I found this was to be the issue.
Where can I find the changelog?
The Fleet Carriers Update Beta begins today at 11:00 (UTC)!
Although the Beta will run much like the real game, we ask that you focus on testing all the changes, along with your standard gameplay, to ensure the stability of the build. This will help us to identify and find ways to fix as many issues as possible before the update goes live.
As a reminder...
All issues should be reported to the (Beta) Issue Tracker directly, but if you have any questions, please let us know on this forum thread.
- The Beta runs from the 11 May and will end on 26 May.
- This Beta will be accessible on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- For PC players to take part in the Beta, all you’ll need to do is load up the launcher and select (and update) the following product: Elite Dangerous: Fleet Carriers Update Beta (Horizons) from the 11 May. Once that has been completed, you’ll have access to the Fleet Carrier Beta. If this doesn't appear, please restart your launcher.
- PlayStation 4 players will need to go to https://user.frontierstore.net/fleet-carrier-Beta-key and log in using your PlayStation. Once you have this code you need to redeem it on your platforms store page to download the Beta (this will appear as a different game to the live game, so you will be able to jump into the Beta and into the real game when you please).*
- We'll be updating the Issue Tracker with a
- You will not need to resubmit any of the current issues that are currently present in the Issue Tracker. Any issues you encounter in the Beta should be added to the dedicated Beta Issue Tracker section.
*Xbox players, please read this page.
Good luck on your mission, Commanders.
I find it totally embarrassing, abusive ... I have no qualifications to give my opinion on the 5,000,000,000 that a fleet carrier costs you ... apart. In a BETA version, I have been playing this game since it came out on ps4 ... I couldn't try the previous beta and now .... 5,000,000,000 !!!!!. How do you want us to give an opinion of something that is impossible to prove? ... not everyone can dedicate 24 hours a day 7 days a week to the game. I repeat, I find it embarrassing. I don't know what kind of player is on the elite dangeros path, but at that level, it's impossible.
The weekly offline cost of maintaining FC cannot be considered as an adequate measure on the part of game developers.
FC in the trash.
Besides, you are mining diamonds for three days without saving 5,000,000,000. you get the fleet. then the beta ends and you get absolutely nothing in the game? neither the time you have spent getting them, nor reputation, absolutely nothing! ... I find it embarrassing.
5,000,000,000 !!!!!. How do you want us to give an opinion of something that is impossible to prove? ... not everyone can dedicate 24 hours a day 7 days a week to the game. I repeat, I find it embarrassing
Towards the end of the beta, join us for a BETA BLOWOUT, where Fleet Carriers will be available to almost anyone who has not yet had the opportunity to test them for themselves!
In order to get feedback on Fleet Carriers in an environment that is as close to the live servers as possible, Fleet Carriers will remain at the price of 5bn CR. This is important to make sure we can get as accurate feedback as possible. However, during the Beta Blowout period, Fleet Carriers will be purchasable for 1m CR. We're doing this so that as many people as possible can help try them out and give us feedback, but still enable us during the first week to see how they behave in an environment closer to what the live one will look like.
Just did a fresh install on my Xbox 1 X, 3.7 beta client, all I get when trying to to get past the press A to begin screen is "The game failed to communicate with the authentication server. Please check your internet connection and try again in a few minutes."
Internet is fine, just used it to download and install the beta client....lol.