Fleet Carriers - The 5 billion new menu feature

I have to write my thoughts down about last night and how deflated I was by the end of the livestream. I don't really know what I was expecting - but I wasn't expecting that.

It looked like a 5 billion credit new menu feature. It certainly wasn't "exciting new" UI, and the banner feature they mentioned shouldn't have really be plugged as something cool. Most other games tend to have similar things as watermarks in the back of menu boxes and they don't really highlight it lol - it's sort of a given?

I got the impression that the guys from FDev's really did put some thought into this and do genuinely want this to be good, but with the exception of the hyperjump, everything happens offscreen. I think this has been where FDev have lost points all along (Powerplay, Galnet, Wings etc).

This is where those of who want to see the game grow are never really satisfied. Here play with friends but telepresence right next to them, here follow stories that never really took place in game, here we are giving you SRV's but you can only instantly switch into it's seat, here have a 5billion credit new menu options which is a starport light asset in it's own instance.

Maybe we are a bit salty - but maybe we were promised something different when the game came out. Those first ideas about the games direction are hard to shake, a bit like meeting someone for the first time and forming a judgement about them.

The New Era of Elite is really the last chance I see of FDev being able to wrangle all these elements together into something we can EXPERIENCE.

Top Bottom