Fleet Carriers Update - Beta 2 - Upcoming Changes

I would still wish that there was a bulletin board for missions for factions in which the carrier is located.
Yeah just remote download the mission board from the nearest station. We'd still have to pick up/deliver cargo to the stations. Same for all missions: we could only cash them in at the station from which we downloaded the mission board from.

Last edited:
Thanks for the changes! :)

However, I hold my ground:
  • Modules/Ships packs are still sold together in packs instead of separately.
  • The services lack mechanics and aren't that interesting because of taxes
  • Not tied to the BGS through a station where you can dock your FC in order to influence that targeted station.
  • No interaction with your squadron, no one can drop cargo in your cargo hold
  • No filters to understand and see what are commanders selling on their FCs, where and how much. Plus they want to make profits, so it won't be interesting for the other CMDRs.
  • No route planner

This should become clear in the Beta Blowout. For the last week of beta1 people were reporting they could not buy FC (maybe because the systems were full), so presumably they want to test that doesn't happen under an even higher load.

There is no reason the FC can't spawn in adjacent systems - you get a message saying where they are which did kinda imply they could appear elsewhere. We will see soon :)
Yeah, I'm sure it could be solved by adjusting where they are spawned and even increasing the number of manufacturing systems as need requires.

Greetings Commanders!

We know that many of you are eagerly awaiting the second Fleet Carrier Beta that starts next week, so ahead of that, we wanted to share some of the changes you can expect to see when you jump in to help us test them!

So, let's start with a quick reminder: the next Fleet Carriers Beta begins on 11 May and runs until 26 May. Commanders on PC, PlayStation and Xbox One will be able to jump into this one, and to find out more on how to take part, click here.

Thanks to all the feedback provided to us in the first Fleet Carriers Beta, we wanted to highlight some of the changes you can expect to see in next week's Beta:

• Fleet Carriers will now have Universal Cartographics available as an optional service.
After the feedback from the first Fleet Carriers Beta, we reexamined how Fleet Carriers could be utilised by different play styles. We feel that with the inclusion of Universal Cartographics, explorers out in the black will be able to break new boundaries and launch exciting new expeditions.

• Decommissioning a Fleet Carrier will now refund the full cost of a Carrier, with the only reductions either being unpaid debt when automated or a static fee for voluntary decommissioning.
There has been a lot of conversation and feedback around this, so thank you to all the Commanders who shared their thoughts with us! Fleet Carriers affect Elite Dangerous in a way the game hasn't seen before; they are persistent objects accessible across all platforms and controlled by player Commanders. Due to this, Fleet Carriers require these new systems in order to facilitate them in the galaxy. While Elite Dangerous can sustain as many Fleet Carriers as the community could wish for, there is a finite number of objects that can orbit a single body. Left unchecked, this could become a problem if Fleet Carriers are left in key locations like popular capital systems or near to carrier construction facilities, especially when a recent buyer wants to pick up their new Fleet Carrier. Decommissioning acts as an inactivity system that refunds the initial investment while preventing unused Fleet Carriers adrift in the galaxy. By adjusting the refund amount, we think this will be more in line with your expectations.

• Module and ship storage will now always be available for the Fleet Carrier owner. Shipyard and outfitting services will still need to be purchased to enable visitors to use them and to buy stock for the owner.
After seeing the feedback from players, we agreed that Fleet Carriers should come with these services by default! However, for others to use these services, owners will still need to activate the additional service to provide functionality to visitors as well as just the owner.

• Tritium consumption per lightyear has been reduced by approximately half.
This will directly make Fleet Carrier movement 2x more efficient in the beta. We want to keep monitoring the use of carriers and Tritium during the second beta, but this is our initial step to finding that sweet spot.

• BETA BLOWOUT!
Towards the end of the beta, join us for a BETA BLOWOUT, where Fleet Carriers will be available to almost anyone who has not yet had the opportunity to test them for themselves!

In order to get feedback on Fleet Carriers in an environment that is as close to the live servers as possible, Fleet Carriers will remain at the price of 5bn CR. This is important to make sure we can get as accurate feedback as possible. However, during the Beta Blowout period, Fleet Carriers will be purchasable for 1m CR. We're doing this so that as many people as possible can help try them out and give us feedback, but still enable us during the first week to see how they behave in an environment closer to what the live one will look like.

We're looking forward to seeing what you will do with them (and how many you'll make!).

We'll also be creating a dedicated section on the forums to give a home to feedback, instructions, guides and all things related to the second Fleet Carriers Beta, so please continue to share your feedback with us!

Fly safe and see you in the beta next week Commanders! o7

EDIT: We've closed the Beta 1 section and will be creating a Beta 2 section next week!

it would have been better, if there hadn't been the 2,000,000,000 limit, in the beta.
Thus giving everyone the opportunity to test !!!

I'd say close to 0, but a small fee. A small fee is there to transfer ships from one starport to the other in the same system, as well as a 5 minute delay iirc.
I would presume it would work the same with FCs.
Yes, but this only if the ships remain in limbo and are not automatically transferred to the nearest or most recent landed base.

good adjustments, but without additions ...😔
There will be no bridge or exterior view for the jumps? Come on guys, it will not be so complicated, I think you are missing a good opportunity to dive.
To be honest even if that were being added, it likely wouldn't be in this beta. The changes here are balancing, adjusting values and loadouts behind the scenes. The addition of a new view etc would need more time imo.

To be honest even if that were being added, it likely wouldn't be in this beta. The changes here are balancing, adjusting values and loadouts behind the scenes. The addition of a new view etc would need more time imo.
ok, you may be right, but about the views, come on man, they are already there, just a few small adjustments.

Yes, but this only if the ships remain in limbo and are not automatically transferred to the nearest or most recent landed base.
You're right, it's a bit ambigous - I guess ships will be transferred too, but it's just a guess.

Decommissioned Fleet Carrier

• Any Commanders who have stored modules on the Fleet Carrier will be notified when the Fleet Carrier is Decommissioned.
    • Commanders can still transfer their modules and ships elsewhere during this period.
    • If the modules are not transferred, then they will be moved the nearest starport with the Carrier Construction service, and will require a standard charge for transferring those modules to a new location.

Except the beta blowout where you can buy it at the end to test for 1 million?
you missed my point. I'm not talking about the beta. When FC are live on the production servers, there is no reason for non-owners to use them. Why would I ever go to someone else's FC if everything there costs more because of tarrifs, there's no faction rewards for activity, no missions to take, etc.

• Tritium consumption per lightyear has been reduced by approximately half.

Thank you @Tim Smith, just a quick qestion concerning the Tritium consumption, just to clarify the numbers.
Last announcement it was reduced from 500 to 250 per jump.
Does it mean it has been reduced furthermore to 125 per jump? That would be the perfect number considering the time required by the transfer and by mining it.

ok, you may be right, but about the views, come on man, they are already there, just a few small adjustments.
I agree, I just suspect even if it were going to be a thing, it wouldnt be mentioned yet as it would really need some design as well as coding time.

Top Bottom