Fleet Carriers Update - Beta 2 - Upcoming Changes

Is the ED Open world awash with thousands of commanders who are credit multi "Billionaires" 10,000,000,000+ who are just bored, and hanging around in droves to drop 5 Billion credits, 5,000,000,000 on a fleet carrier? Plus the stocking and upkeep fees? Surely we are looking at min 7 Billion creds startup cost and ongoing fees?

I have been a Commander since 2014 , and only since the CV19 thing have I had the real life spare time to grind for credits and rank to get Elite in trading, an A rated Federal Corvette (which also cost me 200m credits in donations/costs to speed up), and 1.60B credits in the bank. Not sure when mining became worthwhile again, back in the day 2014 mining for Gold in asteroid belts @ 10k-20k a ton was the best and easiest you could do, and no limpits, all manual scooping. But lets say the current situation , the youtube videos, it takes me 3 hours with 192 limpets in a mining Python to mine low temp diamonds to mine, jump 80-200 LY to sell, Jump back, and begin again. Funny who no Youtuber ever mentions the return trip to Borann A2 in their 200 million credits p/h videos.

So at best we are looking at 80m credits an hour,once to have got to 30m credits for a kitted out mining Python, you will have to work 80-90 hours non stop to afford a fleet carrier.

Actually when I put it that way, its 5 days credit grinds at 18 hrs a day, the Galaxy will be a wash with them offering low temp diamond miners safe passage return trip to selling system and back to Borann A2 for 20% cargo cut + limpet and fuel repurchase. You mine 198 tons of low temp diamonds in Borann A2 , dock on my Fleet carrier, i transport you (in open, untouchable by pirates) to the front door of the selling station of your choice, you leave, drop 38 tons of LTD as my fee which i collect with a tank limpet collector ship, we both sell at the station, both dock back in the fleet carrier, and i return you in full safety to Borann A2, you stock up from me with fuel and limpets, and off you go mining again.

Unless...…………….LTD Borann A2 mining is nerfed in the FC update??

What is the problem? Do not buy FC if it is expensive for you. FC should not be available to any player.

Because of players who believe that everything should be available to them cheap, fast and fun-the galaxy has devalued and become boring...this is the result(

Last edited:
Is the ED Open world awash with thousands of commanders who are credit multi "Billionaires" 10,000,000,000+ who are just bored, and hanging around in droves to drop 5 Billion credits, 5,000,000,000 on a fleet carrier? Plus the stocking and upkeep fees? Surely we are looking at min 7 Billion creds startup cost and ongoing fees?

I have been a Commander since 2014 , and only since the CV19 thing have I had the real life spare time to grind for credits and rank to get Elite in trading, an A rated Federal Corvette (which also cost me 200m credits in donations/costs to speed up), and 1.60B credits in the bank. Not sure when mining became worthwhile again, back in the day 2014 mining for Gold in asteroid belts @ 10k-20k a ton was the best and easiest you could do, and no limpits, all manual scooping. But lets say the current situation , the youtube videos, it takes me 3 hours with 192 limpets in a mining Python to mine low temp diamonds to mine, jump 80-200 LY to sell, Jump back, and begin again. Funny who no Youtuber ever mentions the return trip to Borann A2 in their 200 million credits p/h videos.

So at best we are looking at 80m credits an hour,once to have got to 30m credits for a kitted out mining Python, you will have to work 80-90 hours non stop to afford a fleet carrier.

Actually when I put it that way, its 5 days credit grinds at 18 hrs a day, the Galaxy will be a wash with them offering low temp diamond miners safe passage return trip to selling system and back to Borann A2 for 20% cargo cut + limpet and fuel repurchase. You mine 198 tons of low temp diamonds in Borann A2 , dock on my Fleet carrier, i transport you (in open, untouchable by pirates) to the front door of the selling station of your choice, you leave, drop 38 tons of LTD as my fee which i collect with a tank limpet collector ship, we both sell at the station, both dock back in the fleet carrier, and i return you in full safety to Borann A2, you stock up from me with fuel and limpets, and off you go mining again.

What is the problem? Do not buy FC if it is expensive for you. FC should not be available to any player.

Because of players who believe that everything should be available to them cheap, fast and fun-the galaxy has devalued and become boring...this is the result(

This response is what is wrong with this community. I've seen it from far too many on the forums. The most significant content added to this game in YEARS and when people complain about not being able to obtain it, the response is "Well, just don't buy it" or "You shouldn't have it right away anyways".

Understand that many players have been waiting years for this content and, rightfully so, are upset at various factors surrounding the implementation of it. The new content should not be gated by a massive grind. That's just lazy design.

Furthermore, the ability to quickly access the shallow content of the game is not what makes it boring. It's the poor game design. All "progression" in ED is based on how long you keep doing something over and over again. If you're going to make a "create your own adventure" sandbox game, you need tools to be able to build your own fun. Sure, you can't give all the tools from the start, but good game design makes unlocking new tools engaging, rewarding, and fun and not just a test of your ability to do the exact same things over and over again for countless hours.

But, it looks like in your opinion, those that can't access the new content should just go back to doing what they have for years.... apparently the opposite of boring.

Actually I was saying I cant see overcrowding of FC being a problem due to cost, as only a small % of Commanders could afford it. Like i said, up until the CV19 lockdown i have been an on off player of ED since launch month in 2014. And back then it was tough, getting an Annconda without upgrading was a grind pipedream.

There should be no game mechanic that pays more than 10m credits an hour, nothing. But now is easy. I currently play 6 hrs a evening, 2 x 3 hr runs Borann A2 triple hotspot mining for LTD in Solo and walk awy with 500m+ credits an evening. I'm already @ 2.2B now from when i posted was 1.6B. Prior to 2020 it took me 6 years to get 400m + 6 nice kitted out ships with an A rated Python the biggest.

Another 3b to buy a FC will take me 6 days. If they don't nerf mining again when FC Beta goes live update then yes, there will be lots because as I pointed out, it's a 60hr credit grind at worst to get 5 billion.

so i'm summary, keeping ways to make 50m+ credits an hour in game a FC should cost 50b, not 5b, or nerf earnings so nothing makes more than 10m and hour and a FC is a huge achievement.

I they don't nerf mining I would use mine to spam mining even more, cut out the 1 hr 10-20 jump sell return journeys to 2 jumps , 20 mins with 1 x 15m cooldown,

BTW, has anyone yet declared themselves a ED Trillionaire? With screenshot? it's only 1000 Billion, or 200 Fleet carriers worth, no more than about 12500hrs @ 80m credits an hour, just over 2 years @ 18hrs a day.

Understand that many players have been waiting years for this content and, rightfully so, are upset at various factors surrounding the implementation of it. The new content should not be gated by a massive grind. That's just lazy design.

In EVE there are Titans, which corporations save for years, in SC there are ships that cost about $ 900, in CS there are skins for weapons, etc.in any game and even beyond it, there are things that "wait for years". Money is devalued when there is a lot of it and it is easy to get it. It will be the same with FC if they can be easily bought and maintained, they will just become boring and everyone will start crying again "boring", "I'm leaving", "the game is dead" and so on.

In EVE there are Titans, which corporations save for years, in SC there are ships that cost about $ 900, in CS there are skins for weapons, etc.in any game and even beyond it, there are things that "wait for years". Money is devalued when there is a lot of it and it is easy to get it. It will be the same with FC if they can be easily bought and maintained, they will just become boring and everyone will start crying again "boring", "I'm leaving", "the game is dead" and so on.

It is only a problem because carriers are the ONLY new content. If we had gotten the Panther Clipper or Moray Starboat at the same time... :D

Understand that many players have been waiting years for this content

True, I had around a billion and a half from trading, equipped a T9 with 3 lasers the smallest refinery, as many limpets as I could afford.

3 hours mining a week max, more like two(I only mine when BGS states have a port selling above 1.5mill with high demand) The rest of the time I haul cargo and gather mats as usual.

In the space of a few months I have way more credits than I need, my inara logs show all my mining sessions. Anyone talking about having to grind 80hrs at this point is clearly very new to the game. I am willing to bet the devs want newbies to use a carrier, not purchase them.

It is only a problem because carriers are the ONLY new content. If we had gotten the Panther Clipper or Moray Starboat at the same time... :D

I do not argue with the fact that the developers are somehow strange about ED. But if everyone is waiting a long time for a Panther Clipper or Moray Starboat , it doesn't mean that they will have to be distributed to all "waiting" for free, right?)

Deleted member 38366

D
This response is what is wrong with this community. I've seen it from far too many on the forums. The most significant content added to this game in YEARS and when people complain about not being able to obtain it, the response is "Well, just don't buy it" or "You shouldn't have it right away anyways".

Furthermore, the ability to quickly access the shallow content of the game is not what makes it boring. It's the poor game design. All "progression" in ED is based on how long you keep doing something over and over again. If you're going to make a "create your own adventure" sandbox game, you need tools to be able to build your own fun. Sure, you can't give all the tools from the start, but good game design makes unlocking new tools engaging, rewarding, and fun and not just a test of your ability to do the exact same things over and over again for countless hours.

But, it looks like in your opinion, those that can't access the new content should just go back to doing what they have for years.... apparently the opposite of boring.

Well, everyone can "use" them, which was an integral part part of the Beta Testing.
In fact, the vast majority of Players is supposed to use them by design, not own them.

It isn't just another Ship. It's an Asset. In a sense, it's not a tactical Utility as our Ships offer. It's strategic.

Now the leap from "I just purchased a Corvette/Cutter" to "I purchased a Carrier" isn't small - I fully agree.
However, the massively (!!) softened up income hurdles and all the opportunities we got these days IMHO makes this a non-issue.

Now casual Players happily buzzing along might have an issue looking at the cost.
However, that was the exact same in the early days with the Anaconda (there's a reason there's so many "free Anaconda" jokes out there). It was the same when the Cutter and Corvette were brand new and folks were facing a huge Rank hurdle.
It still worked out.

It's the same with Carriers.

And arguably, the experience of owning one and being a guest on one currently isn't even so vastly different (going by Beta2). Heck it's almost identical.

So while I fully agree that alot of Players eagerly look forward to the 1st content update after a looooooooong time... don't sweat it. The Carriers will be there to use.
And on top, they won't run away. Can't afford one right now? There's no hurry. They'll still be there in a few weeks or months.

And by now, anyone >really< serious about it could have >easily< earned all the Credits needed i.e. in Borann or any Double Hotspots.
If after many months of preparation time someone still hasn't managed this, I'll honestly doubt their dedication.
Want something bad? Then work for it, there was more than enough time. No excuses, not with the available income curve, sorry.

If none of the tools you have (and there are quite a lot) to earn money are fun to use, you are obviously playing the wrong game.

BTW, has anyone yet declared themselves a ED Trillionaire? With screenshot? it's only 1000 Billion, or 200 Fleet carriers worth, no more than about 12500hrs @ 80m credits an hour, just over 2 years @ 18hrs a day.
This cmdr shouldn't have any problem with the FC upkeep costs, no matter what..! :)

This cmdr shouldn't have any problem with the FC upkeep costs, no matter what..! :)
Lmao :LOL:
The sour crowd is whining about having to wait for 3 years for content and not being able to access it (after 3 years of waiting :rolleyes:, I mean, yeah, thats what you get/deserve after 3 years doing nothing), and this guy mines 1.5 billion a day, meaning a carrier and 5 years upkeep after 1 week.

It is my understanding that Triple Hotspots will be a thing of the past. Fdev SAYS they are leaving the code in so that theoretically you would find one again. (According to them triple hotspots are in fact a bug.) But come on, who really believes that?

Better enjoy your Triple LTDs while you can, because I feel that you're not going to see the likes of them again.

Sorry a quick FC question as I didn't do the beta tests, or watch many YT video's on FC. Are they driveable within Systems? Just like ships? Can I jump the FC to a System then i'm just stuck at the nav beacon?, or can I then go into/ stay in supercruise and move it around? And then drop out of Supercruise into anywhere I wanted? Like the edge of Borann A2 rings, or in a Warzone / Conflict zone. I can see the benefit of taking my FC into a conflict zone, knowing its indestructible, and using it as a close in conflict repair base for my Corvette to run to when my shields are down, knowing if an NPC shoots me and misses and hits the FC the FC will nuke them.

Sorry a quick FC question as I didn't do the beta tests, or watch many YT video's on FC. Are they driveable within Systems? Just like ships? Can I jump the FC to a System then i'm just stuck at the nav beacon?, or can I then go into/ stay in supercruise and move it around? And then drop out of Supercruise into anywhere I wanted? Like the edge of Borann A2 rings, or in a Warzone / Conflict zone. I can see the benefit of taking my FC into a conflict zone, knowing its indestructible, and using it as a close in conflict repair base for my Corvette to run to when my shields are down, knowing if an NPC shoots me and misses and hits the FC the FC will nuke them.

You can only jump ships into orbit around a body in system. No stations or signal sources. Carriers can arrive close to stations and other carriers (within a few hundred km's) but it is pure luck where the ship drops out, you can't choose the exact location, it is all based on carrier slot availability around the astronomical body.

It is my understanding that Triple Hotspots will be a thing of the past. Fdev SAYS they are leaving the code in so that theoretically you would find one again. (According to them triple hotspots are in fact a bug.) But come on, who really believes that?

Better enjoy your Triple LTDs while you can, because I feel that you're not going to see the likes of them again.
I think it's easier for them to lower the LTD payout so mining a triple spot of LTDs would become not so profitable.

Top Bottom