ANNOUNCEMENT Fleet Carriers Update - BETA BLOWOUT

Stephen Benedetti

Community Manager
betablowout1920-x-1080.png

Greetings Commanders,

Tied up too many credits in ships and modules to buy a Fleet Carrier this Beta? We have you covered with the BETA BLOWOUT!

Starting from 21 May at 10:00 UTC and lasting until the end of the Beta (26 May), Fleet Carriers will cost a mere 1 million credits and ALL Additional Services will be reduced to 100 credits per service!

We hope that you all get a chance to jump into the Beta over the weekend and show us what you can do with your very own Fleet Carrier!

Please note: The Beta Blowout costs for Fleet Carriers DO NOT reflect the final prices when they are released in June.

o7 Commanders!

Leaked image of FDev offices server for Elite Dangerous

main-qimg-a4bdda3497af0fb639b94fdb53b626ec
Now seriously speaking, this is proof why maintenance exists, the server can't handle that much traffic.

Will there be a reset for this new phase of beta ? Cause I haven't joined beta so far, and my character is away from the bubble, and therefore I'd like to know if I should try going back to the bubble before the "beta blowout" or if it's a waste of time.

Will there be a reset for this new phase of beta ? Cause I haven't joined beta so far, and my character is away from the bubble, and therefore I'd like to know if I should try going back to the bubble before the "beta blowout" or if it's a waste of time.
It's based on your game data from 30th April, so wherever your cmdr was back then, they'll be in the same place when you load up the beta. Even if you are far out, you can just suicide back to the bubble and have a play with the FCs.

It's based on your game data from 30th April, so wherever your cmdr was back then, they'll be in the same place when you load up the beta. Even if you are far out, you can just suicide back to the bubble and have a play with the FCs.

Thanks for your answer. I hadn't considered suicide, I totally neglected that option, but that's a good suggestion.

And if anyone ever quotes that, please remind the context.

I was somewhere in the Elysian Shore between the bubble and the Soul and Heart nebulaes, which is not horribly far away, that's why I was considering traveling back before the "blowout", but if there's a reset, it's not really worth it and suicide-teleportation is probably the better option.

Last edited:
Kudos for running this an extra day fdevs. ..And as for me I wouldn't mind paying only 1 to 3 Billion for a fleet carrier in June. But five bil is too much! (I have 5.3 Billion mind you)

I was somewhere in the Elysian Shore between the bubble and the Soul and Heart nebulaes, which is not horribly far away, that's why I was considering traveling back before the "blowout", but if there's a reset, it's not really worth it and suicide-teleportation is probably the better option.
Consider yourself lucky you have that option. My last docking place as of April 30 was Explorer’s Anchorage. :cry:

Top Bottom