for fdev, hope the listen to community, only if people stay ingame its good for shares, and the more grinding expect dosen´t work nowadays everybody should learned that by now.

Cheers Alex

Last edited:
I agree that fuel grinding would be tedious as hell. No-one would bother to move their carrier and just have it sit there as an extra starport.

You want it to be prices do only ten percent of the veterans can have one? Whst is with this gatekeeping nonsense?

"Hey FD, make it so expensive I can just buy it but people with less than me can't!"

Ugh. How about we focus on pitching ideas that make stuff as much fun for as many as possible?

You want it to be prices do only ten percent of the veterans can have one? Whst is with this gatekeeping nonsense?

"Hey FD, make it so expensive I can just buy it but people with less than me can't!"

Ugh. How about we focus on pitching ideas that make stuff as much fun for as many as possible?

It´s just a gues. I Gues of 10 % of the playerbase not veterans. I think fleet carriers are clearly endgame and so it makes sense like, an A classed cutter is about 800 mil, you can land 6 of them at the carrier so its a realistic price. 5 Bill would be even cheep for it but who knows what they doing.

But nowadays gamer are often "He im new to the game give me the best stuff in 4 hours playtime, else i leave". No challange searched there.

My main fokus is that they not mess up the full think so its useless

Last edited:
I think fleet carriers are clearly endgame and so it makes sense like, an A classed cutter is about 800 mil, you can land 6 of them at the carrier so its a realistic price.

I can fit 1200 bars of gold in a '99 Honda Logo, does that mean a '99 Honda Logo is worth 750 million dollars? Generally speaking a transport vehicle isn't worth the sum of what it is carrying...

1. LOCATION leet us at least decide in which planet Orbit the stationed
  2. Gameplay: Give the Scenario Missions triggerd from the Carrier, again Gameplay Element insted of sitting duck isues

1. The FC should not stand still in a system. Because that's lame. It should appear to move slowly in a certain direction (even if it barely moves). Ideally the player has more control to give orders inside a system so it flies towards certain locations.
2. For Gameplay: they should implement some PVP features. Such as allowing other Squadrons to attack another FC. If it's indestructable then it should be damageable. If the defending or attacking team wins they'll get loot.

@Skippy
Calm down, we call those " Milchmädchenrechnung", so for your Point what should it cost for you? Its only a gues. It´s easy to critzize others, do some one Price which is uncritzizealbe an total mathemathical correct, please! It´s only my opinion you have nothing to attack or defend here.

I can fit 1200 bars of gold in a '99 Honda Logo, does that mean a '99 Honda Logo is worth 750 million dollars? Generally speaking a transport vehicle isn't worth the sum of what it is carrying...

Yeah but you're Honda Logo isn't made out of gold, so bad analogy.

Fleet carrier happens to be a big complex spaceship. Carrying smaller less complex spaceships.
So this is the overriding precedent for making the big spaceship cost lots more than a less complicated and less massive version of itself.
There is also the other in-game precedent where more massive ships cost more than less massive ships. Same with the modules required to operate the big spaceship. Larger equals higher Class equals rising cost.

Basic Suggestion The First - Write off trying to find ways to use Carriers as combat vehicles. They're not.

Basic Suggestion The Second - Strike the word "grind" from your vocabulary. Elite is not a dedicated, high-speed, adrenaline-rush, space-combat simulator. While it's perfectly OK that that is all YOU want to do with it, the rest of us have other things in mind. Just because you sometimes have to actually play the rest of the game to go back to pewping yourselves does not constitute a "grind". It appears to be a "grind" to you because you make it one.

Basic Suggestion The Third - Stop wanting Carriers to be your personal, portable space station. They're not.

That enough?

1. The FC should not stand still in a system. Because that's lame. It should appear to move slowly in a certain direction (even if it barely moves). Ideally the player has more control to give orders inside a system so it flies towards certain locations.
2. For Gameplay: they should implement some PVP features. Such as allowing other Squadrons to attack another FC. If it's indestructable then it should be damageable. If the defending or attacking team wins they'll get loot.

What is it with you people? "should be damageable" "should get loot"...

This is clearly not where FDev are focussing this endeavour.
If it were some kind of extended PvP combat opportunity, then they'd be destructible and more than one would be allowed per instance. Since those things have been ruled out by FDev from the get-go I would myself conclude that Fleet Carriers is not focussed around PvP combat.

Cue the collective "Wah" from the bro community...

Yeah but you're Honda Logo isn't made out of gold, so bad analogy.

Fleet carrier happens to be a big complex spaceship. Carrying smaller less complex spaceships.
So this is the overriding precedent for making the big spaceship cost lots more than a less complicated and less massive version of itself.
There is also the other in-game precedent where more massive ships cost more than less massive ships. Same with the modules required to operate the big spaceship. Larger equals higher Class equals rising cost.

Why do you think a moving landing pad is more complex than a state-of-the-art warship? Also, can we for once just try to make the game fun for people rather than faux-realistic? In NMS you get your first carrier during the tutorial. Why? Because it hurts nobody and allows people to use a fun feature. It doesnt have to be free, but this 'only the 1% should be allowed to have it' mentality too many here have is annoying.

Why do you think a moving landing pad is more complex than a state-of-the-art warship?

Clear yes, as comparised to the real world a Flight Carrier, has even several small ships with them including submarines for example. A flight carrier "group" doest cost simple more as the advanced warship in the world. I would even say a flight Carrier is the most advanced warship.

Carrier Group 6.2 bill carrier alone vs Zumwalt-class destroyer 4,2 bil

Last edited:
Jumps 500Ly in one go?

How much Cr is a BASIC. un-engineered. Corvette? (Plus the effort and time to access one?)
How much is a basic. un-engineered. Python?

Neither are state-of-the-art warships, yet there is a definite scale of costs with these basic ships that begs the precedent be one of mass.
Can a basic Corvette carry 6 Pythons?
With scale comes complexity.

If resupply is too high (grindy), then I suspect most carriers will be static until people get bored and flog them.

That's my concern. I don't mind a little occasional grind, but if re-fueling the beast takes a month of grinding every time I want to move it I probably won't be interested.

I really want something that makes it EASIER to move my fleet to a new location - not harder.

Top Bottom