Fleet Carriers Update - Beta 2 - Upcoming Changes

Decommissioning a Fleet Carrier will now refund the full cost of a Carrier, with the only reductions either being unpaid debt when automated or a static fee for voluntary decommissioning.
This will actually help with clutter because CMDR will not be afraid to decommision unused FC. I don't need it? Just decomission and save the upkeep so there will be only active and used FC in galaxy.

BTW that Tritium reduction is just repeating of previosly mentioned change? It didn't go to half again? In other word to quarter of original consumption?

Wait ... so if enough people (who continue to pay their upkeep) decide to leave their fleet carriers parked in the construction systems indefinitely then new FC purchasers might run into problems with spawning their own fleet carrier?
This should become clear in the Beta Blowout. For the last week of beta1 people were reporting they could not buy FC (maybe because the systems were full), so presumably they want to test that doesn't happen under an even higher load.

There is no reason the FC can't spawn in adjacent systems - you get a message saying where they are which did kinda imply they could appear elsewhere. We will see soon :)

Last edited:
Wait ... so if enough people (who continue to pay their upkeep) decide to leave their fleet carriers parked in the construction systems indefinitely then new FC purchasers might run into problems with spawning their own fleet carrier? 😬

See, I always thought this was a problem ... if you have to decommission unused fleet carriers because there's a performance/capacity problem if you don't ... then basically ... you have a performance/capacity problem (because to stay within the game's limits you're implying that you're relying on some people not paying the upkeep). That sounds to me like an inherently broken design!
Yeah... And why end ownership when removing a carrier from game space? They could as well be reclaimable.
AND, if we had a way to remove them ourselves from game space to not cause any offline costs, there would be a lot less carriers around in total.

• Decommissioning a Fleet Carrier will now refund the full cost of a Carrier, with the only reductions either being unpaid debt when automated or a static fee for voluntary decommissioning.
Thanks for this. It was the #1 deal breaker for me :)

This will actually help with clutter because CMDR will not be afraid to decommision unused FC. I don't need it? Just decomission and save the upkeep so there will be only active and used FC in galaxy.
Also this: If i can back out of ownership at any time for minimal cost I'm more likely to deconsign it rather than just filling up the upkeep for 10 years ahead.

Last edited:
Finally! Fleet Carriers will be Fleet Carriers by default, at least for the owner. Nice move FD.

Some really nice changes, and if we can't have despawn rather than decommision, at least the full reimbursement is a decent compromise.

Now, how about we talk about those offline costs eh? :p

Solid changes but also shows that Fleet Carriers are right about where you want them.

Looking forward to the 1m blowout as I don't have 5bn in the bank yet.

Great news, very welcome changes.

I have a very hypothetical question, so I could accept a very hypothetical answer:
Lets say I buy my FC, fill it up with my ships, and move 10000ly away. I then neglect it or due to RL can't get back to it and it's decommissioned. What happens to the ships stored on it? If I buy a new one and move it to the same star system, do I get 0 credits cost to move the "in limbo" ships to the new carrier?

Very hypothetical, I know, but I'd appreciate if someone could answer.

Now, this is a good list of improvements! (y)
The first beta release of Fleet Carriers was really scary, but this is definitely something I could play with!

Still the upkeep though... Reduce it or remove it completely. The Fleet Carrier could be decommissioned with a timer (not used for 2 months for example) rather than falling in debts.
Could you also create a bridge view to look at the jump animation? Inside the ship is really sad...

Great news, very welcome changes.

I have a very hypothetical question, so I could accept a very hypothetical answer:
Lets say I buy my FC, fill it up with my ships, and move 10000ly away. I then neglect it or due to RL can't get back to it and it's decommissioned. What happens to the ships stored on it? If I buy a new one and move it to the same star system, do I get 0 credits cost to move the "in limbo" ships to the new carrier?

Very hypothetical, I know, but I'd appreciate if someone could answer.
I'd say close to 0, but a small fee. A small fee is there to transfer ships from one starport to the other in the same system, as well as a 5 minute delay iirc.
I would presume it would work the same with FCs.

Top Bottom