Fleet Carriers Update - Beta 2 - Patch 1 Notes

Bruce Garrido

Community Manager
Frontier
fleet_carrier_beta_2_patchnotes1920-x-1080.png

Greetings Commanders!

Today brings our first round of patch changes coming to the currently live Fleet Carrier beta. For Xbox players, the patch will already be available and for PC and PS4, the following changes can be expected at 11:00 am (UTC) today:

Fleet Carriers
  • Fixed missing Fleet Carrier names when the number of Carriers in a system gets near the maximum
  • Fixed an issue which prevented Carriers from jumping away from certain systems

Crash & Stability fixes
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when purchasing a Fleet Carrier
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when cancelling a jump
  • Fixed a rare crash that could happen while jumping
  • Fixed a crash when redeeming vouchers on a Fleet Carrier
  • Fixed a crash which could happen when jumping with the Codex open
  • Fixed a softlock when focusing on the Sell panel after filtering away all commodities available to sell

Cockpit UI
  • Fixed players all being listed in the Crew category in the social tab in the cockpit panel

Mining
  • Fixed a bug that would cause any Tritium chunks extracted from subsurface deposits on an asteroid to always contain 30% Tritium

Tutorials
  • Fixed an error when starting the tutorial via PlayGo on PS4

We also have some changes coming to Powerplay that we describe in detail in this post.

Thank you all again to all PC, Xbox and PS4 Commanders for contributing to the development of Fleet Carriers by testing them in this beta! We look forward to receiving more of your suggestions and feedback, and hope those of you who can't afford a Fleet Carrier yet, will join us for the upcoming beta blowout!

o7

Mining
  • Fixed a bug that would cause any Tritium chunks extracted from subsurface deposits on an asteroid to always contain 30% Tritium
I'd still like to see the amount of Tritium you can extract from a Tritium hotspot by laser mining substantially increased.

Edit: I'd be curious to know if any of the devs have actually tried extracting 6-8,000 tons of Tritium (which I believe will be a typical deep space carrier refuel) using subsurface mining.

It would be nice to see subsurface mining made relevant. I just wonder if this is the right place to do that.

Last edited:
So still nothing for inversing the spoolup and cooldown times? :confused:
It's not that hard to do and better than having to wait 15min on the carriers.

So still nothing for inversing the spoolup and cooldown times? :confused:
It's not that hard to do and better than having to wait 15min on the carriers.
Inverting the timers will catch commanders wanting to jump with your carrier unprepared and they will be left behind. Not even 15 minutes is enough time, but since I intend to use my carrier for personal reasons I don't mind. I was actually left stranded once, in the middle of my landing procedure! Luckily it was a short jump.

Inverting the timers will catch commanders wanting to jump with your carrier unprepared and they will be left behind. Not even 15 minutes is enough time, but since I intend to use my carrier for personal reasons I don't mind. I was actually left stranded once, in the middle of my landing procedure! Luckily it was a short jump.
I want to use it for personal reasons too, as some commanders this is why it's better to have 5min spoolup. But indeed i think we also need to schedule jumps for commanders that want to bring people with them ;)

I really hope FD will find the time and human resources to implement a different method to gather tritium than mining, for example star/gas giant scooping. To use mining as a solution to every problem is a bit... I don't know, I feel like I'm forced to use a career I don't want. Besides, tritium in nature is created in the upper atmosphere of planets when bombarded by solar radiation, not hidden in asteroids.

I want to use it for personal reasons too, as some commanders this is why it's better to have 5min spoolup. But indeed i think we also need to schedule jumps for commanders that want to bring people with them ;)
... and ways to interact/communicate with those commanders inside the game.
As far as the spoolup timer, I had suggested that it's used like a charger, so that it needs 15 minutes to charge the jump, after which time you can simply press "Jump" and your carrier leaves instantly. So you can prepare the jump whilst away from your carrier, and when you dock you jump.

I really hope FD will find the time and human resources to implement a different method to gather tritium than mining, for example star/gas giant scooping. To use mining as a solution to every problem is a bit... I don't know, I feel like I'm forced to use a career I don't want. Besides, tritium in nature is created in the upper atmosphere of planets when bombarded by solar radiation, not hidden in asteroids.
I really hope they are NOT implementing star/gas giant fuel scooping - afk gameplay is not gameplay.
At least mining requires some interactions with the game and it also requires a certain degree of skill to be done in an efficient matter - And no, getting 80t per hour in a single hotspot is not efficient.

I really hope they are NOT implementing star/gas giant fuel scooping - afk gameplay is not gameplay.
At least mining requires some interactions with the game and it also requires a certain degree of skill to be done in an efficient matter - And no, getting 80t per hour in a single hotspot is not efficient.
Why afk? I mean scooping with a ship, not the carrier. Besides, you can afk in normal scooping, what's the difference in potential tritium scooping? Give the players the method and let them decide how to use it. I'm not suggesting replacing mining with scooping, just adding it as an alternative. This game is becoming Elite Mining 1-0-1.

Why afk? I mean scooping with a ship, not the carrier. Besides, you can afk in normal scooping, what's the difference in potential tritium scooping? Give the players the method and let them decide how to use it. I'm not suggesting replacing mining with scooping, just adding it as an alternative. This game is becoming Elite Mining 1-0-1.
If you have to play a minigame with a new type of scope it would color the gameplay and get rid of mine-grind. Absolutely no AFK.

Honestly, if someone wants to bring his fleet carrier all on his own from the bubble to Beagle Point he should by all means be able to. But he shouldn't be the measuring stick regarding Tritium mining rates. So please don't swing from "impossible to do even in a team" to "Fuel? There is a fuel requirement?"

In some post people suggested that keeping mining tritium AND adding scooping fuel from stars/gas giant.
The difference would be the efficiency: as mining it is boring it's more efficient than scooping.
With that both playergroups could be happy.

Top Bottom