ANNOUNCEMENT Fleet Carriers Update - Beta 2 - Date Announcement

well i jumped my FC to Borann , man there were loads of FC's there :)
when i tried to get back to my carrier i couldnt get close LOL everytime i jumped i got further away
help

it works if you click the link the tiny link at the bottom
and for some reason u have to be logged in on you tube ?

Screenshot_20200512-065737.png

Nope

OK I have seen the ships but I cannot find a way to actually buy one.
Looks like i will have to wait for the blowout sale thing to actually be able to get in one and have a good look everything you can do with it. I have however landed on one, and it does look good and interactive, just a shame I cannot do anything myself or buy one.

I fulli agree with these 👆

The idea of mining Tritium is not bad per se.
The problem is the quantity required vs. time required vs. ships capacity:

My main concerns and possible solutions:

Purchasing Tritium in the bubble is still a big time investment. You pay for it and you still need to move it 1 by 1 with your ship from the station to the FC. This needs to go!
When I buy it from a station the Tritium should be directly transferred to the FC.
Alternatively it should be compacted (zipped) in bigger canister. So for example 10,000 units of Tritium can be stored in a 500 unit canister just for the transfer.

When I find a Tritium hotspot how many asteroids will have Tritium? If I only get 1 every 3 or 4 (like mining LTD in a triple hotspots) goodbye fun and welcome grind!
The quantity required is excessive compared to the average time required to mine commodities. Not everyone likes mining so when you have to spend hours to fill your tanks doing something you don't like there's no more fun so goodbye ED.
To keep Tritium mining reasonable it should be very common in hotspots. All asteroids should have a yield greater than 20%.
Core asteroids should be way more common. Every asteroid that reacts to the pulswave analyzer needs to have a Tritium core with more than 15 tritium units, so no false positive!!! This is just a waste of time.
1 hour of hard-core mining (so including laser, surface, sub-surface and deep-core) should allow anyone to fill the FC tanks (1000 units).

Fleet Carrier should have a Tritium Fuel Scoop optional module:

When the FC is parked on a planet orbit with an ice ring, the module will refill the FC with Tritium automatically. Slower compared to mining of course. Something that you do overnight or when you don't play the game (rate is 250 units every 6 hours).

New fuel scoop ship module to extract Tritium from ice rings:
this new module requires a big slot (6 for example). To scoop Tritium you need to fly in Supercruise within a maximum range from the ice ring (so very close without falling into it). It requires a minimum speed, so it can'be done in idle mode.

Agree. Frankly I have never found Tritium as a core 4000LY out from bubble. Are you saying you have found it in core?

ok maybe somebody can help me out, I'm logging in through steam on PC - I DO NOT have Fleet Carriers Update Beta 2 on my list, I DO have Fleet Carriers Update Beta so I installed it thinking it will update to Beta 2. When I go into it, it always says Login Failure. I still don't have Beta 2 on my list to install. Multiple reboots, etc haven't worked.

Top Bottom