FLEET CARRIERS - Please ADD UNIVERSAL CARTOGRAPHICS

Post your pleas here. Seriously needed for Fleet carriers.

Hoping FDEV will post here and give their reasoning for not having UC on the FC.

UCforFCpropaganda.jpg

Last edited:
Hopefully enough of the community will sound off and perhaps they will add it. Serious kick in the gut for folks dreaming of an Explo role carrier. Everything else seems pretty cool IMO, just a bit of a dark cloud with this one missing feature.

Does having a mobile hub give too much advantage to strip exploring an area in comparison to a small ship commander? Once you sit in an area you could transmit much faster than a guy who has to go out, collect it all and come back in one go.

That would be an advantage, but as it should be IMO if you foot the bill for a FC. Incentive for folks to put in the work to get one. And if you don't have one - you could sell at another player's FC to claim your systems.

Deleted member 38366

D
Yep, the Bounty Hunting role accepts remote Codex Vouchers - but Exploration Data in the Exploration role is AWOL?

Doesn't really work that way, plus that'd be the only way to have something to cover the operating cost in Deep Space.

Right now, Exploration Carrier Ops would feel more like "rent a Carrier" IMHO.
One hell of a Premium for taking multiple Ships along and having a super-expensive Refuel/Repair opportunity.

Oh, and no more than 500LY per hour (Cooldown) + the Tritium requirement.
These expensive rigs won't get anywhere fast in Exploration, so much is for sure.
Getting such a rig far out into the Black might feel like dragging a 6 ton boat anchor I'm afraid. A very expensive and needy anchor, that is, with very limited Utility.

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed, sealed delivered. Yes please. Absolutely. This should be the core of the "Exploration Role" FDev touted back in August....

Long cool downs and fueling in the deep make Fleet Carriers a terrible choice for explorers. You'd have a better time in a Hauler then this.

Granted, I do like the idea of them and some of the things they have come up with Fleet Carriers though.

I agree. An exploration carrier should have universal cartographics.

And it doesn't give a big advantage against single ship explorers, as you have to bring out the FC out there first.
But it should be not 1:1 transferred into the fleet carrier upkeep budget, that would be overpowered.
A kind of tariff could work, I wonder if something like that would be in game ;)

There is no sense at all in not having Universal Cartographics. They were trailed as having exploration fit-outs available, how is it sensible or even good design to not allow a player to meet their running costs 20,000 LY out in the black by selling their exploration data at their exploration carrier?

Frankly I'm astounded.

Signed, sealed delivered. Yes please. Absolutely. This should be the core of the "Exploration Role" FDev touted back in August....

Long cool downs and fueling in the deep make Fleet Carriers a terrible choice for explorers. You'd have a better time in a Hauler then this.

Indeed. Specifically this one... 😁

Literally one thousandth of the price lol.

Does having a mobile hub give too much advantage to strip exploring an area in comparison to a small ship commander? Once you sit in an area you could transmit much faster than a guy who has to go out, collect it all and come back in one go.
That might be the reason. There's too much thought gone into the carriers to exclude exploration data as a mistake. But there's a lot of explorers not going to be too happy with this, anyway.

That might be the reason. There's too much thought gone into the carriers to exclude exploration data as a mistake. But there's a lot of explorers not going to be too happy with this, anyway.

Are we going to run out of systems? I doubt it. If anything it would stop the situation where you scan an area and don't know that someone already scanned it six months ago as part of a circumnavigation, leading to dismay when you get back to civilisation yourself and realise that half your 'new' discoveries have already been turned in. If they were turned in faster at a carrier parked in the region, they'd already be shown as discovered when you flew through.

Last edited:
Top Bottom